Jump to content

Royal Up Bid


SLJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

My figuring on this is it really depends on how bad you really want to be upgraded, on a recent cruise I was in a Grand suite, Royal up to a Loft Suite with Star class, went on line and found the price for the loft suite, subtracted what I already paid and then offered about 60% of the difference, then about 2 weeks later raised it to about 70%, my point being that if I was going to win the bid and get the room I was going to do it at a discounted rate off the full room price. Otherwise I should have just upgraded to the room at full price because it was still showing available on the web page. But I really wanted to go from Sky class to Star class.

In your case, add up what you are going to or would pay for Deluxe dinning and drink packages, voom, prepaid gratuities etc., on the Crown loft and then add all of the stuff that is included with the Star Loft and Star Class and then make a bid.

Let me say like a lot of other on here, once you've done Star Class it is hard to go back to a regular room.

I'm not dead set on any upgrade as I think the Crown loft seems fine from YouTube videos. If I do it it's because of the balcony size and going from Sky to Star class. We don't cruise much so when we do it's the best we can afford. Thank you for the information I'll try that and see if that's a reasonable offer to make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Got an email the other day saying that I can bid. Question is how much would one pay to go from Crown loft to Star loft? $500,$1000? The price difference if booked is about $5400. Also it's a Caribbean cruise so is it even worth doing? When in port we are only doing one excursion per port so lots of time on the ship. My wife doesn't want to be "one of those people running for the ship" 

The Genie experience is amazing and remember that if you get Star Class you don't have to pay for dining packages, drink packages, Chef's Table, or gratuities..so those are some things you can put a monetary value on.  That's about a $1000 value per person in itself if you were thinking about indulging in any of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 12thman said:

I'm not dead set on any upgrade as I think the Crown loft seems fine from YouTube videos. If I do it it's because of the balcony size and going from Sky to Star class. We don't cruise much so when we do it's the best we can afford. Thank you for the information I'll try that and see if that's a reasonable offer to make.

There are 2 Star loft on Allure, 1718 and 1720, one looks out over the mini golf (Back of ship) and the other out over the side, I was just in 1718 (Looks over the side) in January, great room.

Loft verses crown is the loft is a lot wider and has a full bath upstairs and down, 1718 has a very large balcony which is awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OwassoDeb said:

We just received a Royal Up offer from our JS to bid on GS, OS and the Royal Suite on Majesty.  Since this is a small ship without many of the "Suite" amenities, would it be worth putting in a bid?  What would be the benefit other than we would have more space?  My concern is we would end up over the smoking area.  I can't justify the upgrade cost for the OS or RS but would consider the GS.  This is the first time we have received an offer so all insight is appreciated.

Does Majesty have an exclusive breakfast for Suites ?  I have no idea.  Never been on Majesty.

If so, that's a nice perk for a full suite.  I think I would bid to upgrade if I could get an exclusive breakfast location and the ability to get complimentary room service from the MDR menu.  I would assume that they also offer a reserved seating area in the theater if the shows are important to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

There are 2 Star loft on Allure, 1718 and 1720, one looks out over the mini golf (Back of ship) and the other out over the side, I was just in 1718 (Looks over the side) in January, great room.

Loft verses crown is the loft is a lot wider and has a full bath upstairs and down, 1718 has a very large balcony which is awesome.

The one available to book is 1718. The YouTube videos only show symphony and oasis and the downstairs has a dual head shower not a full bath. The allure has 2 full baths? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

My figuring on this is it really depends on how bad you really want to be upgraded, on a recent cruise I was in a Grand suite, Royal up to a Loft Suite with Star class, went on line and found the price for the loft suite, subtracted what I already paid and then offered about 60% of the difference, then about 2 weeks later raised it to about 70%, my point being that if I was going to win the bid and get the room I was going to do it at a discounted rate off the full room price. Otherwise I should have just upgraded to the room at full price because it was still showing available on the web page. But I really wanted to go from Sky class to Star class.

In your case, add up what you are going to or would pay for Deluxe dinning and drink packages, voom, prepaid gratuities etc., on the Crown loft and then add all of the stuff that is included with the Star Loft and Star Class and then make a bid.

Let me say like a lot of other on here, once you've done Star Class it is hard to go back to a regular room.

This is a sound approach.  I couldn't agree more with the idea that if you cannot get it at a discount you would have been better off just paying for the upgrade yourself, originally.

