Lindsay

It happened! I am on an upgrade wait list. Now what?

I got the upgrade email shortly after making final payment.  Funny though it was addressed to my daughter who is listed as the 3rd person in our GS.  But there was no mention of the price of said potential upgrade.  Guess we will wait & see.  74 days out currently.

So how far out should I start answering every phone call?  And a little help for the newbie - what might I expect (I know, expect nothing!) as an upgrade from a GS and what would you consider a reasonable charge for it?

2 hours ago, garrymorere said:

I did get “the call” and upgraded from interior to CP Balcony on Oasis for $50. Seemed like a steal! 

I agree - you got quite a good deal there! Event better (IMO) since on the Oasis class, you don't get a ton of ocean views unless you have an outward facing room. 

2 hours ago, castle25 said:

Am i the only person thinking that if they want to upgrade you, it should be for free?

While that would be nice, these are reduced price upgrades.  Of course, you don't have to take it.

7 hours ago, Pooch said:

So how far out should I start answering every phone call?  And a little help for the newbie - what might I expect (I know, expect nothing!) as an upgrade from a GS and what would you consider a reasonable charge for it?

No idea. I've never gotten the call or the email, so cannot offer any advice.  Any call from 305 area code (Miami) would be a good starting point.  

I am the original poster of this post and I received the email and clicked it and was told I was on the "wait list".  I am STILL waiting for the call.  I've answered ALL calls and it's been SOOOOOO annoying.  Since June 25th, I've listened to 10 seconds of the following recordings:

1. Have you found Jesus...
  2. You've won a cruise...
  3. This is Audi calling from the warranty department...
  4. Do you have outstanding student loans...
  5. This is the IRS...

And last but not least, no one there after I say hello 3 times!!!!!

It's been oh so much fun answering all of these calls pre-recorded sales and fake/fraudulent calls.  I only have 23 more days until sailing so I will continue with the answering until then.  IF I get the call, the agent better hold on to their hat because I will flip out/scream/yell when I get the actual call from RC!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No idea. I've never gotten the call or the email, so cannot offer any advice.  Any call from 305 area code (Miami) would be a good starting point.  

Thanks Matt --- Good idea --- I generally don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize ..... At least it narrows it down a little.

18 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I am the original poster of this post and I received the email and clicked it and was told I was on the "wait list".  I am STILL waiting for the call.  I've answered ALL calls and it's been SOOOOOO annoying.  Since June 25th, I've listened to 10 seconds of the following recordings:

1. Have you found Jesus...
  2. You've won a cruise...
  3. This is Audi calling from the warranty department...
  4. Do you have outstanding student loans...
  5. This is the IRS...

And last but not least, no one there after I say hello 3 times!!!!!

It's been oh so much fun answering all of these calls pre-recorded sales and fake/fraudulent calls.  I only have 23 more days until sailing so I will continue with the answering until then.  IF I get the call, the agent better hold on to their hat because I will flip out/scream/yell when I get the actual call from RC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I happened to miss my call a couple weeks ago when I was in a show at Busch Gardens.  When I saw the number I reverse-searched on Google and saw a few results showing Royal Caribbean.  It was with that I determined the number was them, called back, said I was hoping it was an upgrade call I missed and am returning.  They had to do some research since they are so big but ultimately was transferred and assisted with my upgrade!

With that being said, I can't guarantee you'll have the same results, but if you do miss the call/ignore unknown numbers and get back pretty quickly, it is not impossible to get the upgrade if you were indeed called.  Good luck!!