The Hideaway on Icon of the Seas Pricing

Xaa

Hi,

There's some speculation since the unveiling of Hideaway Beach on PDCC about The Hideaway on Icon and if there will be cost.  In my CP this morning I see an in pool daybed appear.  Understandable that there would be a charge for these to keep fighting to a minimum.  They are only offered thus far on sea days.  I think I expect to see them offered on Port days for a lower price like casitas.

image.png.abd1090457f1c1643f17dbbdc68eb54b.png

image.thumb.png.ab1548bea74dd51b1405bfe9771ae0dc.png

28 minutes ago, KWofPerth said:

People will pay that price, sadly.

What’s sad about people choosing to spend their money how they see fit? As long as they’re not hurting anyone, why would you judge them?

People spend money on things I wouldn’t everyday. Everyone has different preferences.

16 minutes ago, putinbay said:

Wow! And guess what?! That price is per person! Holy moly! Now that, my friends, is insane!!! It says "per package," but as you add your guests, the price jumps $350 per each guest added.

I have to believe that's a mistake. Daybeds and casitas are always priced per package, not person... but I guess anything is possible.

1 hour ago, putinbay said:

Wow! And guess what?! That price is per person! Holy moly! Now that, my friends, is insane!!! It says "per package," but as you add your guests, the price jumps $350 per each guest added.

It says per package because it is per package.  You are booking 3 beds in your example.

image.png.81d36ae500dee4c62419d9b50bf35594.png

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

What’s sad about people choosing to spend their money how they see fit? As long as they’re not hurting anyone, why would you judge them?

People spend money on things I wouldn’t everyday. Everyone has different preferences.

Absolutely. 

My wife and I have been asked why we work so hard just to waste our money traveling. 🙄

Edited for clarity

4 hours ago, putinbay said:

image.thumb.png.bba2b9f83581803a75404e355a2820c4.png

You only add ONE person on the reservation. It's just like reserving a day bed on PDCC or a Casita on a ship- you select ONE person and the package covers the amount mentioned in the description 

i would imagine the pool itself is public space and… i don’t know how comfortable i’d feel with spending money for what is essentially an island that anyone could swim up to and haul aboard 😂

but that’s just me 😅

while its true you’re always on display to some extent on the pool deck, this takes it to an entirely different level 😂

21 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@asquared17 AGAIN with you in my head. I was thinking the same thing, "let me lay my chubby self up here and everyone else swim below & alongside me!" Yikes the angle 🙃

Looking forward to all of the Icon videos, while she is not for me I'm sure it will be quite entertaining. 

Those are railings on either side. It's a Pilar at the top of the stairs. I wouldn't pay to have peoples hands and arms drip on me getting in and out. Odd spot for beds. 

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's sad because it will justify Royal's charging of such a ludicrous price, meaning that the rest of us who are more sensible with our disposable inncome won't be able to use what is a fairly basic amenity. 

But hey, on such a large ship, there's plenty of other things to do (which is also why I can't fathom why anyone would want to shell out $350. You basically anchor yourself to that one location for a whole day). Each to their own though.

I agree that there would be fights and arguments if the use of daybeds wasn't regulated in some way.

3 minutes ago, KWofPerth said:

that the rest of us who are more sensible with our disposable inncome

Again, you're trying to judge what others should spend their money on. 🙄

I just overpaid (IMO) for reservations at my wife's favorite onboard restaurant... because it brings her happiness, I also love the food there, and we may not get to go there again. To some... a waste of money. To me... worth it even though I think it's a bit overpriced.

If the daybed is worth $350 to someone then it is, even if you can't personally fathom it.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Again, you're trying to judge what others should spend their money on. 🙄

I just overpaid (IMO) for reservations at my wife's favorite onboard restaurant... because it brings her happiness, I also love the food there, and we may not get to go there again. To some... a waste of money. To me... worth it even though I think it's a bit overpriced.

If the daybed is worth $350 to someone then it is, even if you can't personally fathom it.

I agree with all you have just stated.

Shoot, I kind of missed that.  On 1/27 Icon and the only one left is $250 during PDCC.  I would have considered it on sea day because we love pool in direct sun minus belly flop contests and Solarium isn’t really direct sun anymore on newer ships.  I’m not too sad as I assume my cheapskate tendencies would have kicked in before adding to cart and checking out.

OK, I'm guilty. LOL.

I just booked one of the ocean view beds for Icon May 4th sailing.

From what I can see there doesn't seem to be any free seating back there by that pool at all??? 

I wanted to spend one day by that pool. Probably the rest at the adult only pool (Cloud 17).

It's silly but the description says you get champagne, bottle water, and 4 towels. That plus the "sale price of $239" put it over the top for me. Interesting how it's so specific about 4 towels, but does not mention how much champagne and bottled water are involved???

The champagne and water made it feel like a treat. So I said why not. It's so not something I normally would spend money on. We are inside cabin people. LOL. 

I do wish for all that money it was an adult only pool. But very excited that the pools will be so Ocean focused facing outward like the hot tubs do on other ships. 

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, I'm guilty. LOL.

From what I can see there doesn't seem to be any free seating back there by that pool at all??? 

I wanted to spend one day by that pool. Probably the rest at the adult only pool (Cloud 17).

