Liberty did not get Freestyle in Wet Dock

I will never understand why there were ships without the machines. Really, the soda package feels like such a waste if you're on a ship that doesn't have the machine because you're options are - at best - 3, or, if you're like most people and have a preference, probably just 1. And only at a bar which is much harder to find open at 11 AM and goodness forbid you just want flavored water....either hike up to Windjammer for or be SOL....

It's my biggest complaint with Royal Caribbean, I think.

Count me in on the bafflement with Voyager... If a fast-food place were to put in a freestyle machine, it would take all of an afternoon, tops. All they really have to do is plug it in and hook it up to a water line. Could be done on a turnaround day or in Liberty's case, could *easily* be done during a 3-day wet dock. So why the reticence on Royal's part to retrofit these last few ships that are without? I keep hanging onto hope that by some miracle they'll see fit to install them on Voyager between now and October, but I know that's not likely. I just for the life of me can't figure out why.

40 minutes ago, crazy4disney said:

Count me in on the bafflement with Voyager... If a fast-food place were to put in a freestyle machine, it would take all of an afternoon, tops. All they really have to do is plug it in and hook it up to a water line. Could be done on a turnaround day or in Liberty's case, could *easily* be done during a 3-day wet dock. So why the reticence on Royal's part to retrofit these last few ships that are without? I keep hanging onto hope that by some miracle they'll see fit to install them on Voyager between now and October, but I know that's not likely. I just for the life of me can't figure out why.

There's more to it than just that.  They have to have a space for the syrup boxes for all the flavors, and then run the lines for each of them to the machine.   

I do wish they'd get them on every ship,  even if they just installed one Freestyle machine at a time on a ship,  it could be done overnight,  with minimal guest impact, even if spread over two or three nights.  I

these ships have them already installed...

• Adventure of the Seas
  • Allure of the Seas
  • Anthem of the Seas
  • Enchantment of the Seas
  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Freedom of the Seas
  • Grandeur of the Seas
  • Harmony of the Seas
  • Independence of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas
  • Majesty of the Seas
  • Mariner of the Seas
  • Oasis of the Seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Quantum of the Seas
  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Symphony of the Seas
  • Navigator of the Seas (added in 2019)

6 hours ago, Robert M said:

these ships have them already installed...

• Adventure of the Seas
  • Allure of the Seas
  • Anthem of the Seas
  • Enchantment of the Seas
  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Freedom of the Seas
  • Grandeur of the Seas
  • Harmony of the Seas
  • Independence of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas
  • Majesty of the Seas
  • Mariner of the Seas
  • Oasis of the Seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Quantum of the Seas
  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Symphony of the Seas
  • Navigator of the Seas (added in 2019)

Majesty of the Seas? No Odyssey or Wonder?

7 hours ago, BrianB said:

@Robert M Just curious….did Liberty complete the Wet Dock? I’m booked on her May 4 from Port Liberty and was worried something may happen during the wet dock that would cause a cancellation.

I'll be there as well!  See you there.  if you see a woman with brown long hair doing Tiktok lives, that's me. 

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

That is an old list. I believe so far it is just Voyager and Liberty that do not have Freestyle machines. Odyssey and Wonder aren't on that list but they both have them. 

Haven't been on them as of yet, but I decided to do a search on Royal Caribbean's site and came up with this outdated Wonderless list.

What are The Onboard Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Coca-Cola® freestyle machines are currently available on the following ships:

14 hours ago, crazy4disney said:

I suspect they need a drain as well.  All that ice that spills over, and folks who overfill or spill, that overflows and has to drain somewhere.  

Plus there is not just water and electrical everywhere they can tap into.  

I'm not saying it has to be done in a shipyard, but I suspect it's not as simple as you may think.  

I may be mistaken but I'm certain the Freestyle Machines have a special place here on the Blog. I believe the news of them coming onboard was the first exclusive the Blog received from Royal and marked a dramatic change from being a random internet fanzine to having important inside connections.

Another soda/ mixer oddity about Royal: If I go to any random bar on any random ship, what are the odds the mixer for my drink comes out of a gun or is poured from a container I could have purchased from a local grocery store (professionally called pre-mix containers)?  50-50? Likely less?

Why is this? Is it for easier inventory audits? I think we all know Royal it is against Royal's $$$ interest to have fast bar service. And, all that trash; even though it is recyclable, stands in the way of the Save The Waves initiative, no? But man o' man it's a lot of effort and man hours for something that you already have the infrastructure for (professionally called a post mix system). Incidentally. those boxes each hold 5 gallons of syrup but yield 30 gallons of product. A box of syrup costs about $60. The equivalent 30 gallons of Coke is 13 1/3 cases of 24 cans. 13 cases of Coke purchased from my local grocery store costs $166. 

I'm so thankful for this message board.  All of the ships we've been on so far had the freestyle machines and I buy my wife the soda package for one reason and one reason only: Diet Dr. Pepper.  

