"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

@LandstromCruise Hubby said it cost $40 for the FlowRider in Taino Bay. 

The rest of the afternoon was chill again for me. I am loving this! Hubby and the girls returned around 4pm and then he was off to the FlowRider again. Kids went with him for a bit and then they left him too. Eventually, Hubby ran into @recogneyes and her Hubby, and she got this great pic of Hubby. 

4a7b336b-ab9b-4e8f-8013-42d52ea99494.jpeg.449026f390c2919081fa126a8dc59206.jpeg
Currently waiting for the rest of the family to get moving for dinner. @OCSC Mike, this is the time for Doritos 😉

IMG_9574.thumb.jpeg.2963c02face9b11ed2bb1b0f88b3f802.jpeg

29 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I believe the proper pairing for a martini is Cool Ranch.

Batman would agree with you on this. 

I have to admit, Doritos are not my fave but after reading @Lovetocruise2002's blog, i had a craving for exactly one Dorito last night. Of course we had none in the house, which made me YouTube how to make your own Doritos.

It lead me to this. 

Batman and i about died laughing. Not died laughing, but we did find it wicked funny 

Bottom line, i went to the store today to pick up a bag, only to be chastised that it wasn't Cool Ranch. 😋

I'm thinking the only thing better would be a private hot tub on the balcony. 😍

I noticed that you have the half folding chairs with ottomans on your balcony.  I'm hoping we can get full-fledged loungers out there. Do you think that'd been doable if you asked?

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I'm thinking the only thing better would be a private hot tub on the balcony. 😍

Yes!!! 

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I'm hoping we can get full-fledged loungers out there. Do you think that'd been doable if you asked?

Would not hurt to ask. I have heard of some who have made that request and were told no, and some wishes were granted so YMMV

After dinner we headed to the theatre to watch Showgirls. I knew nothing about this show ahead of time, but I loved it! This show felt classic to me and what really blew me away was the costume designs. I thought they were just gorgeous! Video clips on my story on IG. 

IMG_9583.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you haven’t already guessed from the earlier pics, dinner tonight was back at Chops. Great meal, but service was slow here again. Same deal as NYE, the restaurant wasn’t even half full, and our waiter was attentive, it just wasn’t moving quickly. 
308e82fa-e27f-48bf-a928-e3e30ba36aa0.thumb.jpeg.84fdf290e6c56be634b85e07dbe1a622.jpeg

e58a6f6f-4740-4dad-a480-4e9a0b827e47.thumb.jpeg.40e83e365b951a5997ead33fe44a2d1c.jpeg

Red Velvet Cake! Yummy! Hubby told Chops that my birthday was coming up. Chops sent me a red velvet cake with a candle. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow !  Those towel animals are incredible !  I’ve never seen anything like them.  I guess we know how that attendant made it up to Star Class !  Beautiful.

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed and me either.

Same! Even in our other lofts and star class cruises, there has never been anything like these. 
On another side note, there are 5 star class suites on Odyssey. The lowest amount on any ship. They are all located on Deck 8. There are 2 pairs of loft attendants (so 4 of them). One pair handles the lofts on the port side, the other pair does the starboard side lofts. On top of that, these loft attendants also have the additional task of caring for at least 10 cabins down the hall near the lofts. Needless to say, in talking to some of them, they miss Deck 17/18 on Oasis class too 😉

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After dinner we headed to the theatre to watch Showgirls. I knew nothing about this show ahead of time, but I loved it! This show felt classic to me and what really blew me away was the costume designs. I thought they were just gorgeous! Video clips on my story on IG. 

Glad you liked it! We wanted to see Showgirls, but unfortunately when we sailed Odyssey back in FEB 2022, they were still in that return to cruising mode. The production had not come back yet. I believe the cast was not ready, etc. Something new to look forward to the next time we sail Odyssey! 😃

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I loved this show.  It ranked up there with Aqua 80's I felt. 

Star class FlowRider session was this morning from 9-10am. This was the best session ever! Because OY only has 5 SC rooms, even if every cabin showed up, there are not many to share that session with. However, this morning, only 1 other cabin showed up, and they only stayed for 15mins. Hubby pretty much had the entire FlowRider to himself for the entire time.

IMG_9620.thumb.jpeg.f72db943f31a681ade3e03670944f496.jpeg

IMG_9617.thumb.jpeg.f81e11a87d49bc73aba1eef52f721fe2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Star class FlowRider session was this morning from 9-10am. This was the best session ever! Because OY only has 5 SC rooms, even if every cabin showed up, there are not many to share that session with. However, this morning, only 1 other cabin showed up, and they only stayed for 15mins. Hubby pretty much had the entire FlowRider to himself for the entire time.

