Jump to content

Allure & Symphony get test cruise approval


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dandi799 said:

Do we know yet how long it needs to be between a test cruise and a paying cruise? Has actual information about that been shared yet? 

Whenever the CDC gets around to reviewing them.

 

While the CSO noted that they wanted 60 days (later revised to 5) to approve test cruise applications, there is no mention on turnaround time for CSCs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dandi799 said:

Do we know yet how long it needs to be between a test cruise and a paying cruise? Has actual information about that been shared yet? 

This is the big question. Everything seems to be moving in the right direction, but at what speed? I know not fast enough for any of us.

What do you think the chances are that a least one of our RC Blog members will be invited to test cruise? It would be very interesting and insightful for the rest of us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it happens for one of us!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, redraider629 said:

With the test cruise pushed out that far, and no telling how long it will take to get approval after test cruise, I am losing more and more hope that we will get to go on our Liberty sailing in September.  

I'm unfortunately starting to lose my positive outlook that I had regained over the last 3 to 4 weeks, and am starting to really feel the squeeze on our Navigator sailing out of Miami in September. With her moving to LA even earlier, it's a double whammy for us. Florida works much better for us being from Maine, and we have a friend who works on Navigator, so this one would sting!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is giving me higher hopes that my Oct Allure will sail. I wanted to cruise early but I had a feeling that cruising might not be back until Sept in the US. I am sad for all those who have to go through cancellations again but glad I saved myself the heartache by booking later in 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Floski said:

Oh, don't tell me that.

I have to hope that once they get back in, the cdc will sign off and we'll be underway!!!

I think they are going to have to tell people something way sooner than that.  From a purely customer support position, it would be bad to wait until 2 days before the August 1st cruise to let people know the status of their sailing.  If customers need to make other plans or change up things, they would need more time than that.  I know many people may have "backup plans", but even with those they may not have committed much money to them too far in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jill said:

Sorry @UNCFanatik See if you can move it to October/November. 
 

I’m hopeful my late October symphony will now sail. Hopefully the CDC won’t drag its feet approving revenue cruises. I guess Freedom will be our first clue how fast they approve. 

Thank you!

November 21 sailing on Oasis was always backup plan. 

I would think your October sailing would be good. Hopefully when cruising restarts across multiple ships, October will be good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...