Am I correct to assume that the bars on Liberty do not have Diet Dr Pepper?  Because if that's the case, I'm going to cancel that soda package for our June 1 Liberty sailing.  Any solid confirmations would really help me here.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Thumper44 said:

I'm so thankful for this message board.  All of the ships we've been on so far had the freestyle machines and I buy my wife the soda package for one reason and one reason only: Diet Dr. Pepper.  

Am I correct to assume that the bars on Liberty do not have Diet Dr Pepper?  Because if that's the case, I'm going to cancel that soda package for our June 1 Liberty sailing.  Any solid confirmations would really help me here.  Thanks!

I would be correct to assume. My understanding was they carried Dr. Pepper and the Diet version when Liberty sailed from Texas. I would safely assume that she would only have Coke, Sprite, Diet coke and Coke Zero in the cans/nozzle/bottle. 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:46 PM, USFFrank said:

Majesty of the Seas? No Odyssey or Wonder?

Can confirm Odyssey has the machines. And I believe I saw them in vlogs of Wonder.

17 hours ago, Thumper44 said:

When we sailed Liberty several years back it was only Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke for sodas. Water and straight Tonic water were also included.

I'm sailing on Liberty with a group of friends in May and a few of them have the Deluxe or Refreshment Package. The bars are pretty easy to figure out how to get sodas and I'm assuming that the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's, you just ask at the counter, but what about the Windjammer? Is there a place you go to get the fountain soda since there are no freestyle machines? 

1 hour ago, Scarlett625 said:

I'm sailing on Liberty with a group of friends in May and a few of them have the Deluxe or Refreshment Package. The bars are pretty easy to figure out how to get sodas and I'm assuming that the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's, you just ask at the counter, but what about the Windjammer? Is there a place you go to get the fountain soda since there are no freestyle machines? 

You will have to ask the roaming staff; they will take your card and return with the soda.

We are going on the Liberty in a couple of weeks also. The three of us have purchased the soda package. Are we allowed to bring our own thermal cups and have them filled in the restaurants or bars? With the freestyle my hubby would go and fill them up everynight around 10pm for the cabin. I can;t imagine they would want him to take three glasses to go.

10 hours ago, CTKaren said:

We are going on the Liberty in a couple of weeks also. The three of us have purchased the soda package. Are we allowed to bring our own thermal cups and have them filled in the restaurants or bars? With the freestyle my hubby would go and fill them up everynight around 10pm for the cabin. I can;t imagine they would want him to take three glasses to go.

For sanitary purposes, the bars won't let you hand them the cups to fill but they will give you your soda of choice in a glass which you are then free to pour into your preferred personal tumbler.

In terms of filling up the cups in bulk, I've done it. Only for 2 people but no one ever cared. My guess, they figure if you have the cups then you have the package so what's the problem.

Recently sailed on Independence and we loved it so much we booked a 9 night on the Liberty for 2024. The lack of freestyle machines has me reconsidering. Seriously. I dont drink alcohol but I'm a soda fiend so its definitely a big deal to me. Very very frustrating, I really don't want to spend 9 days drinking only sprite (I limit my caffeine intake so coke, while I like it, has to be limited). 

Again, yes, total first world problem but thats a lot of time and money to spend on a vacation to NOT be able to habe something I enjoy lol

15 hours ago, CTKaren said:

I was on the Anthem of the Seas in December and people tried to fill their own tumblers with water and other complimentary drinks but the crew would advise them to use a glass and then pour the contents into the tumbler. A few of the crew even waited while I did it and took the used glasses back from me. It is an extra step but I get that they don't want the tumbler someone just drank from potentially touching the spouts that everyone uses.

Because of the lack of freestyle machines I am now considering paying by the drink. If I pay for each soda is there any way to get it in a

can? So much easier to transport to the cabin. I am ok with glass at meal time but we like to have soda in the cabin too.

16 minutes ago, CTKaren said:

Because of the lack of freestyle machines I am now considering paying by the drink. If I pay for each soda is there any way to get it in a

can? So much easier to transport to the cabin. I am ok with glass at meal time but we like to have soda in the cabin too.

Perhaps bring a case of soda with you on boarding day.  Save your money.  

• Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

28 minutes ago, CTKaren said:

When paying for each drink on the spot I always asked for a can of whatever soda and they brought a can.  

I do the same now that I’ve reached voucher level, and I’ve always received a can.   The one time I forgot to say the word “can”, the waiter brought me a glass of fountain soda and didn’t use a voucher. 

But they did get a new pump so the Flowrider was able to be fixed on the second day of returning to service.  Many other places were freshly painted, including the helicopter landing area.  During the first cruise out of Wet Dock I don't think they knew which day it was going to be repaired because on the Cruise Compass the Flowrider was listed but had no hours of operation.

For this cruise we saw listed the "Flowrider at night" and it was so fun.  It started at 9:00 pm and ended an hour later.  Very small group of about 5 people on the Flowrider so the employees were almost giving private lessons really help them to get better.  We will watch on future cruises because we were at sea, cooler temperature at night about 20 people watching them support. 

1 hour ago, CTKaren said:

Yes.  If you pay by the drink, they will bring you a can if they have it.  Just ask before you order it to be sure they have a can.  Sometimes they don’t.  It has been my experience that the dining rooms will always have cans available.