Jump to content

Jr. Suite boarding question


Dimension
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wanted to double check with the group to see if Jr. Suites are allowed to use the suite line at the cruise terminal? I think I read in an old post a long time ago that they do not get to use the suite line at the terminal. Can someone please confirm if I am remembering this correctly? This is my first time in a Jr. Suite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations !!  You will be ruined for life !

In the past, JS DID qualify for suite expedited boarding and I am assuming it is still the same.

IT is from my understanding that the JS will not ruin a person like the higher up suites do. At least this is what I am hoping for..lol

Thanks for letting me know that I do qualify for the expedited suite line at the terminal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dimension said:

IT is from my understanding that the JS will not ruin a person like the higher up suites do. At least this is what I am hoping for..lol

Thanks for letting me know that I do qualify for the expedited suite line at the terminal.

HAHA.  JS a gateway drug.  Be afraid.  Be VERY afraid

😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We book Jr Suites as our first choice.  On Quantum class ships JS's have both a half bath and full bath with tub/shower.  If you get a Quantum J4 JS you get a half bath and full bath with a tub and separate shower with a rain head.  We booked a Grand Suite around 10 years ago when RCCL used to do the Mexican Rivera cruises and while it was nice it was over the top for our needs.  I guess if we had a larger income they might be a regular thing for us. 

As an aside, I see RCCL has returned to the west coast and Rivera cruises with some other itineraries as well.  

We got preferential boarding when booked in a JS on Symphony out of Terminal One in Miami.  On Explorer at Fort Lauderdale Port, booked in a JS, we were turned away from Suite boarding and directed to Diamond boarding based on our C&A ranking.  So,  it depends.  My advice is try for Suite boarding and see where it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, steverk said:

I just sailed in a JS on Explorer.  We used the suite line.  Pardon the pun, but it was very sweet!

thanks for the reply this is exactly what I was hoping someone would respond with. Did you have to stick with your boarding time or were you able to sneak on earlier? I have a 12PM boarding time currently but I am hopeful that if we show up around 11:30 we can be on board by 12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Priority boarding procedures are not the same at every port. At Port Liberty in Bayonne…the only suite priority since the re-start has been Star Class suites. Everyone else (except Key) got on a single line. Sometimes there were workers giving instructions, but mostly it was a bit chaotic and confusing. Other times, there was no line and we just walked right in to the terminal. 
For this trip I purchased the Key and was looking forward to finding the Key signage and immediately entering the terminal by 11:30am. This is part of the Key program to take advantage of the carry-on drop off perk and the Chops lunch which is served between noon and 1:30pm. When I arrived, there was no line so I just walked in and was aboard in less than 20 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe not a suite related comment…but regarding boarding issues…..

There are always things that can delay boarding which may cause a back-up at the terminal.
In October, I was on a back to back on the Oasis where we had to stand in a line in the customs/luggage hall for over an hour because US Public Health did a surprise inspection. They want the ship empty of passengers when they inspect. That caused a backlog in the terminal.  
Pre-pandemic, we’ve had boardings delayed because of surprise Coast Guard inspections. We watched as all the crew, wearing life jackets, had to man their evacuation stations. That took a few hours.
I’ve also experienced a delayed boarding because a couple partied too hardy on the last night and wouldn’t wake up to answer their phone or their door. Eventually security had to go in and wake them…and then wait while they packed…before they could get a zero count. Thanks a lot. 
And of course there are the usual late arrival issues when the ship is delayed due to weather, current or emergency situations. 
Bottom line…I always pack a hefty dose of patience for boarding day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dimension said:

thanks for the reply this is exactly what I was hoping someone would respond with. Did you have to stick with your boarding time or were you able to sneak on earlier? I have a 12PM boarding time currently but I am hopeful that if we show up around 11:30 we can be on board by 12.

In San Juan they weren't enforcing boarding times at all.  I've had recent cruises out of Port Everglades, Nassau and Galveston and they were enforcing times.  At those ports, I believe they would let suite guests board 1 hour before their assigned times and regular guests board 30 minutes before their times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BrianB said:

Priority boarding procedures are not the same at every port. At Port Liberty in Bayonne…the only suite priority since the re-start has been Star Class suites. Everyone else (except Key) got on a single line. Sometimes there were workers giving instructions, but mostly it was a bit chaotic and confusing. Other times, there was no line and we just walked right in to the terminal. 
For this trip I purchased the Key and was looking forward to finding the Key signage and immediately entering the terminal by 11:30am. This is part of the Key program to take advantage of the carry-on drop off perk and the Chops lunch which is served between noon and 1:30pm. When I arrived, there was no line so I just walked in and was aboard in less than 20 minutes.

