Jump to content

Integration of RC Loyalty Programs


Recommended Posts

How did we miss this sign of casino programs merging as reported by The Street on 22 December 2023?  Royal Caribbean's Celebrity brand sent out an email that it would be extending the casino year for its Blue Chip casino through July 31, 2024. That means that existing members will hold onto their current tiers for seven more months as the year normally ends at midnight on Dec. 31.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

We started with X and then due to our location to the Texas port went with the other cruise lines (I still cringe at that one) until we sailed on Royal and have not looked back. With our D+ status and Signature for the wife in the Casino the perks make it unlikely for us to consider moving to X unless they decide to move closer. I look at the perks and for us they are a game changer as the free internet, drink vouchers, BOGO dinners and others allow me to remote work for a cost that we cannot justify anywhere else. We are about 12 months away from Pinnacle with our current bookings and look forward to those perks as well. We receive offers from the other folks but the wife definitely says no to them. All that said, if X offered reciprocal perks and status across the board, and sailed out of Texas we would be tempted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2024 at 4:48 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have a very bad feeling about #1.😔

Agree!  Leave everything alone.  D+ has the best perks of all cruise lines and RCCL has the most expensive drinks package at sea.  5 vouchers pp is huge.  We save $1,200+ per cruise under the existing program.  Giving you C&A points on Celebrity will certainly result in giving something else back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the D+ to Elite Plus mapping is clear - 2 bags of laundry, great.  No dinks vouchers and no 2 days free WiFi but you get a limited “happy hour”.  Applaud the new enhanced tier matching but not really compelling.  Does anyone know what 20% off drinks package is?  Is it additional 20% of their advertised packages pre-cruise or is it like Royal where the 20% off is off list price and in reality more expensive than their “specials”.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doug_Texas said:

Is it additional 20% of their advertised packages pre-cruise

In February, the 15% off premium package upgrade for Elite (we had booked under the "have it all" which includes the basic package) was taken off an unusually low offering price pre-cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I really have no need for a second bag of laundry on the typical 7-8 night cruise. So that perk is kind of useless. Unless their bags are half the size of the RC bags.

When I sailed on X earlier this year, a bag of laundry was 30 garments whether they fit in the bag or not.  A pair of socks was considered 1 garment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doug_Texas said:

So the D+ to Elite Plus mapping is clear - 2 bags of laundry, great.  No dinks vouchers and no 2 days free WiFi but you get a limited “happy hour”.  Applaud the new enhanced tier matching but not really compelling.  Does anyone know what 20% off drinks package is?  Is it additional 20% of their advertised packages pre-cruise or is it like Royal where the 20% off is off list price and in reality more expensive than their “specials”.  

A good number of Celebrity cruisers will buy through an inclusive rate so kinda hides the package in the rate.   You would care about losing the 5 drink voucher  if you didn't go with the up charged rate. (Except for the high tier happy hour which I  think provides pretty weak offerings.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess for me, the status match doesn't seem to be too bad. I never expected for Celebrity to adopt Royal's voucher system and other perks, or vice versa. I actually expected a more streamlined system, not a combined point calculation either.

My major gripe is the lack of casino program matching. Since I like to gamble, I have not outright paid for a royal cruise in a couple of years. The monthly casino comps have been a saving grace. I would love a smoke-free, less-children-playing-on-the-machines experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

 

My major gripe is the lack of casino program matching. Since I like to gamble, I have not outright paid for a royal cruise in a couple of years. The monthly casino comps have been a saving grace. I would love a smoke-free, less-children-playing-on-the-machines experience. 

I agree.  This is the last remaining roadblock for us.  If X would just grant us the fee-less cash withdrawal perk then I could make a jump but until they do that, I will stick with Royal unless their prices continue to climb.  I am not willing to start at the very bottom of a new casino program.  I worked too hard to get where I am with Royal.  I strongly suspect that a casino alignment will be next so I will wait to see how that goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

 I am not willing to start at the very bottom of a new casino program.  I worked too hard to get where I am with Royal.  I strongly suspect that a casino alignment will be next so I will wait to see how that goes.

Casino loyalty lasts no more than 12 months.  Aren't you starting at the bottom every year?  (except for drinks, which are included in most X fares)

Is there an aspect of Casino Royale that survives beyond the end of March?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I agree.  This is the last remaining roadblock for us.  If X would just grant us the fee-less cash withdrawal perk then I could make a jump but until they do that, I will stick with Royal unless their prices continue to climb.  I am not willing to start at the very bottom of a new casino program.  I worked too hard to get where I am with Royal.  I strongly suspect that a casino alignment will be next so I will wait to see how that goes.

Of course, you’re right (that the program re-starts every year) but the way the program works I am never tossed back to the “start” (no status) unless I fail to re-qualify (Prime) for some unimaginable reason.  Status is perpetual as long as you stay on the treadmill.  If I start from scratch with X I will have a period of time with no status and that’s a problem for me at present.  I think they will make some accommodations.  I guess we’ll see…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Of course, you’re right (that the program re-starts every year) but the way the program works I am never tossed back to the “start” (no status) unless I fail to re-qualify (Prime) for some unimaginable reason.  Status is perpetual as long as you stay on the treadmill.  If I start from scratch with X I will have a period of time with no status and that’s a problem for me at present.  I think they will make some accommodations.  I guess we’ll see…

Why don't you just use URCOMPED to get you started with celebrity? They will take care of you. Tell them you will qualify for onyx quickly and you need them to get Celebrity to wave the cash advance fee for you. They will tell you if they can do that for you or not.. They did it for me on Virgin i think they could get celebrity to do it for you. Worst thing would be they say no. Then once URCOMPED gets you in the door and you qualify on your own which I know you will, you don't have to use URCOMPED anymore. You can just use celebrity like you do Royal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Why don't you just use URCOMPED to get you started with celebrity? They will take care of you. Tell them you will qualify for onyx quickly and you need them to get Celebrity to wave the cash advance fee for you. They will tell you if they can do that for you or not.. They did it for me on Virgin i think they could get celebrity to do it for you. Worst thing would be they say no. Then once URCOMPED gets you in the door and you qualify on your own which I know you will, you don't have to use URCOMPED anymore. You can just use celebrity like you do Royal. 

Hmmmm...I have never even looked into URCOMPED.  I have no idea how to even start such a process.

Thanks, Steph !  I will look into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hmmmm...I have never even looked into URCOMPED.  I have no idea how to even start such a process.

Thanks, Steph !  I will look into it.

It's very Easy. You go on their website and fill out a form. It has you upload offers that you get from other cruise lines or land based casinos. They quickly verify it and then they assign you a "host" You then tell the host what exactly you need and they contact the cruise line and go to bat for you. I have used them when I wanted to try out Virgin. It was easy and best part is they call casino department for you so you don't have to talk to 100 different people getting 100 different answers lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I really have no need for a second bag of laundry on the typical 7-8 night cruise. So that perk is kind of useless. Unless their bags are half the size of the RC bags.

Me packing  the family dirty laundry for a celebrity cruise so I can use the free laundry-twice! and when I get home I don’t need to worry about that chore waiting for me!

 

IMG_6254.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...