Jump to content

President's Cruise 2022


Recommended Posts

  • twangster changed the title to President's Cruise 2022
3 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

For those of us with limited vacation time, it'd be nice if they'd announce these just a *little* farther in advance.

Alaska wouldn't have really been feasible for me next year anyways after just going this year, but still.

Yeah I'm not sure they were comfortable enough to talk President cruises until now.  A month ago with delta up everyone would have called them crazy and blown up social media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There may be some revenue process in play.  Wonder is selling well.  Oasis class sells well from Florida.  Odyssey is going gangbusters.  Why do it on one of those?

Four ships in Alaska is new. Doing Alaska will sell out a premium region at premium rates (presumably).  It may also introduce Alaska to some folks who haven't been yet which could turn into repeat future business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, D Alt said:

So what happens on these cruises? 

Does that mean that if you booked an Alaska cruise for 2022, you could be bumped off if they decide to use that one for the President's cruise? 

It's a loyalty centric cruise that will have a higher number of top elite on board, more so than normal.  On these cruises there are events put on for various levels of the C&A program.  Michael Bayley, the President of Royal Caribbean International will be on board.  

Someone who books this cruise now or already has it booked will find their cruise fare is a bargain compared to what people will pay once it's announced and large numbers of people flock to book it.  They never boot off existing bookings but you may find you are on board with many frequent cruisers and a higher number of top elite than normal.  It will be a sold out cruise, they are very popular so chances are price drops won't happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twangster said:

 

Someone who books this cruise now or already has it booked will find their cruise fare is a bargain compared to what people will pay once it's announced and large numbers of people flock to book it.  They never boot off existing bookings but you may find you are on board with many frequent cruisers and a higher number of top elite than normal.  It will be a sold out cruise, they are very popular so chances are price drops won't happen. 

Perhaps just purchase every cruise for June/July, is CWC still going on? LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

What is DP340?

Once you reach 340 points in the C&A program, solo cruisers are eligible for reduced single supplement.  The discount code used when booking if you have 340 or more points is DP340 (DiamondPlus 340) when booking solo.  Instead of the 200% single supplement you get 150% single supplement.  It doesn't work for holiday cruises or in July or August.  

For solo cruisers it can be a big money saver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Once you reach 340 points in the C&A program, solo cruisers are eligible for reduced single supplement.  The discount code used when booking if you have 340 or more points is DP340 (DiamondPlus 340) when booking solo.  Instead of the 200% single supplement you get 150% single supplement.  It doesn't work for holiday cruises or in July or August.  

For solo cruisers it can be a big money saver.

I'm hoping to hit that later this year.....does the DP340 save you on the JS category too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I'm hoping to hit that later this year.....does the DP340 save you on the JS category too?

Yep.  Unlike the C&A balcony discount, DP340 even works on interior and it is combinable with C&A balcony discounts but adjusted for one person.

The only cabins that DP340 doesn't work on is a studio cabin because those are already price adjusted for one person.  

NextCruise OBC also becomes adjusted (reduced) when DP340 is applied.

Honestly once you reach 340 it makes it really hard to sail other lines that charge 200% single supplements because Royal is usually cheaper.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...