Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

twangster

Let's take a look at Hooked.  This is a specialty restaurant that has an additional cover charge.  It replaces Sabor and is located on deck 4 forward across from the Schooner Bar.

Navigator is the second ship to feature Hooked.  Symphony of the Seas is the only other ship that has Hooked at the moment and Symphony is the newest ship in the fleet so for Navigator to get Hooked says a lot about just how much Navigator is like a new ship.

QcZFBva.jpg

BqwlTjL.jpg

ciCWpqS.jpg

0JJXcFY.jpg

PwpesN3.jpg

LPi9gJT.jpg

DqQHQNC.jpg

UniNjWm.jpg

Kt3UKTv.jpg

BoYrbmQ.jpg

Lunch Menu

rhFE9Y0.jpg

Dinner Menu

F1jIqyq.jpg

Drink Menu

tt9RQjp.jpg

On Symphony Hooked featured a Happy Hour special that included a glass of beer or wine and a daily appetizer.  Unfortunately Navigator will not offer a Hooked Happy Hour special, at least not initially.

On this sailing a shipment of Oysters destined for Navigator was inadvertently delivered to Mariner of the Seas also home ported in Miami at present.  Consequently no Oysters for Hooked on this sailing while guests on the 3 night Mariner sailing this weekend are in for a surprise treat.

Hanging out in the Bamboo Room.  Ran into a familiar face I saw on the Symphony transatlantic.  He is involved with Playmakers and tends to sail with the new or refreshed ships that launch with a Playmakers.  He likes the one here on Navigator too. 

This Playmakers has more TVs.  After the Symphony TA they lost four TVs due to humidity.  It’s something they are looking at. Oasis is getting Playmakers in the same location as Symphony.  They are exploring outdoor TVs options for applications like boardwalk on Oasis class.  

I asked about content in terms of different sports beyond ESPN International.  He acknowledged this is another item they are exploring.  In fact he pointed out two girls from RCI marketing behind us working away on their laptops.  It’s something they are working on, but’s it’s complicated.  Nice to know they are trying.  

I'm genuinely curious what "fresh-caught" options they will be offering at Hooked, and if they're truly fresh-caught. I know they can theoretically get something delivered on board while in each port, so that they truly have a different fish on offer at least on the port days, but will the local fishermen be able to keep up with the demand a cruise ship (or two, now that Symphony is sailing the same waters) could generate every week without fishing out the local waters?

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I'm genuinely curious what "fresh-caught" options they will be offering at Hooked, and if they're truly fresh-caught. I know they can theoretically get something delivered on board while in each port, so that they truly have a different fish on offer at least on the port days, but will the local fishermen be able to keep up with the demand a cruise ship (or two, now that Symphony is sailing the same waters) could generate every week without fishing out the local waters?

I understand.  Living in Colorado we have grown to mistrust the "fresh seafood" claim.  

I can say that we sailed expecting oysters but sailed without due to delivery issues.  How fresh?  Good question I can't answer  

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sure you don't want to hop off Navigator and onto Harmony on the 10th?  We could give these guys a non-photoshopped shadow bot pic together ?

I am a meager bot.  Can't afford Star Bot class. 

I am comforted in my knowledge that I knew Star Bot @Lovetocruise2002 before she became famous, or infamous.  Sigh.  

14 hours ago, Srp431 said:

Interested in your opinion of the virtual balcony

I've had virtual balconies before and I like them compared to a plain interior. 

Unfortunately on Navigator they aren't working yet.  I met another virtual balcony guest who has the same large screen display of a railing and dark screen.  Apparently they haven't finished installing the cameras on the bridge that face sideways.  

They'll work eventually, not sure when, but not yet on this cruise.

New Voom login pages.  An option for guests with no Voom plan who want to use the app and for guests who purchase Voom onboard it now uses a 4 digit pin instead of a password.

Q6IQaOi.jpg

PC440bs.jpg

If you have logged into a paid Voom plan and reached your limit on the number of devices it knows that but now gives you the option of kicking the other devices off and switch devices:

hkr7GfT.jpg

Once connected:

3AOe3da.jpg

Note the new URL "guest.onboardicafe.com"

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The "Stowaway Piano" has made it to Navigator.  First observed on Harmony and Symphony another example how Navigator is like a new ship.

That's awesome.  We saw him on Independence too.  Very funny.  Haven't even told our kids about him (as they weren't on Independence with us) and hoping we'll bump into him (or his clone..lol) in an elevator on Symphony next week.  Such a funny concept and brings a smile to your face 

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Hanging out in the Bamboo Room.  Ran into a familiar face I saw on the Symphony transatlantic.  He is involved with Playmakers and tends to sail with the new or refreshed ships that launch with a Playmakers.  He likes the one here on Navigator too. 

This Playmakers has more TVs.  After the Symphony TA they lost four TVs due to humidity.  It’s something they are looking at. Oasis is getting Playmakers in the same location as Symphony.  They are exploring outdoor TVs options for applications like boardwalk on Oasis class.  

I asked about content in terms of different sports beyond ESPN International.  He acknowledged this is another item they are exploring.  In fact he pointed out two girls from RCI marketing behind us working away on their laptops.  It’s something they are working on, but’s it’s complicated.  Nice to know they are trying.  

Since you seem to have access to “insider” info for the upcoming Oasis Amperage, can you ask if they are adding Hooked to O in Nov ?

Disappointed  to read that they didn’t have oysters on the half shell available. We would make GOOD use of them if they offer them on O (assuming they add Hooked).

Love the vid of the "night shot pool area & pool bar." Those shots do remind me of the Vegas Strip Hotels" & some of the resorts I have stayed, in the past. Remarkable video...thanks.

I notice some cruisers still partaking in a late night swim...what time do they shut down the pools, including the Solarium? I sssume it would be shortly after dusk; mainly because, I never see anyone in the pool past dusk, on every cruise I have been on.