Royal Caribbean Blog

Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Hanging out in the Bamboo Room.  Ran into a familiar face I saw on the Symphony transatlantic.  He is involved with Playmakers and tends to sail with the new or refreshed ships that launch with a Playmakers.  He likes the one here on Navigator too. 

This Playmakers has more TVs.  After the Symphony TA they lost four TVs due to humidity.  It’s something they are looking at. Oasis is getting Playmakers in the same location as Symphony.  They are exploring outdoor TVs options for applications like boardwalk on Oasis class.  

I asked about content in terms of different sports beyond ESPN International.  He acknowledged this is another item they are exploring.  In fact he pointed out two girls from RCI marketing behind us working away on their laptops.  It’s something they are working on, but’s it’s complicated.  Nice to know they are trying.  

Since you seem to have access to “insider” info for the upcoming Oasis Amperage, can you ask if they are adding Hooked to O in Nov ?

Disappointed  to read that they didn’t have oysters on the half shell available. We would make GOOD use of them if they offer them on O (assuming they add Hooked).

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First sighting from my Lyft ride. I arrived at the terminal at 9:45am.  Doors were closed.  Around 10am they let us in.   Once upstairs I was third in line for security which was c

I originally booked this cruise as the second leg of a back to back.  The first segment was cancelled by Royal so instead of 14 nights on the ship, I now have just 9 nights.  First world problems.  

PSA - BREAKING NEWS! Terrible ship.  Do NOT book this ship.  Everyone needs to book some other ship.  Leave this ship to me.  I will take one for team RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com and sail on this

Posted Images

Love the vid of the "night shot pool area & pool bar." Those shots do remind me of the Vegas Strip Hotels" & some of the resorts I have stayed, in the past. Remarkable video...thanks.

I notice some cruisers still partaking in a late night swim...what time do they shut down the pools, including the Solarium? I sssume it would be shortly after dusk; mainly because, I never see anyone in the pool past dusk, on every cruise I have been on.

5 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

That's awesome.  We saw him on Independence too.  Very funny.  Haven't even told our kids about him (as they weren't on Independence with us) and hoping we'll bump into him (or his clone..lol) in an elevator on Symphony next week.  Such a funny concept and brings a smile to your face 

We saw him on Mariner as well. We loved it. Such a fun addition

A temporary fitness area has been setup in the Solarium while they finish the new gym deck 11 aft

ZUypb3B.jpg

The door off the port side Solarium that used to lead to the Peak-A-Boo bridge now just is a small outside deck areaL

AEjmvhh.jpg

New deck 11 cabins occupy the space where the gym used to be and the deck that was the Paek-A-Boo bridge is now balcony space for these new cabins.

3 minutes ago, CazV said:

@twangster I know you said it doesn't matter much to you about the Virtual Balcony not working... but I also know you had a cruise cancelled and didn't recoup all costs for it. So I thought I'd mention that I just heard of someone who has been to complain about their VB not working and they've recieved some OBC. 

Yes I visited guest services on day two just so I would be on file as noting my VB isn't working.

Today a letter was waiting outside my cabin.  $400 OBC.  

Very generous actually and will just about pay for my drink package.  While I was looking forward to the virtual balcony this OBC offer goes a long way to overcoming the disappointment.  

@twangster I am loving this blog! We are on the similar itinerary on March 15th. Its our first cruise and this is all making me so much more excited, if that was even possible!

Question for you.. Are you using a travel router on this sailing? I saved your old post about the router, and I have one that I am planning to take with me, mostly just to help boost the wifi signal. 

52 minutes ago, Thetechie said:

Question for you.. Are you using a travel router on this sailing? I saved your old post about the router, and I have one that I am planning to take with me, mostly just to help boost the wifi signal. 

That is exactly what I use it for.  The nearest access point is down the hall a couple cabins.  In bed the ship wifi is very weak.  The travel router does a good job of boosting the signal so I have full coverage in my cabin.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Navigator has fresh floral arrangements located around the ship.  They are quite large and very pretty.  I'm not sure I've seen fresh flowers like this before.  Nice addition.

Wonder if that is just because this is the first sailing?  Or left over from the media shake down cruise?  Would be nice they continue that.

I feel like I haven't been including as many photos as I normal do so here are some from our sail away.

Before the fun, comes the guest assembly drill.  

ycheEMA.jpg

abpwJgp.jpg

We start sail away with our cruise director "My Beautiful People" Hugo getting the pool deck rocking on this first sailing of the Amplified Navigator of the Seas:

WD3BhWk.jpg

We had to wait for a Carnival ship to turn her turn in the turning basin then it was our time. 

We sailed past the new Crown of Miami where Mariner was earlier on this day.

RPTCmf8.jpg

Z0anriy.jpg

In this picture on deck 12 you can see where Johnny Rockets used to be but now there is a door and set of stairs leading up to the sports deck.

urvXbmn.jpg

EYbpdUk.jpg

VUAoe2o.jpg

The sail away party kept rocking here on the rooftop of the Lime and Coconut

02WoNhq.jpg

0BSd2jj.jpg

stjrfJX.jpg

AIVFsrD.jpg

Qn1A3o1.jpg

Back on the aft sports deck the Riptide water slide was going along with the Flowrider.

eh4K5VS.jpg

Several hammocks can be found back here.

UcNQvme.jpg

kexCNzz.jpg

And with that Voom has slowed way down so I'm pausing the picture fest and going to the Bamboo Room for a drink.

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

I feel like I haven't been including as many photos as I normal do so here are some from our sail away.

We start with our cruise director "My Beautiful People" Hugo getting the pool deck rocking on this first sailing of the Amplified Navigator of the Seas:

WD3BhWk.jpg

We had to wait for a Carnival ship to turn her turn in the turning basin then it was our time. 

We sailed past the new Crown of Miami where Mariner was earlier on this day.

RPTCmf8.jpg

Z0anriy.jpg

In this picture on deck 12 you can see where Johnny Rockets used to be but now there is a door and set of stairs leading up to the sports deck.

urvXbmn.jpg

EYbpdUk.jpg

VUAoe2o.jpg

The sail away party kept rocking here on the rooftop of the Lime and Coconut

02WoNhq.jpg

0BSd2jj.jpg

stjrfJX.jpg

AIVFsrD.jpg

Qn1A3o1.jpg

Back on the aft sports deck the Riptide water slide was going along with the Flowrider.

eh4K5VS.jpg

Several hammocks can be found back here.

UcNQvme.jpg

kexCNzz.jpg

And with that Voom has slowed way down so I'm pausing the picture fest and going to the Bamboo Room for a drink.

Ahh Hugo, we had him on Mariner back in November. Interesting that he has jumped to Navigator... Do you think it's because he does speak Spanish and Navigator will be based in Miami instead of Mariner which will move to Cape Canaveral? 

• Matt featured this topic