Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

After Central Park, we wandered up the the Aquadome Marketplace. This is probably my favourite complimentary venue, with the crepe and Greek place being my favourite. We were stuffed and did not try the Mac n Cheese or noodles, but we will venture back here tomorrow to try it out. 

40a1e2ec-26a8-4ac3-aa8e-b62349ccbf61.jpeg

8ccb5d7f-a25e-4725-9f23-4ebe54af0223.jpeg

9f5be06c-59ec-49a5-949e-bca7b0e81136.jpeg

29866a6d-134f-49ea-a13f-0861ef72250a.jpeg

@Lovetocruise2002 question, are you happy you left tot town? Do you think you could have survived there? I showed hubby a cabin tour and he was like, we could stay there! Um, no, no thank you! Are you happy in the panoramic?

@AshleyDillo do you like the panoramic or would you have enjoyed something different? 

Do you guys know the genies, are they new ones? Who is the cruise director, is he / she amazing? 

Sorry so many questions, all the photos are amazing!

Just now, Neesa said:

@Lovetocruise2002 question, are you happy you left tot town? Do you think you could have survived there? I showed hubby a cabin tour and he was like, we could stay there! Um, no, no thank you! Are you happy in the panoramic?

@AshleyDillo do you like the panoramic or would you have enjoyed something different? 

Do you guys know the genies, are they new ones? Who is the cruise director, is he / she amazing? 

Sorry so many questions, all the photos are amazing!

Omg! Yes! I could not be happier that we were able to ditch tot town. Even Hubby agrees because I showed him where we would have been. I would not have been happy there at all. Your view is the activities on Surfside below you. 

The panoramic is basically a JS with no balcony. It is decent for 2. The bathroom is a bit narrow. I would not put 4 in here. Not enough storage space. We are struggling with how we can bring our girls on Icon and still cruise the way we like. That has been our discussion today. Hubby really likes this ship. I don’t think that we are one and done…..

I know the genies on board. None are new. In fact, @Neesa, I spoke to a few crew members earlier and they said there are zero new hires on board. Everyone on the start up crew is minimum 1-2 contracts in. Many are more than that. 

Cruise Director is Mike Szwajkowski. 

5 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

What is y’all’s impression of how the crowd flow is/would be at the Aquadome food hall if there were crowds ? I know the hallway appears narrow and if it’s really busy with lines at each stall, some have said that would be a problem .

Yes..it's a small space. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.

It's quick serve though so it should be quick. Though it's the people who get in line before reading the menus and making decisions that slow down the process.

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

This live blog is dang exciting. I love seeing the pics and the impressions from y’all . Keep it up , this is good stuff. 

Agree. And I think we will have a record for number of pages for a live blog. At 10 already and not even halfway through the first sea day 😂

18 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

What is y’all’s impression of how the crowd flow is/would be at the Aquadome food hall if there were crowds ? I know the hallway appears narrow and if it’s really busy with lines at each stall, some have said that would be a problem .

When we ate there around 1pm (sea day), it was crowded but the lines moved quickly. There are many nearby spaces to eat as well. No trouble finding a table. 

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The slushy machines are pre-blended with the liquor. Virgin versions are made with this new mix brand.  Word online is it doesn't blend up as well for frozen drinks like the Island Oasis did.

17064738563123633417020173418163.thumb.jpg.295c4dde600f5e4a02e3a1f62d8d5c07.jpg

I have used that as a bartender many moons ago and as a whole it is garbage🤣.... especially the bloody Mary mix. But it is cheaper for companies. 

LOVE seeing the ICONic new ship from Royal! Here's to many more exciting days ahead for all of you.

Legitimate question though: Why does everyone not like the Windjammer? 🤣 

I mean my guess would probably be because the food is kinda crap? 

I don't mind Windjammer food honestly... but that's just me, as long as I'm fed, I'm a happy camper, but interesting to get other people's takes on the Windjammer.