Liberty 2/25/18 7 Nights

twangster

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Why is it that every time you're on a ship, I start looking at their itinerary! HELP!! 

Phew, my cruise addiction issues don't seem as bad lol....aren't you up to 8-9 bookings by now @Boston Babe?!

Love the outdoor pics @twangster but I am safe and immune to this ship, can't do the Galveston thing...

3 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

can't do the Galveston thing

LOL!  I am 7 bookings but whose counting!! The April 2020 I'm waiting to switch to a June/July 2020 and I need a November 2020 to round out the next two years!

BTW, isn't Edge doing Europe in the summers? Aren't you looking at her for summer 2020? or were you planning on Europe? 

14 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

LOL!  I am 7 bookings but whose counting!! The April 2020 I'm waiting to switch to a June/July 2020 and I need a November 2020 to round out the next two years!

BTW, isn't Edge doing Europe in the summers? Aren't you looking at her for summer 2020? or were you planning on Europe? 

I am hoping to do Edge the summer of 2020 but not if she's in Europe. That would be a kid-free cruise and I won't go to Europe and leave them behind.  Maybe something interesting will come to Cape Liberty by then. That's another option.  Doubt hubby would want another Oasis class by summer 2020.  Or that might (dare I say it...) have to be a cruise free summer ?.  We have to go to Disney World at the end of that summer too, Star Wars land will be calling by then.  

2 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I am hoping to do Edge the summer of 2020

Have given thought to maybe do Edge for March 2020, and switch Oasis to Summer 2020? That might be a good idea, that way you are giving hubby a break in between Oasis class! LOL or is that the one you booked Star or whatever on? LOL

30 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Love the outdoor pics @twangster but I am safe and immune to this ship, can't do the Galveston thing...

5 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I am hoping to do Edge the summer of 2020 but not if she's in Europe. That would be a kid-free cruise and I won't go to Europe and leave them behind.  Maybe something interesting will come to Cape Liberty by then. That's another option.  Doubt hubby would want another Oasis class by summer 2020.  Or that might (dare I say it...) have to be a cruise free summer ?.  We have to go to Disney World at the end of that summer too, Star Wars land will be calling by then.  

Getting to Houston is a lot easier than getting to Europe.  Galveston isn't much different than getting from Orlando to Port Canaveral and you could even bring the kids!

5 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Have given thought to maybe do Edge for March 2020, and switch Oasis to Summer 2020? That might be a good idea, that way you are giving hubby a break in between Oasis class! LOL or is that the one you booked Star or whatever on? LOL

Nope.  Can't do that.  Kids would have a fit if we left them over March break to cruise on our own.  We cruise kid free every anniversary, which is in July.  That's our excuse :12_slight_smile:

I booked Oasis because I am interested to see what she will be like after "revitalization".  She was our first taste at Oasis class and we went on the inaugural sailing here in NA.  I'm sure lots has/will change on her by 2020 and I'm curious.  That and I am counting on the slides.  And Oasis is the best priced Oasis class ship during March break in 2020.  Sorry @twangster for hijacking your blog...

Entertainment Backstage Tour.

Saturday Night Fever is the main show on Liberty.  This afternoon I took the backstage tour.

1plf8Re.jpg

oM5tnhc.jpg

Two of the cast hosted the tour today.

HQTho5k.jpg

No dressing rooms on Liberty, this wardrobe area is right behind the main set.  

NzzUs5K.jpg

qLTlqCh.jpg

Some of the sets and backdrops that raise and lower weigh up to 1 ton.  They explained because the ship is made of steel and has a very rigid frame around the theater they can get away with such heavy set pieces.  Many theaters on land can't take heavy pieces like this.

pr7k8og.jpg

4Y3CqJ3.jpg

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

The blond is the actress that played Sandy on my Liberty cruise last year.

She is Australian.  She also is the aerialist from "In the Air" who sings while sitting in the chair with another cast suspended below her doing flips and rolls. 

Both are on their second contract on Liberty.  They were supposed to board the week Hurricane Harvey diverted Liberty to Miami.  Since cast contracts start in Miami two months prior to boarding they joined Liberty when she stopped in Miami instead of flying to Houston.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The St Tropez area features glass dividers to break the wind.  On Freedom this is open area and due to the winds it was lightly used on my cruise.  Staff didn't even bother to deploy loungers on Freedom.  On Liberty it's a nice quiet sundeck.  The glass dividers also provide some feeling of separation from other guests.

This area is actually our favorite area, if the Solarium is crowded we always come up here, even with the miniature golf it is still pretty quite. My wife drives a school bus as well as working at the school so of course we had to get this photo...

Great pictures, glad I'm already booked in a suite for July of this year, I do agree on the Diamond lounge, it was a little small, but I loved the view, it was better than being stuck down on deck 4 like on some of the O class ships, @twangster we did find that if we waited a little there was an early crowd that left and went to the early dinner seating and then you did not have any problems getting a seat in the lounge.

