Johnny Rockets

14 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

You can eat breakfast there and it was included.  If you have the refreshment package then you can get the milkshakes. 

Breakfast is only available on Oasis-class ships at Johnny Rockets, so Voyager will only be open for lunch and into the early evening. The milkshakes are covered by the refreshment package AND the DBP.

6 hours ago, Weezie57 said:

My teenagers are excited there is a Johnny Rockets on Voyager of the Seas even though they have never eaten there.  My first question is how is the food?  Secondly, I think I read somewhere you could use your Deluxe Drink Package to get milkshakes there, is that accurate?

The food is really good actually in my opinion. It's nice treat on a cruise. Excellent milkshakes. The kids will enjoy it. Have a great cruise, Oasis is amazing! 

Oasis I believe Johnny Rockets serves breakfast too. 

8 hours ago, Weezie57 said:

My teenagers are excited there is a Johnny Rockets on Voyager of the Seas even though they have never eaten there.  My first question is how is the food?  Secondly, I think I read somewhere you could use your Deluxe Drink Package to get milkshakes there, is that accurate?

My sister the tuna melts at JR and I like their chili.  Sundaes are included in the price.  Let them melt a little and you have a milkshake!

17 minutes ago, Weezie57 said:

Well, that sucks.  I do appreciate the info.  Now I can lower their expectation before we get on the ship.

They'll be plenty of fun stuff to do don't worry. On a cruise no one thing ruins it for us. Things don't always work out, just move on to the next thing. Go with the flow is our motto. Have a great cruise! 

46 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

They'll be plenty of fun stuff to do don't worry. On a cruise no one thing ruins it for us. Things don't always work out, just move on to the next thing. Go with the flow is our motto. Have a great cruise! 

Oh, everyone is still super excited about the cruise.  That’s a little disappointing but it won’t take away from the fun we will have and the memories we will create.

11 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, I learned something today. Are they moving away from Johnny Rockets? Is Icon gonna have Johnny Rockets? 

Ahhh….Playmakers is the replacement for Johnny Rockets. No licensing fees and they don’t have to have a single source for the food. Playmakers cleverly uses beverage staff as servers, not the assistant waiters used in JRs.

There is hope for JR lovers! Playmakers sports bar concept is a far better fit for Royal, unfortunately it requires what I would call Class A space. It needs to be in a prominent, very high traffic area. JR can sustain itself in what I would say is Class C space, that area on the top deck, aft. To be honest, JR is the most successful thing that has ever been in Royals Class C areas and you’ll never see a direct swap of Playmakers for JR. So I expect JR will linger on.

You mentioned Icon class, put a pin in my thoughts about Class C areas because we all need to have a discussion about Icon and it’s Class C areas. I have a lot of doubts.

I'm not sure about that Bobroo.  On Oasis, Symphony and Wonder JR is right across the Boardwalk from Playmakers in what you call Class A space.  On Harmony and Allure it's across from Sabor which occupies the space where Playmakers is on the other Oasis class ships.  In the case of Oasis class, Playmakers is the replacement for Sabor.

It is kinda interesting that playmakers is right across from Johnny Rockets. I guess in the end kinda redundant. We didn't eat at Playmakers when we were on Oasis last summer for some reason. There were just so many free places to eat I guess we didn't think of it. 

We were supposed to be on Oasis May before we switched cruises to Liberty to a much longer cruise. We were going to try it for lunch on embarkation day. 

6 hours ago, MoonMan81 said:

I've a question.  If I have the Deluxe dining package, can I get the premium offerings for free at Breakfast?  I've never seen the dining package include breakfast before?

You should be able to but keep in mind that would use up your daily JR allotment. You can only visit the a la carte options once a day, so if you go for breakfast, you won't be able to go for lunch.

6 hours ago, Xaa said:

I'm not sure about that Bobroo.  On Oasis, Symphony and Wonder JR is right across the Boardwalk from Playmakers in what you call Class A space.  On Harmony and Allure it's across from Sabor which occupies the space where Playmakers is on the other Oasis class ships.  In the case of Oasis class, Playmakers is the replacement for Sabor.

My bad, you are exactly right. JRs has prime real estate on the Oasis class Boardwalks.