Random Observations on the Wonder

The hangers don’t slide smoothly on the closet rods.  The make a “nails on chalkboard” sound when hanging them

I’m thinking this was a solution to hangers making noises in the closets when the ship was rocking in the middle of the night.

I will second the sticky door situation....a solid push until you hear the clock is the answer.

In our cabin, the built-in nightlight/glow bar thing in the bathroom doesn't work.  If you are sailing soon, pick up a cheap battery operated votive candle so you don't have to turn the bathroom light on in the middle of the night.

8 minutes ago, ptod said:

Bonus for being on a new ship.....so far all the faucets and soap dispensers in the bathrooms work. 🤣🤣🤣

Not in mine...the conditioner dispenser wasn't working. Room attendant fixed it.

14 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Not in mine...the conditioner dispenser wasn't working. Room attendant fixed it.

I am booked in the cheap seats on this trip - I have to pick up my own bottle of conditioner.  🤣🤣🤣 Glad issue issue you had got fixed. It is all part of being on a shake down cruise.

I should have noted I was referring to the soap/faucets in the public restrooms.

If you look around, there are crew with tool bags fixing various things.  One of the doors out to the bridge wings was being worked on before we even set sail.

36 minutes ago, ptod said:

I am booked in the cheap seats on this trip - I have to pick up my own bottle of conditioner.  🤣🤣🤣 Glad issue issue you had got fixed. It is all part of being on a shake down cruise.

I should have noted I was referring to the soap/faucets in the public restrooms.

If you look around, there are crew with tool bags fixing various things.  One of the doors out to the bridge wings was being worked on before we even set sail.

Oh! Yes, I saw maintenance fixing the water to the fire hose. Wonder (pun intended) if the repairs are covered under warranty?

15 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Oh! Yes, I saw maintenance fixing the water to the fire hose. Wonder (pun intended) if the repairs are covered under warranty?

Maybe not under warranty but if Royal presents their loyalty card at time of service maybe they can earn enough points for new wind shield wipers or a free oil change.

14 hours ago, ptod said:

You know cruising is getting back to "the before times" when the staff collects the pencils after trivia. 🙃

On all my cruises post-COVID, they've collected the pencils, but they made sure to mention that we should put them in the "FOR SANITATION" container.

Was one of the few people who did not go off the ship for Labadee, they were practicing their next welcoming parade on Deck 5 and the sprinkler system went off.  

My wife and I were just completing a trivia contest in the karaoke when it happened. We were told exit to left and staff was great. 

On 2/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

Must have been a very aggressive bid!

12 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

On all my cruises post-COVID, they've collected the pencils, but they made sure to mention that we should put them in the "FOR SANITATION" container.

We were always allowed to keep them.  It finally dawned dawned on me to just put a pencil in my pocket in the morning and stop collecting them.

Ahhhh! The door to the Diamond Lounge: it's the secret handshake of the Diamond Club.

Each one is a little different. A special sequence of pushing or pulling. Some kind words. A lot of patience. Each one has it's own special way it likes to be touched. And, maybe exiting is something different???

...and then there are the new Diamond double points cruisers <snort>. Struggling, confused between Push and Pull, concierge intervention; there are a lot of them that I don't think will ever get it to be honest. How have they managed to live so long? I dunno....

36 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Observation:  Creaking sounds from the ceiling in stateroom

Oh yes! There's a lot of that and at times it'll wake you from a dead sleep. Bring ear plugs people. 

1 hour ago, bobroo said:

Ahhhh! The door to the Diamond Lounge: it's the secret handshake of the Diamond Club.

Each one is a little different. A special sequence of pushing or pulling. Some kind words. A lot of patience. Each one has it's own special way it likes to be touched. And, maybe exiting is something different???

...and then there are the new Diamond double points cruisers <snort>. Struggling, confused between Push and Pull, concierge intervention; there are a lot of them that I don't think will ever get it to be honest. How have they managed to live so long? I dunno....

I thought at first a slight tap would work, but it didn't.  Initially I thought it was about the occupancy limit, but after being "denied" entry twice on separate occasions, I went to the Loyalty Desk to ask about it.  The ambassador made me a new SeaPass card but it still didn't work.  That's when I discovered the "secret handshake."  

4 hours ago, bobroo said:

Oh we will eventually get it, if only the single point cruisers who were there way ahead of us will be patient with us, double points cruisers, and maybe even show us how.

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Oh we will eventually get it, if only the single point cruisers who were there way ahead of us will be patient with us, double points cruisers, and maybe even show us how.

I'll throw out a couple quick tips::

1) Move cappucino/cocktail to non dominate hand.

2) Is there another human being on the other side of said door? Always bad form to open a door into someone.

3) Exiting? You'll need to push a magic button first! 

4) Slow down!!! You've got more time than you realize.

5) Most DL doors are ornate. Some look like the entry to a janitors closet. But they are all big, wide, and heavy! Be careful.