DSC02375.JPG

It's 4:30pm and that means Diamond happy hour.  The bar line was out the door and into the Viking Crown Lounge.  Several Diamond Plus in line are calling for a ban of all Diamond members favoring a name change to "The Diamond Plus Lounge" :3_grin:.    Since I should make Diamond Plus next cruise I'm okay with that!  

Beautiful day today.  We are well past Cozumel now continuing due South at 15 knots. 

Tonight in the main theater we have 'Donovan and Rebecca" - Vocals and Acrobatics.  They live in Galveston and took an Uber to the cruise.    They did a routine in the Welcome Aboard show and look pretty good.  I may skip my 6pm MDR reservation and try to get a good seat for their show.  

"Donovan and Rebecca"  in the theater were pretty awesome.  Front row seats!  No photography allowed so no pictures.

I wasn't terribly hungry when I heard my name being called.  Like a lamb to the slaughter I followed the voice to... the Windjammer.

I heard people like food pictures, so here you go.  In no particular order.

u21cRQt.jpg

taPwm9s.jpg

MgR8Lve.jpg

bywWAI2.jpgybsyd9s.jpg

XzGB5S2.jpg

lCp2cjW.jpg

ThbsG22.jpg

r7QcJUl.jpg

nCYgvk2.jpgui14gNL.jpg

Antipasta.  

PH468kA.jpg

liWkHoe.jpg

Quesadilla Bar.  Pretty good selection.  I may skip MDR again and just do this tomorrow.  

CVkCmiJ.jpg

TgjmC3H.jpg

8YYLsEi.jpg

Dry rub ribs.

ofuqhap.jpg

The Brushetta was good.  Too good.

8WimTvw.jpg

Garlic bread - perfect for solo cruisers.

nR1iviL.jpg

Like anyone would have room for dessert...

S9Pskxh.jpg

DhsqoGa.jpg

G6wy7kT.jpg

Yes, this is chocolate.  White, dark, semi, more.  Plus ice cream.  

oJYMP7U.jpg

But wait, the other side has more food I missed...

Gluten Free options:

4gZTMml.jpg

4znmjsS.jpg

Open faced sandwiches for those who can't or won't eat closed faced sandwiches.

gQx1EQf.jpg

Something to wash down the food between gulps.

ypC7qjh.jpg

Day 4 - Roatán

I woke in my very dark interior cabin wondering what time it was.  One thing about interior cabins is that I sleep very well.   Almost 7am and doing 15 knots as we approached Roatán.  Where else to take in our arrival but the helipad.

QrE6lEu.jpg

Today we are sharing the port with an NCL ship, the Dawn.  

vKiFYCj.jpg

C7htJ4d.jpg

The Dawn will be tendering while we tie up at the pier.  I'm fairly certain I could hear the low murmur of complaints coming in over the water.

O7wEMg1.jpg

Local musicians were playing and singing as we approached the pier.

9KYYksA.jpg

A small fleet of buses and taxis are lined up waiting for us.

QFwEIdh.jpg

Twenty five minutes early guests began to flood onto the pier.

BdjUIuJ.jpg

Much of the morning cloud cover has burned off already and it feels like its going to a hot one.  Time for a Windjammer breakfast.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've been to Roatan a number of times but I swear that port does not look familiar to me at all !  Is it new ?

I can't believe it. You are kicking my family and I off the ship. We sail June 21-30, 2018. I love Grandeur. thinking about taking it next December 2019. 

More Roatán pictures.

WY7o2Ji.jpg

ZjLzHAX.jpg

PFlBROX.jpg

VTC24Ag.jpg

78FiEhO.jpg

EHPP0uw.jpg

HfF5Rtl.jpg

fGO0cVr.jpg

RL6JfiU.jpg

zOgjzjy.jpg

6cKPszT.jpg

PsYelLL.jpg

tEHak7e.jpg

Ul9tMlu.jpg

vBNmaFP.jpg

After this it was back to the ship for a Windjammer lunch.  I'm not going to show all the food stations for lunch, there is just too much food, but I did find that was of particular interest.

nVbiNPg.jpg

This container was full when I first approached.  What can I say other than... yum.

After this and with the 1pm hour arriving that meant the slides were open.  No lines!

The Tidal Wave requires two victims passengers.  Fortunately a passing guest was eager to share a ride so we did it twice.  We almost got to touch the wall at the top.  We both resolved to return to the Windjammer to add a few more pounds in our quest to touch the top of the tidal wave slide.  

The Perfect Storm rides were also awesome and with no lines I got my workout in climbing the stairs several times.  I think I like the green one better, more interesting lighting effects.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Photo evidence that Twangster is not a robot....or at least a robot that emits a human like shadow

5 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Lol!  I wondered if that was his shadow!  But I wasn't sure ?

I hate to break it to you, but twangster saw his shadow.   You all know what that means...