Royal Up - Suites

AAD

Does anyone know, can you order embarkation day snacks/lunch from your genie IF you are staying in the UPS on the Oasis? 

I often wonder if this suite is worth bidding on as there is no balcony and no dining table except for that little work station area. 

Thanks so much for any info! 

9 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Does anyone know, can you order embarkation day snacks/lunch from your genie IF you are staying in the UPS on the Oasis? 

I often wonder if this suite is worth bidding on as there is no balcony and no dining table except for that little work station area. 

Thanks so much for any info! 

Sure.  Star Class is Star Class.  You would have all of the SC amenities and the Genie would provide all of his/her normal services.  I imagine you would be overwhelmed with snacks in the UPS just like you are with any of the other SC suites !

I have never been inside one of the UPS so I do not have any personal experience....but from what I have seen, I would not really object to the suite itself, but more so to its location.  I would consider this suite....but it would have to be a REALLY good deal.

56 minutes ago, Neesa said:

You can, don't know where you would put it all though.  Also, keep in mind that not all ships will deliver specialty lunch on embarkation day, not even for Star.  It's up to the F&B team, not the Genie.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, CruisingOz said:

We just received our Royal Up email for our upcoming Odyssey 12th Feb cruise and when I checked a mock booking, all the suites are sold out, so why bother sending an email, there is no point. 

With the world going crazy again about the virus people are going to cancel.  I got a RoyalUp this past October from balcony to a grande suite.  Everyday I did a mock booking and was amazed the closer we got to sailing the more that was offered.  So, yes, there is none now but keep checking!  

Keep up hope.  Even if all suites or upgraded rooms are booked for your sailing you can still get an upgrade!  We got up graded to Grande Suite from Balcony, and we met another couple on that cruise, that also got the same upgrade at the same bid price.  But, when we check online there was only one room that showed available for upgrade.  

Keep in mind RC does not typically show all the rooms that our available online. 

Now bidding for Star Class for 01/16/22 cruising.  And love reading these treads..

On 12/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, AAD said:

Hi All -  

For those experienced with this bidding/auction for the suite category, I wanted to get your input on this scenario... 

We are on Symphony for 12/31.   I'm booked for a WS GTY.  I'm just assuming that it's going to be a JS - there are TONS in the inventory.   I've bid on GS1 (19 inventory) at $1000pp;  GS2 (0) at $1600 Max pp;  OS (9) at $1750 pp;  CLS (15 - Lots) at $1500 pp;  AS1 (1) $1700 pp;  and AS2 (1) $2500 pp.   Overall, the ship is not at all booked for the staterooms either; there are many in each category.  

I really want the GS2 for a separate bedroom for our daughter but not likely given the inventory... Next choice is AS2 - not likely with the low bid and inventory.   So, I'm shooting for OS and hope not to just get GS1.  Any tips on whether I should up or lower these bids to accomplish this?  I'm at 20-40% on the bidometer for most. 

This is fun... but nervewracking.... lol   Thanks!    

In October on Symphony, we won a bid on an upgrade from a GS1 to a CL for only $235pp ….. $470 Total …….. I never expected to win for that cheap ….. it was the absolute minimum I could even bid on that category …… so you just never know what will or won’t get you the Royal Up.

9 hours ago, Shay said:

If you win a Star Class suite through Royal Up do you get all the benefits associated with it?

This just happened to @Baked Alaska!  You most definitely do, but as @AlmondFarmeralready mentioned, depending on how late the bid gets accepted, the Genie might not have a chance to reach out.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This just happened to @Baked Alaska!  You most definitely do, but as @AlmondFarmeralready mentioned, depending on how late the bid gets accepted, the Genie might not have a chance to reach out.

Love our Genie, Shane! He has been AMAZING!!! He did send us an email about 48 hours before embarkation in Miami. We didn't receive the email with the qurky question, but no matter. He hasn't missed a beat. He may be moving to the Wonder in time for our RCG group cruise! Star suites are already sold out, so bummer, but we are still in #Suite17XX #TeamCK!

6 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Love our Genie, Shane! He has been AMAZING!!! He did send us an email about 48 hours before embarkation in Miami. We didn't receive the email with the qurky question, but no matter. He hasn't missed a beat. He may be moving to the Wonder in time for our RCG group cruise! Star suites are already sold out, so bummer, but we are still in #Suite17XX #TeamCK!

I can see why the star class on Wonder is sold out, there is only like 8 star cabins in the whole ship.

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

We only made 1 bid -- only interested in the 2BR Grand suite for our 1/9 cruise -- still says pending, so maybe a good thing ....???

Kind of hard to tell if you only put in one bid on one room upgrade.  Won't be able to tell until days before the cruise when they accept or deny the bid.  But, best of luck!👍

I just checked my notes, including this last sailing (I missed one earlier) I am 0-12 Royal Up bids. I started minimum so I understood but last sailing I bid the maximum and still goose egg. 

I love the bidding process though so I will keep on keeping on! I am living vicariously though @Baked Alaska

@Sharladid an amazing Lift & Shift for me to a CLS in July 2022 I'm curious can the Royal Up games be attributed to these types of sailings? I may go for the record here, Cabash has powers you know!

We were 0 - 8 before we finally paid for a RoyalUp. (I won't say won because the price pushed that out of winning anything) It was probably due to the fact that the number of passengers were low and we will probably never see it again as I will not pay the new prices they are displaying now.

5 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

We were 0 - 8 before we finally paid for a RoyalUp. (I won't say won because the price pushed that out of winning anything) It was probably due to the fact that the number of passengers were low and we will probably never see it again as I will not pay the new prices they are displaying now.

I agree with your perspective. I bid near minimum for the Star Class suites available to bid on. However, I still agree that we didn't "win", we were awarded the opportunity to pay more. It's all in the verbiage. The way they figure the succession of dollars down the staterooms line was what dictated our "winning."

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Quick question! I can't remember!

Is the RoyalUp program limited to reservations made directly with Royal or can you still qualify/bid even if your reservation is with a TA? Thanks!

Most Travel Agencies participate in RU but some of the big online agencies do not…CostCo, for example.