I also agree that it is hard to pass up Star Class once you have done it. There is a WORLD of difference between a Crown Loft and a Star Loft.  Not just the size of the suite but what all comes with it.  The Star Class accommodations on Symphony are VERY pricey.  If you can manage to get an upgrade for a discount, I would say, go for it.  Nothing lost if it doesn't materialize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 12thman said:

The one available to book is 1718. The YouTube videos only show symphony and oasis and the downstairs has a dual head shower not a full bath. The allure has 2 full baths? 

I think that 1718 is the one that looks out over the back of the ship.  While the view might not be everyone's first choice, the balcony on that suite is WAAAY bigger than the one that looks out over the side.  We had the side-view one on Allure (same room as John and Jaye) but on our December 2020 cruise we chose the one that looks over the back on Oasis just to experience the difference.  Another nice thing about the one that looks out over the ocean (on the side) is that the bedroom and the balcony are in line....meaning that you can lie in bed and look out over the ocean.  In the one that looks out over the back of the ship, the bedroom and the balcony are at 90 degrees to each other.  It's not a huge deal...just a difference.

For the life of me I cannot remember what the downstairs bathroom was like on the SL on Allure !!  We never used it except to use the toilet when we were downstairs.  I believe it is just a shower though....but I think it was a nice walk-in shower.  To be completely honest, the bathrooms in the Star Class rooms (that I have been in, that is) are the single area that does NOT WOW.  The bathrooms are nice but they are nothing special.  We have the Grand Panoramic Suite on Oasis in December.  I have never been in one so I have no idea what the bathroom(s) is like on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OwassoDeb said:

We just received a Royal Up offer from our JS to bid on GS, OS and the Royal Suite on Majesty.  Since this is a small ship without many of the "Suite" amenities, would it be worth putting in a bid?  What would be the benefit other than we would have more space?  My concern is we would end up over the smoking area.  I can't justify the upgrade cost for the OS or RS but would consider the GS.  This is the first time we have received an offer so all insight is appreciated.

I just sailed the Majesty a couple of weeks ago in a JS. It was a lovely cabin and if you’re already booked in one, I’m not sure the additional cost for the GS would be worth it. I’m not sure if there’s a designated suite area for breakfast, unless they set aside part of the MDR and there was *never* an issue finding seating for a show. Regarding the smoking area, I *believe* all suites are on deck 10 and the smoking area is deck 11. Our JS was actually underneath that part of the pool deck (starboard side) and I never noticed any issues, and I’m pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke. 

Only benefit I can possibly think of with an upgrade is if it impacts your Cuba refund, if applicable. We upgraded from an OV to a JS with a *very* aggressive bid... in fact, we figured we probably overpaid (still less than booking JS directly), but we were grateful for the extra space and balcony so we were okay with it. Then we got our statement for the 50% credit and it was considerably higher than I was anticipating. Only thing we could think of that made that happen was it was based on cabin category versus what we paid for our original fare (?) But that’s only a theory. Between that and the fact that I had just successfully purchased the $18 drink package on my 2020 sailing, RCCL has gained a customer for life ?

Enjoy the Majesty...we had a wonderful time. All the staff we encountered were excellent and the piano player in Schooners was a real treat. Small ship but we never felt crowded. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ladydiinflorida said:

How do I find out if my bid was submitted successfully? I never receive an email confirming submission. I don't want to send in twice.

You just log into the Royal Up page and enter you last name and reservation number.  There you will find the confirmation.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, BunnyHutt said:

I just sailed the Majesty a couple of weeks ago in a JS. It was a lovely cabin and if you’re already booked in one, I’m not sure the additional cost for the GS would be worth it. I’m not sure if there’s a designated suite area for breakfast, unless they set aside part of the MDR and there was *never* an issue finding seating for a show. Regarding the smoking area, I *believe* all suites are on deck 10 and the smoking area is deck 11. Our JS was actually underneath that part of the pool deck (starboard side) and I never noticed any issues, and I’m pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke. 

Only benefit I can possibly think of with an upgrade is if it impacts your Cuba refund, if applicable. We upgraded from an OV to a JS with a *very* aggressive bid... in fact, we figured we probably overpaid (still less than booking JS directly), but we were grateful for the extra space and balcony so we were okay with it. Then we got our statement for the 50% credit and it was considerably higher than I was anticipating. Only thing we could think of that made that happen was it was based on cabin category versus what we paid for our original fare (?) But that’s only a theory. Between that and the fact that I had just successfully purchased the $18 drink package on my 2020 sailing, RCCL has gained a customer for life ?

