The Old Man and the Sea - Allured back to Star Class

Rags1

Quick update. 12 days to go. 
i’m following a report of someone sailing this week and posting on another site. Mama Mia is scheduled for Friday and Saturday this week. Other shows and activities seem normal according to him. Seems the Cruise Director left kind of unexpectedly last Sunday and a new one is in place. We’ll just keep our fingers crossed and continue to countdown!

Here’s the greatest thing so far:  someone asked on a FB group if anyone was going to be on the Allure in the next few weeks. I responded that I would be aboard on the 17th.  He then asked if I’d be willing to purchase some tuna pouches and Ben’s rice and take it to Romeo at the Champagne bar. Seems Romeo had taken great care of this couple and had also indicated that he missed his tuna and Ben’s rice!😂. So of course I will now be shopping for those items before we leave. I explained to the gentleman that as I get older the “firsts” in my life come less often. But this was a first!  A total stranger asked me to buy some tuna, cart it about 3000 miles and then give it to another guy I don’t know and haven’t met. I’m all in!  The tuna caper. It shall be blogged!

9 days out and starting to gather “stuff” for the trip. Two updates for today:

1.  I noticed yesterday that a new (at least new for me) section was on the Royal app for check in. So this morning I loaded all the vaccination data for Stacy, Taylor Kaitlyn and the old man.  Including photos of the cards. That’s when I noticed that there was no Lot# on my card for the first dose!  Uh oh. I will return to my pharmacy in the morning to have them fix that. They told me on the phone not to worry. We shall see!  

2.  Our kids are self-sufficient, confident and as grown up as it gets.  They rarely ask for anything specific. But when they do ask, I try to make it happen. The birthday girl, Taylor, sent me a photo and asked that we recreate it this year.  This photo was taken on the Disney Magic 17 or 18 years ago.  Our amazing Romina has confirmed that Royal no longer rents tuxedos on their ships. So I’m shopping local for a tux. Taylor is shopping for a pink dress. One way or another we’ll recreate the moment. This is what it’s all about!

DD6FE3D1-0B69-4CD5-B9CF-41BD1C4384BE.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

9 days out and starting to gather “stuff” for the trip. Two updates for today:

1.  I noticed yesterday that a new (at least new for me) section was on the Royal app for check in. So this morning I loaded all the vaccination data for Stacy, Taylor Kaitlyn and the old man.  Including photos of the cards. That’s when I noticed that there was no Lot# on my card for the first dose!  Uh oh. I will return to my pharmacy in the morning to have them fix that. They told me on the phone not to worry. We shall see!  

2.  Our kids are self-sufficient, confident and as grown up as it gets.  They rarely ask for anything specific. But when they do ask, I try to make it happen. The birthday girl, Taylor, sent me a photo and asked that we recreate it this year.  This photo was taken on the Disney Magic 17 or 18 years ago.  Our amazing Romina has confirmed that Royal no longer rents tuxedos on their ships. So I’m shopping local for a tux. Taylor is shopping for a pink dress. One way or another we’ll recreate the moment. This is what it’s all about!

Not sure that’s true? Maybe for this ship but Jarell and I rented tuxes for our upcoming Oasis cruise! You can check and rent here. We got our confirmations already too

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

5 minutes ago, Booscruize said:

Not sure that’s true? Maybe for this ship but Jarell and I rented tuxes for our upcoming Oasis cruise! You can check and rent here. We got our confirmations already too

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

You know, I saw that link too but didn’t follow up. I just emailed Romina and she said  they aren’t doing it since the restart. Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it’s ship or port specific. Who knows?  I’ll get to the bottom of this!😎

10 hours ago, Rags1 said:

As a parent with two girls in that phase between little and not yet grown, and thinking lately that they are growing way too fast, I just completely love this idea. That picture is so sweet…❤️

1,2,3,4.  That many days to go!

I took my vaccine card back to the pharmacy the other day knowing full well it would be a horrible time with no acceptable results. (I’m always optimistic like that). As I stood in line the pharmacist waved at me. We’re not friends or anything, he just dispenses medications and I’m old and require meds, so we know what each other looks like.  When he waved I held out my trusty, incomplete vaccine card. He waved me over, listened to the issue and promptly fixed it!  I told him he should be a Genie!

The tux issue has turned into a non-problem. Taylor isn’t 5 anymore. She’s 22 and looks like a model. She informed me that she has a pink dress but it’s more form fitting, and a bit tighter, than the one in the photo. Perfect, I have a black suit and a black bow tie. Adapt and overcome.  There will be a new photo.

Romina and I have continued to banter back and forth via email. Last night she requested my cell number so she could call this week. That’s new. I’m looking forward to talking with her.

We are all now watching the airline cancellations happening in many places. Just something new to throw in the mix!😂. But I’m confident all will be well. I mean if Amazon can REALLY put Captain Kirk into space, American Airlines should be able to get my old butt to Orlando. Three days to flight  

In 5 1/2 hours we’ll rise and shine and head to the airport. This party is about to finally get started! We spoke on the phone with the Amazing Romina yesterday morning and again this morning. Can’t wait to meet her.

Everyone did the Binax proctored at home tests. Taylor was first at around 530 this morning and the rest of us followed throughout the day. 10 negative tests later, the group is good to go. The four of us who took the tests at our house all had the same experience. Log on and we were taking the test within two minutes. Fifteen minutes later we had results. In my opinion, it’s a convenient, easy way to do it. 

I’ll begin to post daily now. If you have questions I’ll do my best to find answers. I’m looking forward to taking you all with us as we begin what I know will be an amazing week!  I can already taste the mushroom soup!

D09D86B9-36A1-4FDF-8253-B22756C03271.jpeg

Finally, tomorrow we cruise. Up at 0300 this morning to begin our travel day. Good old American Airlines performed flawlessly. Palm Springs to Dallas to Orlando. Equal number of take offs and landings. Luggage arrived with us. Picked up by the shuttle van from the Hampton Inn and Suites and took a less than 10 minute ride to the hotel. It’s fine for a night. It has a bar😁.  Walked across the street to Bonefish Grill for dinner. The food was ok. In early tonight after such a long day. The plan is the have the included hot breakfast at the hotel in the morning. Go Port Canaveral is scheduled to pick us, and others, up at 930 for an approx 11am arrival at the port. More in the morning. 

8965B357-6061-4426-8D68-A6E729EAD07D.jpeg

DBF93B5E-278F-4D1E-BBFB-3E4D727A4DED.jpeg

38BE6851-0549-4548-9D16-80175B21BCF8.jpeg

1A65ABC9-4AA7-436A-8453-F01AF2237088.jpeg

BE0F82D0-A278-4AC2-9471-3EB7580E6884.jpeg

B357F19D-2882-4F78-89AF-EBC37CC95BF8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Its always cruise day for you😂. Looking forward to meeting you. What time are you boarding?

Set my arrival appoint to 4pm so fly in guests could score the early times.

Only downside to a late arrival appointment is possibly not getting into CK tonight.  #FiletNight 

Oh well, MDR has Prime Rib so either way tonight... I meat.  

Lunch has arrived!  One could get used to this. Lobster and filet on a floating cabana in the Caribbean. Two ships here and doesn’t seem crowded with the low passenger loads. I walked the island taking pictures. It’s such a beautiful place. Plenty of room on the cabana for 10 1/2 of us. Actually 11 1/2 - Jack Daniels showed up a bit ago. 

7EBC87AB-DEB5-466E-A45E-D33678BD390D.jpeg

C26F8272-4216-435A-9F8A-BEBE27689FDA.jpeg