Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

Hi! I’m new to the boards and fairly new to RCCL. I took my first RCCL cruise last May on Oasis. I really enjoyed it too!! Having been on oodles of DCL cruises, I did find a few differences that I didn’t think would bother me, but I think I could reconcile for the future. I’m sailing on Anthem for the Canada/ New England cruise on Aug 23. On my last cruise, I found that some nights I wanted to just chill and watch a movie. Unlike DCL where there is a theatre, I found movies on Oasis were shown outside at the Aqua Theatre. I found that very uncomfortable and extremely hard to hear. (Geez, I’m getting old. Lol). Am I missing other options? If not, do any of you bring movies to watch or just stream off Netflix? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on three of the four Reassurance class ships and they all had dedicated theaters and I haven't seen anything about them being removed. On a couple of occasions, movies have been shown in the main theater either midday on a see day or at night when the theater didn't have a performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojodisney said:

Am I missing other options? If not, do any of you bring movies to watch or just stream off Netflix? 

Hi Mojo! On Anthem, they will show some movies in the Royal Theater.  I recall seeing Penguins of Madagascar there on Quantum of the Seas.

On a recent Anthem Cruise Compass, I found movies being shown in the Royal Theater and by the pool: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sat-2018-03-31-0000 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The Radiance class ships still have a small theater, I believe.  I don't know if they are systematically removing these or not.  I hope they don't.  I always enjoyed going there to see a movie. 

I enjoy the theater very much I remember when they were on freedom class down in the conference area the brilliance has one and I will be using it pool side movies are ok but the little 29 seats theaters are the best

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hi Mojo! On Anthem, they will show some movies in the Royal Theater.  I recall seeing Penguins of Madagascar there on Quantum of the Seas.

On a recent Anthem Cruise Compass, I found movies being shown in the Royal Theater and by the pool: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sat-2018-03-31-0000 

Awesome! Thank you for all your responses! I’ll have to check the Royal Theater out. I’m learning...very slowly. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

To my knowledge, Brilliance still has a theatre ..... as for other locations... we watched a couple of movies on the pool deck on Grandeur .... incredibly relaxing and there were no issues with being able to hear everything..... heck, there were several that were watching it from the hot tubs..... how's that for being spoiled?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on Hamrony last month and they showed movies in an indoor theater (I remember "Star Wars Last Jedi") as well as  outdoor/Aqua theater (BlackPanther was one being shown.) The times never seemed to work for us (although my 11 yr.old caught Star Wars.) Voom's connection was not reliable for us. We often had interruptions, loss of service, and buffering. Still glad I got it and we made it through Season 1 of a show but we're used to bad, rural internet. I'm sure those used to good internet would have given up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 9:40 AM, mojodisney said:

Hi! I’m new to the boards and fairly new to RCCL. I took my first RCCL cruise last May on Oasis. I really enjoyed it too!! Having been on oodles of DCL cruises, I did find a few differences that I didn’t think would bother me, but I think I could reconcile for the future. I’m sailing on Anthem for the Canada/ New England cruise on Aug 23. On my last cruise, I found that some nights I wanted to just chill and watch a movie. Unlike DCL where there is a theatre, I found movies on Oasis were shown outside at the Aqua Theatre. I found that very uncomfortable and extremely hard to hear. (Geez, I’m getting old. Lol). Am I missing other options? If not, do any of you bring movies to watch or just stream off Netflix? 

Check past cruise compass for your upcoming cruise on Anthem.  They show movies in the Royal Theater during the daytime.  They played Dr Strange in 3D on Oasis April 2017.  

I always download a few movies/shows on Netflix from home on my mobile device in the event of flight/travel delays.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

There is nothing greater than sitting outdoors watching a flick and having the sea breeze.  Get a couple of towels for padding and your good to go.  Some pizza and cocktails.  And the rest is history.  Enjoyed Oasis outdoor movies and looking forward to sailing on her again.  

I'll second that!  Love outdoors movies at the Aqua theater!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...