I bet he LOVED that!!!  And did you actually go with to take this picture?  How did he get you to do that 😂

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby pretty much had the entire FlowRider to himself for the entire time.

That’s great. As much as the loss of the flowrider perk has annoyed me, our star class session was more like a private session for Lindsay too. When he arrived there were 2 other people which quickly turned into 1 and then it was just him.  1-2 other people is ideal as it lets him catch his breath in between turns. lol 

32 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

I bet he LOVED that!!!  And did you actually go with to take this picture?  How did he get you to do that 😂

We all went to support him this morning lol

19 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Is that a burger on the dinner menu at Chops?

It is on their lunch menu, but we never eat at Chops for lunch. Hubby was really craving a burger for dinner last night so Sergii asked them to make the burger from the lunch menu. Then they made one with a double patty. I have no idea how Hubby even ate all that, but he did. 

8 minutes ago, Jax said:

That’s great. As much as the loss of the flowrider perk has annoyed me, our star class session was more like a private session for Lindsay too. When he arrived there were 2 other people which quickly turned into 1 and then it was just him.  1-2 other people is ideal as it lets him catch his breath in between turns. lol 

Lucky for him. SC FlowRider sessions on OA class has never worked out for us. With so many more suites and tons of people from the ATS, Hubby usually ends up with 1-2 runs at best. Today was great. Another reason to do OY again 😉

For lunch we went to Playmakers. This was our first opportunity to eat here this cruise. While I really like the playmakers menu, I did not like today’s experience at  all. 

First of all, I hate the location of Playmakers here. I know it makes sense, but because I already don’t like the Seaplex, having it here makes it feel like you are eating in a gym, and it smells like it too. Not very appealing or appetizing. Secondly, there are very few booths here. Only 2. Most are tables along the bar, or tables for 2. Both booths are right next to the the foosball table making it very annoying to eat with random people and children playing right next to you. Last, but not least, service here was awful! You all know that I don’t complain much, and I can overlook if they are busy. However, they were not busy today. It took a long time for them to initially take our drinks and food order after Sergii left us. Already not a good sign. The rest of the meal was also super slow, then our waiter went on break, replaced by two other different waiters. We couldn’t even get them to bring us the bill at the end of our 2+ hour meal.

This was the first time ever that we have ever left the restaurant before getting the bill. But that is how annoyed I was. I told Hubby that if they really had an issue with us leaving, they could take it up with Sergii. Anyhow, food was good, the experience, not so much. 

96e13bf1-f7d1-4600-89a1-b5f07b3e849a.jpeg

05cb7576-a23e-471b-8383-2084d11b382b.jpeg

Yikes, having never been on Q-class or really researched it since there's very little chance I'll be on it anytime soon, I had no idea about the Playmakers issue. Sorry to hear about how bad it is. That's a shame because, like everyone else, I really like the food and also a couple of their signature drinks. I had nothing but great experiences on Indy (2 meals, various bar trips) or Wonder (a couple trips to the bar). Looking forward to eating there on Wonder since we didn't in June (too busy freeloading in CK).

Food still looked good though clearly you didn't get to fully enjoy it.

chiming in about playmakers; J and i tried it while aboard odyssey. we sat there for almost 10 minutes in an empty playmakers and finally left because it was silly to feel like we’d been so thoroughly ghosted 😂

still haven’t had anything from playmakers except for the campfire cookie that i got to go on symphony that rainy day we were in roatan… it was quite good! 

I am glad (but also not glad) to hear that our bad experience in Playmakers today was not a one off. D17 was rolling her eyes at us so bad, that I started to feel maybe we were not being patient enough. But Hubby is the most patient guy ever and even he thought it was getting a bit ridiculous today. 

Before dinner, we met Sergii for a few rounds of Bumper Cars. The times for Bumper Cars for this cruise have not been the best. They have all been over the dinner hours. For example, 5-7:30pm; 6-8:30pm, etc. so we waited until tonight since it’s more casual tonight. 
We wrapped up our last dinner at Giovanni’s Kitchen. Another great meal, but sadly SC food coma has started to set in and we could not finish our meals tonight. @LandstromCruise, I tried the lasagna but I did not love it. The taste was good, but it had way too much cheese for my liking. 

414bcb66-0335-4d9b-958b-8e55ccff7923.jpeg

2658fe46-cef2-48e7-a5bb-a6868d6c5521.jpeg

We are all packed up and ready to head out tomorrow morning. We told Sergii we would be ready to leave around 8-8:15am tomorrow. All our luggage will be self carry as we do not put any luggage out. We have trust issues. However, if anyone is wondering, I asked Sergii what time our luggage had to be out by if we did put it out. He said that SC guests on OY can get an extension until about 1:00-2:00am. That still does not replace the luggage cart they used to bring to your room the morning of.