It's silly but the description says you get champagne, bottle water, and 4 towels. That plus the "sale price of $239" put it over the top for me. Interesting how it's so specific about 4 towels, but does not mention how much champagne and bottled water are involved???

The champagne and water made it feel like a treat. So I said why not. It's so not something I normally would spend money on. We are inside cabin people. LOL. 

I do wish for all that money it was an adult only pool. But very excited that the pools will be so Ocean focused facing outward like the hot tubs do on other ships. 

In the fine print it says one bottle of champagne 

9 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, I'm guilty. LOL.

You probably made a good call.  I thin the area will be popular and there doesn't appear to be a ton of seating in the orange chairs to the side.  Should make for some great hogging antics and resultant people watching.  If this is where you want to be, while it's new and shiny especially, securing your location is a decent move.  Personal preference, but I think I like the Oceanview better than the in pool because of traffic, but I'm not the target for these, I'm an in the shade guy.

The pool doesn't look like too much fun for kids, I don't see it as any competition for Seaside so it may be defacto adults only just by what it offers.

I'll stop by for some people watching for sure.  I rate this as the area most likely to see a fight onboard.

18 hours ago, Jill said:

I personally think it’d be smarter to offer these as 1/2 day reservations. Charge $200 for 1/2 day and they net an additional $50 per bed, per day. 😁

I agree!  That would be smart. We got one of the poolside beds, but we have an excursion in the morning so will only get to use it for half the day. And I am sure we aren't the only ones with that scenario. 

19 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, I'm guilty. LOL.

I totally get it - and if you are planning to do a whole pool day then, factoring the champagne and water, etc, it works out to not much per hour

I am someone who can't do more than an hour or so at the pool so doesn't make sense for me (unless they did like an hourly rate lol) but in your scenario I can totally see it being worth it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 6:28 PM, KWofPerth said:

It's sad because it will justify Royal's charging of such a ludicrous price, meaning that the rest of us who are more sensible with our disposable inncome won't be able to use what is a fairly basic amenity. 

But hey, on such a large ship, there's plenty of other things to do (which is also why I can't fathom why anyone would want to shell out $350. You basically anchor yourself to that one location for a whole day). Each to their own though.

I agree that there would be fights and arguments if the use of daybeds wasn't regulated in some way.

I’m actually a proponent of the charge. I can only wish they would charge a fee for standard chairs so that it puts the chair hogs out of business. Personally I wouldn’t spend $350 on a day bed w/ no cover but I get it. There’s plenty of people who will line up to pay $350 and more for the pleasure. Cruising has evolved and those who hang on to the past will only be disappointed because the good old days are long gone. What was once a day filled with skeet shooting off the rear of the ship capped off with a midnight buffet is now a poppy show of Instagram influencers who are willing to pay ANYTHING to get that perfect shot. It’s never going to change and this type of cruising will only continue along the same road so you have to make the decision to stay on the ship or jump ship. 

I have no problem with people spending money as they see fit, but the ever increasing areas of the ship where people pay extra to use because they have money or like to give off the impression they do reduces the experience for others.

I consider myself privileged because of my upbringing so can afford all this stuff but not my style. The amount of money people have is often nothing to do with how hard they work, just a comment used by those that can.

10 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

I have no problem with people spending money as they see fit, but the ever increasing areas of the ship where people pay extra to use because they have money or like to give off the impression they do reduces the experience for others.

I consider myself privileged because of my upbringing so can afford all this stuff but not my style. The amount of money people have is often nothing to do with how hard they work, just a comment used by those that can.

I don't have a pot and don't care enough about anyone else to want to give off an impression that I do.

I booked as a once in a lifetime treat with a bottle of champagne too boot. Also just one day to not get up at 6am and take turns saving our seats and having to eat breakfast separately to do so without having our towels/things removed.

Perhaps you are in fact too "privileged" to assume so much about those that might partake of this and the various reasons and types of folks that will. 

Some have it. Some don't. Some show off. Some don't even think in those terms. And some just want one special day. Even if it means having cable turned off to be able to afford something special.

45 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I don't have a pot and don't care enough about anyone else to want to give off an impression that I do.

I booked as a once in a lifetime treat with a bottle of champagne too boot. Also just one day to not get up at 6am and take turns saving our seats and having to eat breakfast separately to do so without having our towels/things removed.

Perhaps you are in fact too "privileged" to assume so much about those that might partake of this and the various reasons and types of folks that will. 

Some have it. Some don't. Some show off. Some don't even think in those terms. And some just want one special day. Even if it means having cable turned off to be able to afford something 

Another reason the RC should charge for standard deck chairs. I am thinking $10/chair would be piece of mind so that you could park your belongings on a chair and get up to enjoy lunch exc w/o being concerned that your chair would be taken. If you already have enough disposable income for a vacation then the $20 per couple charge shouldn’t break the bank and would offer piece of mind (and put the chair hogs out of business). 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:00 AM, KWofPerth said:

AAAAAahahaha, $350.   

People will pay that price, sadly.

Edit: probably Instagbammers and other "influencers".

On 9/26/2023 at 3:31 AM, OCSC Mike said:

yeah you are right, probably he is satisfying his mind😆