The first of November I sailed out of Port Miami and did see a line specifically for Star class and also a specific line for suites. My up coming sailing in 2 weeks is out of Tampa so I am hoping that they have a separate line for suites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steverk said:

In San Juan they weren't enforcing boarding times at all.  I've had recent cruises out of Port Everglades, Nassau and Galveston and they were enforcing times.  At those ports, I believe they would let suite guests board 1 hour before their assigned times and regular guests board 30 minutes before their times.

Hopefully that is the way it is working out of Tampa for that is where I am sailing out of on the Dec. 14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NO...NO...NO....JS is not the gateway to being a suite snob. It has to be the higher class suites that leads one to being a suite snob for if it is not then I am in trouble. I hate it when the mouse gets possessed and just starts clicking on things. I'll really be in trouble if the wife turns into a suite snob for that means less man toys for me through out the year.☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, stevendom57 said:

I had a JS on Adventure OTS out of Galveston in November. I don't know if there was a special suite line there, the check-in was so fast it would have made no difference. Less than 30 minutes from dropping my car off at the remote parking lot to walking down the Royal Promenade.

Where did you park?  I'm going to be sailing on the same ship in February and want to go ahead get my parking now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, D D said:

Where did you park?  I'm going to be sailing on the same ship in February and want to go ahead get my parking now.

We've been to Galveston twice this fall and have parked in Port of Galveston parking. Their shuttle service is superior. Very quick, especially when it was 3:00 and I had already been to my room, had a drink and lunch, and thought I had left my money in the car and we had to go back and get it. Back on the ship in 30 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, D D said:

Where did you park?  I'm going to be sailing on the same ship in February and want to go ahead get my parking now.

We parked at Galveston Wharves parking garage last week.  Very close and convenient.  We did a "luggage drop off drive by", went to the garage, and then had a super short walk across the street to check in. The also have a "sky walk" from an upper level of the garage that lets you walk over harborside drive if you prefer. Fair price, large spaces, secure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, Dimension said:

The first of November I sailed out of Port Miami and did see a line specifically for Star class and also a specific line for suites. My up coming sailing in 2 weeks is out of Tampa so I am hoping that they have a separate line for suites.

So the lines for Star Class and suites is easily recognized at Port Miami?? We board in January in Miami for out first Star Class. I paid my full fares today and couldn't be more excited!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

So the lines for Star Class and suites is easily recognized at Port Miami?? We board in January in Miami for out first Star Class. I paid my full fares today and couldn't be more excited!!

Yes, we came down from the parking garage and looking at the terminal all the way to the right, there was a tall well labeled flag type sign with a staff member guarding the area. We showed our boarding passes and were allowed in the que, we were in the suites waiting area in minutes. There is where we saw the Star class genies (we were sky class) so maybe the genie will meet you, but yes easily recognizable. Enjoy your sailing, maybe there is a picture online, I forgot to take one I was beyond excited to get on the ship!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As you can tell, there are many options for parking in Galveston.  All of them will cost about $100 for a week long cruise.  There are a few hotels that offer stay and park options.  If you are interested, I'll try to go down and see if I can locate a few for you.  Keep in mind these aren't the beach front hotels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Yes, we came down from the parking garage and looking at the terminal all the way to the right, there was a tall well labeled flag type sign with a staff member guarding the area. We showed our boarding passes and were allowed in the que, we were in the suites waiting area in minutes. There is where we saw the Star class genies (we were sky class) so maybe the genie will meet you, but yes easily recognizable. Enjoy your sailing, maybe there is a picture online, I forgot to take one I was beyond excited to get on the ship!

I am sure our excitement will be as yours, Just wanting to do nothing but get on board!! So happy to be back asking questions on the board and having this to look forward to. Thanks for the response. It is a big help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am truly in trouble now. After talking smack that in order for one to become a suite snob they need to book something higher that the JS. Well my idiot self decided to do play the Royal up game and put in the lowest bid option for the 1 bedroom Owner's Suite on Serenade for my cruise next week. I'll be danged if I did not get it SOB! This is my first time bidding on any room and it had to be an upgrade to a suite. Now I just have to hope that the wife does not become a suite snob. I could have sworn that someone would have outbid me. The upgrade was only $400 for the both of us.

Merde Napoleon Bill Nd Ted GIFs | Tenor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, D D said:

Where did you park?  I'm going to be sailing on the same ship in February and want to go ahead get my parking now.

We just did the Dec 1st on Adventure and parked in the Express lot port of Galveston.   It's probably less than a 100 yards and we just carried on our one big piece of luggage with a couple of carry on.  It just took a couple of minutes top.  We were on the ship in probably 20 minutes, if not less.  Just have your paperwork ready. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...