Harmony of the Seas, Somewhat Live 5/19 -5/26

Hockeyman55

So here we are a day before we set sail on our first family cruise, and our first Royal Caribbean cruise infact. It is my wife and I, our three daughters who are 5, 6 and 7 years old along with my mom and brother. We booked this in March of last year ,if my memory serves correct, so this trip has been a long time in the making. Will try and post as time permits and put up pictures as well. 

Started packing 3 weeks ago so that is how excited I have been ?  Took today off work so I can finish packing and some other last minute things. We live in West Palm Beach so tomorrow morning we will hit the road for the port which is an hour drive south for us, not too bad.

A few things

Ever since RC came out with their Oasis class ships I knew that I had to go one and when Harmony came out with the all the slides I was sold (im a big kid at heart), so that was one of the reasons we decided on Harmony of the Seas. 

Our trips is headed to the western Caribbean with stops in Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. I have been on a cruise to the eastern Caribbean many moons ago on NCL and really wanted to see these island this time around

We booked 2 boardwalk balcony rooms, both towards the back of the ship. I love the hustle and bustle of everything and wanted to have somewhat of a view of the show in the back so i was pretty set on getting one of these rooms. 

Our Excursions

Labadee - aquapark, zipline and coaster  

Falmouth - dolphin encounter. 

Cozumel - spending the day at Mr Sanchos 

Well thanks for following along and if you have any questions or anything please don't hesitate to comment below. 

Thank you everyone. 

Currently sitting in Windjammer with everyone for lunch.

Left our house at 8:30 and got down here about 9:45 with the rain slowing us down some. Parking, security and checking in was such a breeze and then had about a 15 min wait to board. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little emotional stepping onboard, similar to when we took our kids to Disney for the first time. 

Off to kids club and shore excursions we go

So day one is in the books. Weather wise it was a crummy day but we made the best of it, our Fine Line show was canceled and moved to day 6 due to the weather. Had lunch at Windjammer, then kids got hungry before dinner so we stopped at mini bites and totally ruined dinner so instead the kids decided they wanted to swim instead. So far my kids are having the times of their lives and we have just begun, cant wait to see what else is in store. Off to bed I go, have an early breakfast with the Dreamworks characters in the AM

_DSC0469-2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hockeyman55 said:

My kids are still a little shy with the bigger slides, they will do the smaller ones though. Abyss was closed all day due to the weather, was looking forward to that.

Is it that rainy they closed the Abyss , as wind should effect it , after all its a closed slide.

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Is it that rainy they closed the Abyss , as wind should effect it , after all its a closed slide.

Yeah was a rainy day yesterday and although the slides are covered the exits to the slide were drenched from the rain. Merry go round was closed part of the day due to the same. 

Quick morning update

Just finished up DreamWorks character breakfast

Character interactions was great, we had Kitty Soft Paws who walked table to table spending time with everyone and then Shrek and Puss N Boots had a walk up meet and great with a little dance party. Will put up some pictures later as time allows.

Now the sun is finally out and we are headed to the pools.

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How did the girls (ALL of the girls !) react when they saw the ship for the first time ?  I love that moment

I think it was a mix of excitement and nervousness. Our middle daughter was super nervous and said she didn't want to go on the boat. My wife and other two daughters were blown away by the shear size of it. 

Even on board they couldn't believe how massive it was and all the things you can do (even though I had them watch a thousand videos on YouTube prior to the trip?)

The most excited they have been though is when we pushed away from dock initially, they all ran out to our balcony to watch out the back since we are on a boardwalk balcony.

12 hours ago, accio7 said:

Following! Loving your review so far, hope you and the lovely ladies have a great cruise ? 

Have you had a chance to tune into the playoffs onboard?

Hey @accio7 all our Canadian teams are officially out now ? Who will you cheer for now? I say Vegas...love Marc Andre Fleury! Canadian and former Penguin...

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hey @accio7 all our Canadian teams are official out now ? Who will you cheer for now? I say Vegas...love Marc Andre Fleury! Canadian and former Penguin...

I have a Blackhawk jersey that they created for Michael Jordan. It has Jordan on the back and number 23. Everytime I wear it, people want to buy it. 

18 hours ago, Sweety said:

Do you like the broadwalk balcony? I booked this one for next year.

I love it, I enjoy the hustle and bustle but if you have trouble sleeping with noise it might not be the best choice. We also decided on a balcony room towards the back so we could see the water and show and neither have disappointed so far. I would choose this room again without a doubt

Yesterdays quick hits

Started the day with Dreamworks breakfast - had a great time

After breakfast was a few hours at the pool and hot tubs, TBH my kids enjoyed the hot tubs more than anything. Didn't get on the slides, by the time we got there the line was long, will though for sure 

After the pool it was time for lunch at mini bites and of course some ice cream ?

2pm we headed down to the promenade for the Trolls dance party and meet and greet. Was cute and with my kids being big Trolls fans it was a must do

We finally made it down to formal night at 6. This was our first meal at the main dining room and thought my food was just so so,I had the beef dish, everyone else loved there food. 

We did let our waitress know we had a show reservation for 7:30 and surely they got us out in time. 

Our first show of the trip was 1887, my kids and wife loved it, I thought it was good but not something i need to see more than once. 

That was pretty much a quick take on our day. Off to Labadee we go . . . . 

10 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

_DSC0708-2.jpg

_DSC0710-2.jpg

God almighty, those are some seriously cut / ripped individuals! Please tell me they were performers and not just a random sampling of guests doing a Zumba class! If the latter, I'm going to be even more reluctant to board an Oasis-class ship; my self-esteem couldn't handle being surrounded by so much physical fit-ness! ??