Total Solar Eclipse 2045 & CocoCay

My guess is a lot of you will still be cruising so hope you can have an awesome CocoCay party!🎉   Me?  I’ll be less than two months from turning 89…hmmm, perhaps 🤔???  Longevity may be on my side…we’ll just have to wait and see!

It certainly sounds like a Perfect Day at CocoCay!  

37 minutes ago, teddy said:

I’m not old yet, but I’ll be 75 in 2045.   While that’s not old either, I’ve abused my body some over the years.  I might not be very spry. 

I’m glad I had the opportunity to be in path of the eclipse this time around. 

Hey who says you have to be spry?  😉

All you will need is your eyes and possibly a hi-tech wheelchair contraption!  Heck…you and I have been around long enough to know we can only imagine what technology will bring in the next 21 years!

Hubby just told me that some cruise lines are already offering Iceland/Spain cruises for August 2026. I asked him where he saw this, he said a FB ad, and of course he could not tell me which cruise line lol. But last night, I took a look and he is right. Cunard already has sailings open to Iceland/Spain that are focused on the total eclipse in 2026. They are almost sold out. Not that I would want to go on Cunard at this point in my life. Princess has already announced they will have sailings going that way as well, and Holland America too.

If Royal or X could commit to such a sailing to Iceland/Spain for the total eclipse in 2026, I would seriously consider it. Can you imagine seeing the beauty of a total eclipse in Iceland?! I want in. But I don't want to sail Cunard, Princess, or Holland America lol

12 hours ago, tn1387 said:

Hmm on a Wednesday, that will be selective itineraries for sure

August 12, 2045 is a Saturday. Don't be confused by the everywhere but the US convention that would make the date seem like December 8, 2045. The graphic has a US-based date.

14 hours ago, teddy said:

I’m not old yet, but I’ll be 75 in 2045.   While that’s not old either, I’ve abused my body some over the years.  I might not be very spry. 

We drove to see Monday's eclipse in Northern VT. (I'm 75 now). Not sure about 2045's eclipse. Yes, it was a sight to see.

Edited by barjpoe
wrong wording

4 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

Hopefully I'll still be alive at age 79 for this one.

My house was in the path of totality for 4/8/24, but it was completely overcast. 😭

We were in the path of totality as well. Cloudy up to maybe 10 minutes before totality when the clouds started to break up. Had a big blue patch of open skies go over our house starting a minute before totality. We got lucky

On 4/9/2024 at 9:22 PM, teddy said:

It's not the years... it's the mileage.

Remember to regularly check the oil.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:10 PM, Rackham said:

For everyone who plans [far, far] in advance, CocoCay is in the direct path of the August 12, 2045 total solar eclipse. Nearly 6 minutes of totality!

Total Eclipse Aug 12 2045 - CocoCay.png

I'll  be dead then. Hope others can enjoy it.