Billed for pool towels

Just got off Vision of the Seas. Wonderful cruise! Checked my cruise account everyday for any erroneous charges all was good. Today I found time to actually check my bill from Royal and lo and behold a $50 charge for pool towel. We borrowed 2 towels for 1 hour and returned them. Thought the pool attendant scanned my card but guess he didnt. Called Royal and they credited me but I felt like they didnt believe me. You can be sure next cruise I want to be sure and double check.

1 hour ago, skings8 said:

Just got off Vision of the Seas. Wonderful cruise! Checked my cruise account everyday for any erroneous charges all was good. Today I found time to actually check my bill from Royal and lo and behold a $50 charge for pool towel. We borrowed 2 towels for 1 hour and returned them. Thought the pool attendant scanned my card but guess he didnt. Called Royal and they credited me but I felt like they didnt believe me. You can be sure next cruise I want to be sure and double check.

I always ask them... "Am I down to zero?"

Is Royal the only cruise line that charges for the pool towels?  I just got off NCL Prima and although there was a lot I wasn’t happy with one good thing is that most of the sun chairs each have a nicely rolled towel sitting on it waiting for someone to occupy and use.  If there is no towel you just go get one and return on your way back in.  No big deal!

Why does Royal have to make it so difficult?

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Is Royal the only cruise line that charges for the pool towels?  I just got off NCL Prima and although there was a lot I wasn’t happy with one good thing is that most of the sun chairs each have a nicely rolled towel sitting on it waiting for someone to occupy and use.  If there is no towel you just go get one and return on your way back in.  No big deal!

Agreed.  It was one of the very few things I liked about NCL.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I never understood why RC thinks people would steal blue towels, but not the white ones.

The white towels are too small to be of any use to anyone.  The blue towels are nice and big.  I get it.  LOL

Royal used to have much nicer towels - the old blue and white ones - those would get taken a lot more often as souvenirs by guests. I think that's why they police towels and and I know that's why they originally changed to the blue towels.

Source: Had a family member that worked for RC back during this time and during the towel change. 

32 minutes ago, Sydnie said:

Royal used to have much nicer towels - the old blue and white ones - those would get taken a lot more often as souvenirs by guests. I think that's why they police towels and and I know that's why they originally changed to the blue towels.

Source: Had a family member that worked for RC back during this time and during the towel change. 

I thought about it when they were blue and white-I liked those.  I actually had one in my suitcase and within minutes of packing my guilt got the better of me and I took it out.  That was years ago.

18 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

They're free to use on Holland America. There were even rolled up pool towels placed on each chair around the main pool every morning.

27 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

They're free to use on Holland America. There were even rolled up pool towels placed on each chair around the main pool every morning.

On Royal, I often find complimentary towels on the loungers in the solarium in the early morning hours- VERY convenient and considerate.  <WINK WINK>