Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

You made him sleep in the suitcase room? Cruel. 

He was cozy in there lol

17 minutes ago, TomBryant said:

Thank you for taking us along on this cruise. I caught myself checking up on your progress to the ship and your time on board for the last almost 10 days.

Thanks for following along!

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Landed. Car picked up. Driving back to our house now. Back to the real world. Next cruise in 24 days! That is such a great feeling! 

I presume the kids get to go along on this next one?  Enjoyed following along.  I had gotten out of the habit of checking the live blog boards and it was fun to get back into it.  Have a cruise on Odyssey Nov 25, 2023 so thinking of doing a blog for that.  

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No stairs is heaven.  ...the long walk aft, however, diminishes the lack of stairs' utility.  UGH.

We are actually of the same mindset there! If you're allllll the way aft, no stairs is a trade-off for that. It's like saying you can walk a mile -or- you can climb a set of stairs. I just struggle to see his logic.... wait till he finds out i booked us for 11 nights in a GL on Odyssey  ... for his birthday. THAT should be a fun trip report. We'll recreate Sabrina & Justin's hiking pic for that one ... Good thing our wedding vows included "there is no such thing as divorce." 😁

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Next cruise in 24 days!

#jealous

Wondering (no pun intended) how I’ll make it til March but then we do have 3 in 5 months which is a lot for us so there’s that.

Need my wife to get back out of the classroom so we can sneak in an extra cruise or two like we did last October.

On 7/23/2023 at 4:15 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just took off the bedding a bit and can confirm that the master bedroom mattress is one whole piece. Cannot be split.

We have a cruise next week on odyssey and then transatlantic back we're excited for that too....it will be like seeing everyone you just met in the crew again two months later ....never had that before.

@Lovetocruise2002 once again I'm behind. 24 days, glorious! What ship please and are you blogging it? I hate missing your adventures.

We visited 2 colleges this past week and honestly I am finished sailing for a few years (after the 2 booked next summer) This whole process is depressing and exhausting. At least she wants to go more technical so she will have licensure and a profession when done.

Oh my I just returned from the supermarket, I'm not sure where inflation is reported to be going down but it's sure not in Tampa Florida! The people who say this obviously don't shop for their families in person.

I will live vicariously through you until probably 2027. 

Don't get me wrong kiddo is working and will absolutely do her part but we don't want her strapped with crushing debt, it's hard enough now a days....

Bring it on please, I can't wait for your next experience! Did you Royal up bid?  Oh, by the way did you find any ducks?? You know I love my ducks!

Last thought now that you're back. I'm not a fan of the suites neighborhood on the Wonder, nope I prefer the older Oasis class ships set up of deck 17. Thats why on the Utopia I booked @OCSC Mikes suite next to CK. Im there for the inaugural festivities but otherwise will be from lounge to balcony, period. Looking forward to sailing in my CK cabin!

Glad you're home safe 🙂

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@OCSC Mikes suite next to CK

I'm both happy and sad every time you call it that, lol.

I know we'll fall right back into our non-suite routine but I will miss that location and the perks being steps away.

Hoping for another family cruise in June 2025 but I shudder to think of the GS prices even the day they come out.

3 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

I presume the kids get to go along on this next one?  Enjoyed following along.  I had gotten out of the habit of checking the live blog boards and it was fun to get back into it.  Have a cruise on Odyssey Nov 25, 2023 so thinking of doing a blog for that.  

Yes lol, the freeloaders are going on the next one. We sail Odyssey about a month after you so blog away, I will definitely follow along.

3 hours ago, SweetPea said:

We'll recreate Sabrina & Justin's hiking pic for that one ...

The key to that photo is to be really miserable and grumpy 😂

3 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I can't even ...  🥰😄  

We’re actually headed your way 😉

3 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

We have a cruise next week on odyssey and then transatlantic back we're excited for that too....it will be like seeing everyone you just met in the crew again two months later ....never had that before.

I would love that but Hubby never likes to sail the same ship so close together. I have to give him enough time between ships to forget it, then it’s like a brand new ship to him 😁

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

What ship please and are you blogging it? I hate missing your adventures.

Liberty…9 night Canada/NE…thinking about blogging it. It’s going to be a very busy port heavy sailing though…

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

We visited 2 colleges this past week and honestly I am finished sailing for a few years (after the 2 booked next summer)

I hear you loud and clear. Our girls are the same age…it’s not any better in Canada.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Did you Royal up bid?

You know I did! Lol!

But I would never get so lucky to win twice in a row. I would be stunned. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Oh, by the way did you find any ducks?? You know I love my ducks!

We didn’t even look. Please don’t hate me, but we are not into the whole duck hide and seek thing. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

but I shudder to think of the GS prices even the day they come out.

Especially after @Matt’s latest blog post on prices staying high…yikes! 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes lol, the freeloaders are going on the next one. We sail Odyssey about a month after you so blog away, I will definitely follow along.

The key to that photo is to be really miserable and grumpy 😂

We’re actually headed your way 😉

I would love that but Hubby never likes to sail the same ship so close together. I have to give him enough time between ships to forget it, then it’s like a brand new ship to him 😁

Liberty…9 night Canada/NE…thinking about blogging it. It’s going to be a very busy port heavy sailing though…

I hear you loud and clear. Our girls are the same age…it’s not any better in Canada.

You know I did! Lol!

But I would never get so lucky to win twice in a row. I would be stunned. 

We didn’t even look. Please don’t hate me, but we are not into the whole duck hide and seek thing. 

Especially after @Matt’s latest blog post on prices staying high…yikes! 

The first is with the whole family, the second is for our anniversary. We were looking at odyssey or symphony ta back....wife liked the Odyssey itinerary better so.....