Enjoy the Majesty...we had a wonderful time. All the staff we encountered were excellent and the piano player in Schooners was a real treat. Small ship but we never felt crowded. 

 

Thanks for the insight.  We are also booked in a JS starboard. I did go ahead and bid on the GS mostly because we have never been in one and thought this might be a one time experience.  If we do not get the bid we are certainly ok with our JS.  Question since you were just on Majesty.....are there outlets anywhere near the bed?  My DH uses a CPAP machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OwassoDeb said:

Thanks for the insight.  We are also booked in a JS starboard. I did go ahead and bid on the GS mostly because we have never been in one and thought this might be a one time experience.  If we do not get the bid we are certainly ok with our JS.  Question since you were just on Majesty.....are there outlets anywhere near the bed?  My DH uses a CPAP machine.

Immediately adjacent to the bed? I don’t think so. There are USB ports as part of the lamps above your shoulder, but mine didn’t work so I had to plug my charging cable into the outlet by the desk, about 2’ from the foot of the bed. That said, our beds were separated *and* I never bothered to ask our steward (we had Yogi ? ) so there may have been one hidden that I was unaware of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, SLJ said:

Hi cruisers, I've recently participated in the Royal Up program for the first time. I bid on a Jr Suite on Allure. Anyone bid and won before? How long before they will inform you whether you got the upgrade or not? If I do end up getting the upgrade, will it affect my online check-in that I'm planning to do soon?   

Thanks in advance!  :) 

How many days before cruising can you bid.  We are currently 30days prior to cruising and it just keeps saying make sure you are within 30 days of travel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Greetings all,

I've been reading through most if these threads and I couldn't find anything. 

Has anyone been successfully upgraded from sky to star class? 

Was it with the max bid? 

How soon were you notified prior to cruising?

Just wondering if its possible is all. Cant find where anyone came back with an accepted bid.

Thanks in advance! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is rare, but I have heard of some who have been upgraded to Star Class.  Those suites generally sell out quickly but there situations where people have to cancel at the last minute for one reason or another.  The bids required to do that are anyone's guess.  Winning bids (from what I have read) have no particular pattern or value.  Good luck !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think it is rare, but I have heard of some who have been upgraded to Star Class.  Those suites generally sell out quickly but there situations where people have to cancel at the last minute for one reason or another.  The bids required to do that are anyone's guess.  Winning bids (from what I have read) have no particular pattern or value.  Good luck !!

Thank you! We are less than 30 days out and there are still plenty of suites available for regular booking. So I was thinking I had a better chance, but from reading other posts, it appears to be better if the lower class cabins are sold out-which they are. Oh well, I'm happy either way. 

 

Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, Airish said:

Greetings all,

I've been reading through most if these threads and I couldn't find anything. 

Has anyone been successfully upgraded from sky to star class? 

Was it with the max bid? 

How soon were you notified prior to cruising?

Just wondering if its possible is all. Cant find where anyone came back with an accepted bid.

Thanks in advance! ?

We currently have a bid in to upgrade from Sky to Star on Oasis, Dec 1. Still waiting to hear if it will be accepted. We didn’t bid the max, but feel it was pretty aggressive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DLCruiser said:

We currently have a bid in to upgrade from Sky to Star on Oasis, Dec 1. Still waiting to hear if it will be accepted. We didn’t bid the max, but feel it was pretty aggressive.  

Excellent, please let us know how it turns out! We are on Harmony in the 15th!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, Airish said:

Greetings all,

I've been reading through most if these threads and I couldn't find anything. 

Has anyone been successfully upgraded from sky to star class? 

Was it with the max bid? 

How soon were you notified prior to cruising?

Just wondering if its possible is all. Cant find where anyone came back with an accepted bid.

Thanks in advance! ?

Hello

I did the royal upgrade from sky to star class

I bid a smooch over the minimum expecting nothing but hoping for the best

We are sailing on 12/15 on the Oasis of the Seas and I found out last week.

So yes it is possible.

MadamG2U

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

Hello

I did the royal upgrade from sky to star class

I bid a smooch over the minimum expecting nothing but hoping for the best

We are sailing on 12/15 on the Oasis of the Seas and I found out last week.

So yes it is possible.

MadamG2U

Congratulations !  What an awesome upgrade. Enjoy the perks. They are incredible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...