"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Again, I'm scratching my head over the packages available. Where something can be simple, Royal has a knack for complicating it. At least to me!

Regardless, can't wait to hear about your VIP table. 🎉🎈✨

Report coming…

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

😩😬🫠😱😔 

this is a trend i was hoping would decline for us all…

we actually really liked chops on odyssey. 💚 the food was… so so. but the service was great

and gios table was also quite delicious. 

Yeah, I don’t know what is going on with all these AAA calls 🤷🏻‍♀️

I thought the opposite, food was good, service was so slow. I feel like they were understaffed in there. They had Izumi & WJ crew clearing/setting tables. 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

Want to share one next year!

I will work on Hubby lol

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Happy new Years💜🥳

You all look beautiful. The Chops dinner actually looks pretty good. 

Thank you! Dinner was great!

I am convinced there is no better way to ring in the new year than on a cruise. We had a great time tonight!

Our VIP table was the Royal Duo package. That includes up to 4 seats, chef’s choice of snacks, 2 bottles of Moët, and awesome seating. I loved the location (Bionic bar) because you are very close to the platform where they do the countdown but away from the swarm of people on Deck 4. I posted a bunch of videos on my story on IG. 

If I compare this to the rising tide bar on Oasis class, I like this better. And it is cheaper. This location, you are seeing the countdown straight on, whereas the rising tide is slightly off to the side. Hubby and D17 were worried that they would lose “the vibe” of being down below, but in the end, everyone agreed that it was a great time, and worth it. 
64bf9d91-8168-4ce1-a32c-8e5dbee430bb.thumb.jpeg.6abe88b0a9ef4c393d18eb5e1a6df359.jpeg

db3db819-fa71-4b38-bd09-d4f699befca5.thumb.jpeg.530b79990fccd8bd8d212fc91c4c4ea4.jpeg

That’s Sergii. He is pretty awesome.
372f2c48-082a-4d3e-9cac-6ab6819905ff.thumb.jpeg.30826bb23d0ea9679183d1e30866f165.jpeg

IMG_9358.thumb.jpeg.e764ea83548c304c6c0686b9567381a2.jpeg

This countdown was so much fun with Ricky Matthews. His energy and ability to draw in a crowd is unlike any other cruise director. 

IMG_9350.thumb.jpeg.6b77b169123ec0ce0c741bd60be65016.jpeg

IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.7bf68cd8738a655a22ed5d85d8042180.jpeg

We are in PDCC today. Hubby and the kids are “planning” to head out. They have not actually left yet. D17 hasn’t even left the bed. I had breakfast on my own in CK. It is not much different from Anthem’s CK. Very friendly staff! I have zero plans today. Currently enjoying the warmth here on the balcony. This heat is more like it! 

IMG_9371.jpeg

We also had NYE dinner at Chops (AD).  Our reservation was for 5:30 but the restaurant manager called us in the afternoon and asked if we could come at 5:00 b/c they were totally booked (I'm guessing she meant OVERbooked).  It was great for us as we were starving anyway so we got ready and went early.  Even at 5:00 the place was a zoo.  I'm sure it was like that all night. Glad we got in and got out early.

7 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

man that view looks OUTSTANDING.

i am so glad you will have beautiful weather today. my favorite stop next to st. maarten!!!

Yes, we are pleasantly surprised. The cruise compass said it would be a high of 69°F. Weather channel says it’s 76°F here today. 

20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Random findings while wandering the ship. This is the first time ever that I have seen snacks out in the suite lounge in the middle of the day. Usually, the just have things out for breakfast and happy hour.

Wonder had a similar spread when I was freeloading in June. Not as much variety as that though. Looks great!

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

🚨I have made it to the back of WJ

Photo evidence by yours truly 😉

@OCSC Mike @GregD

IMG_9390.jpeg

I can attest this is the view from the back of the windjammer in case you thought she was trying to pull a fast one on you @OCSC Mike. We ate back there every time we ate at WJ for the amazing views!  

2 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

I knew he could do it!!  A little surprise though he didn't get this yesterday 🤣

Way too much going on yesterday with NYE, otherwise he probably would have gone. 

59 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Has Hubby ventured to the WJ yet?

Any sightings of red velvet cake or Ranger Cookies?

No WJ for Hubby yet. And yes, they had Ranger cookies in the WJ earlier today. We have been getting them as a standing order as well. 

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

yassssssss!!!! love the family photo!!

and giovanni’s kitchen!!

and the amazing installation to the open MDR. i love this part of odyssey 😍

If I was eating in the MDR, I don’t know if I would like it. But it’s interesting for sure. 

1 hour ago, LandstromCruise said:

Good, I’m not the only one that booked a pasta place on white night!  My group wasn’t thrilled with me, but it all worked out. Hoping no mishaps with the lasagna in your future 😂😂

Sergii booked this. Remember I mentioned that I had no clue what we were doing and when. Only D15 had red sauce. And we told her she had better be careful. There were no mishaps thankfully. 

After dinner, we went to watch The Book.
IMG_9413.thumb.jpeg.b4400e6970c7ec11940cd9b07d84ea07.jpeg

I am probably in the minority here, but I thought it was just ok. This show, and Spectra, are pretty similar; a collection of acts consisting of songs, music, dance, aerial routines, etc. all loosely tied together. It was entertaining, but it’s not something that I feel I would need to see again on the same sailing, whereas Aqua80, Hiro, or Intense, I would gladly see again. 

On 12/31/2023 at 4:49 PM, SweetPea said:

That looks like a pretty standard layout for a GLS. Why did i think you were in 8722 with a split bath? I swear, I'm losing it! 🤪 We're in 8324 next January. 

BTW, what would be the big deal calling them Star Lofts like Oasis? Never understood why they're GLS on Qclass and SLS on Oclass. 🤔

Edit: also, any info about stair lights is def appreciated! On Anthem, they emitted too much light, we couldn't turn them off, and resorted to putting towels against them to block the lights. 

I The lights drove me a little nuts too!  Next time I’m putting electrical tape around them!  

Checked the blogs tonight for the first time in quite awhile and here you are!  Sending good thoughts and prayers to your dad and your entire family. I’m so happy you made it!  I’m looking forward to keeping up in the next few days. We opened the restaurant on December 13th and haven’t had time to go to the bathroom, let alone read my favorite blog site!  Enjoy every minute my friend!

1 hour ago, Yesiamthere said:

The lights drove me a little nuts too!  Next time I’m putting electrical tape around them!  

I'm glad I'm not the only one! They made a big deal out of it when we asked if they could be turned off. Wanted us to sign a waiver for safety reasons. What's worse, lining both sides of the stairs with towels so we can't see the lights or simply turning them off???

57 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

We opened the restaurant on December 13th and haven’t had time to go to the bathroom, let alone read my favorite blog site!  Enjoy every minute my friend!

Congrats on Just a Small Town Grill!! Wishing you much success! 🥰😍

6 hours ago, Rags1 said:

Checked the blogs tonight for the first time in quite awhile and here you are!  Sending good thoughts and prayers to your dad and your entire family. I’m so happy you made it!  I’m looking forward to keeping up in the next few days. We opened the restaurant on December 13th and haven’t had time to go to the bathroom, let alone read my favorite blog site!  Enjoy every minute my friend!

Sabrina, forgive this breach of blog etiquette but…

…I have to ask @Rags1 ….how are things with the restaurant ?  I was thinking about you guys over the past week with all the Holiday Star Class blogs going…