HOME SAFE 🥰💚🥰

after that harrowing journey out there, and a nail biter of a time up until boarding, i was hoping for the smoothest of departures and flights back home for you guys. 

happy you are cruising again in a mere 24 days!! J and i always feel good on our december disembarkation bc we know we are back at it come the first week in february. not long enough to get a real cruise hangover 😂

@SweetPea tell batman i will take his place in a loft suite with you at any time 😂😂😂 the stairs and walk do not bother me 💚

43 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

happy you are cruising again in a mere 24 days!!

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

am also jealous you are cruising in only 24 days

No choice. We have to squeeze everything into July/August because of school holidays. Then we have stretches when I wish I could go, but cannot. 

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No choice. We have to squeeze everything into July/August because of school holidays. Then we have stretches when I wish I could go, but cannot.

We're in the same boat... err... ship. But it's June/July here b/c schools are crazy in FL. Wife goes back to work this week, kids start next week.

@OCSC Mike we start classes 10 August but clearly our teachers are hard at work already. We've had a new to the school open house, schedules were delivered and emails are coming in. It's a sad time this month for everyone. Here we go again. 

Oh to top it off the population here has exploded, orange groves are now new homes....loaded with families. I honestly don't know how teachers do it. I'd have to bring a thermos of red sangria (I mean juice) to get through August alone! 

Teachers=Heros 

We graduate June 1, 2024 with classes ending a week before, so next sailing 7 June 2024. 

33 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@OCSC Mike we start classes 4 August but clearly our teachers are hard at work already. We've had a new to the school open house, schedules were delivered and emails are coming in. It's a sad time this month for everyone. Here we go again. 

Oh to top it off the population here has exploded, orange groves are now new homes....loaded with families. I honestly don't know how teachers do it. I'd have to bring a thermos of red sangria (I mean juice) to get through August alone! 

Teachers=Heros 

We graduate June 1, 2024 with classes ending a week before, so next sailing 7 June 2024.

Wow, classes August 4th? That's even worse. My SIL/BIL/nieces live over on your side near Bradenton and they go back the same date as Orange County... the 10th I think.

I won't rant on behalf of my wife except to say the most frustrating part for her is that it's not the kids or the difficult parents (although those are challenging of course), it's the stuff she has to deal with from the local and state government. That's why she was thrilled to get an out of the classroom position last year where she did some admin stuff and then also provided extra reading help to kids who needed it in K-2. The position came from a grant that was supposed to be for at least 3 years... last school year ended and her principal told her "no more grant, sorry, you're back in the classroom."

End of mini rant, lol.

38 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@OCSC Mike we start classes 10 August but clearly our teachers are hard at work already. We've had a new to the school open house, schedules were delivered and emails are coming in. It's a sad time this month for everyone. Here we go again. 

Teachers=Heros 

We start August 14. Ends June 10. Taking a personal business day, because cruise starts June 10. No students on June 10. Just meetings.

4 minutes ago, Sweety said:

We start August 14. Ends June 10. Taking a personal business day, because cruise starts June 10. No students on June 10. Just meetings.

Guess starting in early-mid August is more widespread than I realized. Wife and I started after Labor Day in PA (back in the 80s-90s of course).

13 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Wow, school is long for some of you. Do you have some extended breaks that maybe don’t happen here in IL?  My kids starts Aug 23, and are done May 23. 

We have 1 week for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks plus an extra day or 2 for Xmas/New Years break, 1 week plus an extra day for Spring Break. The rest are just random single days off for federal holidays & teacher service days or whatever they call them.

Kids are actually done May 24th here looking at my wife’s calendar but teachers are supposed to come back for 2 days of post planning after Memorial Day which is dumb.

So nice you are headed our way! We've had some crazy weather lately, but it seems to be abating so i hope the trend continues and we can give you a fair weather cruise! Plus 9 nights is way better than 7. Usually 10-12 nights is my sweet spot.

When 2025 bookings started to open, i didn't even realize it till later on in the evening. With Odyssey doing two 11-night and one 12-night sailings January 2025, by the time i checked, there was exactly one Star Class stateroom left, which our fave TA held for us. Batman doesn't know about it ... yet.  Odyssey only has what, 5 Star rooms total? I was ecstatic with the price. It was cheaper than booking Sky and purchasing add-ons. 

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

it's the stuff she has to deal with from the local and state government.

That is the source of my main frustration as well.

5 hours ago, Sweety said:

Taking a personal business day, because cruise starts June 10. No students on June 10. Just meetings.

You are so lucky your school board allows you to do that. We cannot take personal days that back into a holiday or summer vacation, even if it's just meetings all day.

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wife and I started after Labor Day in PA (back in the 80s-90s of course).

This is how it is in Ontario, where we live. The school year always begins the day after Labour Day and runs until the end of June. 2 weeks off for Christmas/New Years, 1 week off in March, and then of course the shorter Thanksgiving, Easter breaks. Now you can see why we always cruise July/Aug/end of December/March lol

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

We've had some crazy weather lately, but it seems to be abating so i hope the trend continues and we can give you a fair weather cruise!

We are prepared to pack some layered outfits for this upcoming one.

Plus 9 nights is way better than 7.

But you know it's Liberty right? That's 9 nights of MDR and WJ. 😆

which our fave TA held for us.

She is definitely awesome!

Odyssey only has what, 5 Star rooms total?

Yup! 5 Star and 2 genies only.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We cannot take personal days that back into a holiday or summer vacation, even if it's just meetings all day.

My wife technically can't either. Obviously they can't stop her from calling out "sick" but she wouldn't get a paid day off for it.