diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

21 minutes ago, GregD said:

The adolescent in me always chuckles every time I walk past these teas in the grocery store. Their marketing dept. are my kind of people. 

I had to think about that one a bit too hard....and now I can't stop laughing and my teenager that is awake demands to know what's going on. 

the pool deck is HOPPING. 

IMG_8194.thumb.jpeg.3445f29fa818d172d94997ef24b3ec0c.jpeg

already we have had aqua aerobics and a dance class. now the band is setting up. 

cloudy currently but the sun is trying to come out!!

also with these tight quarters, my cup clip has come in handy today!!!!

IMG_8195.thumb.jpeg.410ea7b9c312433ff344b4597a192e99.jpeg

lastly — i found a duck!!!

just sitting in the open in central park. i am petty sure it was 3-D printed, based on the feel and design. it has the royal insignia on the neck, and liked a ribbed design to it. also it doesn’t squish like a regular duckie. 

IMG_8192.thumb.jpeg.fd2a66f984780742b8f5c40a69bc2328.jpegIMG_8193.thumb.jpeg.87324892dd783c5e0c372bd0939bef74.jpeg

the tag is impressive too. 

also ps @Va4fam i think our cruise director’s name is eric!!

First......wooo hoo on the FCC.

Second...... I only love the tiny, tiny smalls under 2 because they are adorable. Over 2 they have personalities that can be too spicy for any situation.

Third......why is Royal good for adding random things not listed in the description????

I love the small towel animals minus the mice.....mice should never be invited to the party.....neither should monkeys.

29 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I blame all of you - I joined the Bezos club. Cup clippy, hurry up and arrive so I can play with you!

WELCOME!!!

29 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

@asquared17 that duck's passport is AWESOME!!!!!

honestly i couldn’t tell if i was more impressed by the 3D printing or the passport itself…. this family has serious skills!!

- i have never seen such short hemlines in my entire human life. the things i have seen due to lack of an appropriate skirt length CANNOT BE UNSEEN. 

I had to laugh when I read your above comment.  I constantly feel that way!  It is typically very young girls (teens) wearing this type of “dress?” and my first thought is…is she wearing shorts under that?  THEN I find myself (shamelessly) watching to see what happens when it’s time to sit!  😱 I get embarrassed 😳 for these girls (not sure why) and at the same time wonder Why does anyone think this is appropriate and complementing?  And that’s to the parents as well!  Call me a fuddy duddy but…. 

29 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

- i have never seen such short hemlines in my entire human life. the things i have seen due to lack of an appropriate skirt length CANNOT BE UNSEEN. 

I had to laugh when I read your above comment.  I constantly feel that way!  It is typically very young girls (teens) wearing this type of “dress?” and my first thought is…is she wearing shorts under that?  THEN I find myself (shamelessly) watching to see what happens when it’s time to sit!  😱 I get embarrassed 😳 for these girls (not sure why) and at the same time wonder Why does anyone think this is appropriate and complementing?  And that’s to the parents as well!  Call me a fuddy duddy but…. 

Ugh, I have a 17 year old in High School. Thank goodness she is into the gym and comfort, not the styles that are in fashion today. We explained what "Command Presence" is and how respect for one's self helps your cause if you want to be respected.....but I digress. 

Our high school has a dress code, no uniforms but standards concerning skirt AND shirt lengths because there were literally half naked kiddos running around.

WELL, parents YES parents went to the school board and demanded change, a change in the " let them be " dept! 

To say I was shocked is an understatement but we are back to lots of skin in the High School. Jesus take the wheel! 

18 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Ugh, I have a 17 year old in High School. Thank goodness she is into the gym and comfort, not the styles that are in fashion today. We explained what "Command Presence" is and how respect for one's self helps your cause if you want to be respected.....but I digress. 

Our high school has a dress code, no uniforms but standards concerning skirt AND shirt lengths because there were literally half naked kiddos running around.

WELL, parents YES parents went to the school board and demanded change, a change in the " let them be " dept! 

To say I was shocked is an understatement but we are back to lots of skin in the High School. Jesus take the wheel! 

"Jesus take the wheel" LOLOLOLOL sometimes you wonder about people...

I have two teenage daughters. One is conservative, one is not. The one that is NOT gets a lot of discussions about following dress code (aka no midriff or butt showing) and being appropriate to be treated appropriately. Thankfully, she's good about dressing decently for school and other activities, but all bets are off when she has her choice and nothing else is going on. 😑

19 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

THEY ARE OUT OF CHIPOTLE SAUCE. 

what cruel world have i awakened in?????

also i hope you are proud of my lunch beverage choice

Lack of chipotle is unacceptable!

Very proud. A margarita would be my first choice (ELF on Wonder has an attached margarita bar 😍) but if you're going beer, I approve. -1 point for can instead of bottle with a lime wedge sticking out but that may have been beyond your control.

I actually rarely use my vouchers on beer. My brain feels obligated to order more interesting stuff I'd never buy/make at home like frozen drinks, pineapple jalapeno margaritas, crazy stuff from Mason Jar on Wonder, etc. Not a knock on anyone who does get beer or more basic drinks of course. They're your vouchers!

I have a note saved in my phone with cruise drinks, especially the ones that are unique to a certain venue. 🙈

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

also i hope you are proud of my lunch beverage choice

I approve of your beverage selections. 

My Bezos order arrived today with some cruise items. We got our new cups clips, and some items that The Boss wanted. I left out a shirt I ordered that will make an appearance for Shenanigans that I am causing myself...more to come on that next week.

The dog was not from Bezos, but he has been the ultimate freeloader.....IMG_6161.thumb.jpeg.5d6e99e5e3dbc7b7351c0b45b0fed624.jpeg 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

I approve of your beverage selections. 

My Bezos order arrived today with some cruise items. We got our new cups clips, and some items that The Boss wanted

i am pleased to hear this. cup clips!!!!

also we will wait with baited breath for the tee shirt! speaking of… where is your live blog???

i love the doggo 😍

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Some of the parents are showing skin too.

i had to swap out chicken portions at portside because i don’t eat dark meat. (well, technically i don’t eat meat, period. but i will occasionally do some poultry and of course fish.)

the crew were so good about it, too. they remembered us from the first night — then i was apologizing, then they were apologizing, then the chef was apologizing — and i watched him throw a chicken on so quick. 

it came out maybe 90 seconds later STEAMING HOT. 

literally, so much steam that J even looked at me and then my chicken and said, you’d better be careful. 

(i only burned my mouth a little bit. 😅)

IMG_8222.thumb.jpeg.30b15c5f439010e074a389a55c25df50.jpeg

they wanted to give me a new mac and cheese too but i said no, because the one i had was more than fine. 

portside was PACKED. the place was hopping and there was a musician playing guitar as well. such a contrast from the quiet peace of night one… which seems like a lifetime ago!!

here are some last day pics i grabbed before we left the pool deck for the final time, and i came back to pack. the sun was gone for more of the day and didn’t come back until about 3:45/4pm. we finally left our seats at 4:45 but the sun was obscured from our section and the breeze made it a little chilly.

IMG_8202.thumb.jpeg.f02a2faf660dcecdc1030c1ea3791393.jpeg

IMG_8203.thumb.jpeg.b45330600e7afb4b58fea063ff7196b4.jpeg

IMG_8204.thumb.jpeg.a4b827fb16114118c15368f3b8719b45.jpeg

IMG_8205.thumb.jpeg.dfd8f26f1b1e5dc25c1e3bde3705c6c5.jpeg

IMG_8206.thumb.jpeg.5d34f78c84ac3b9903ab32d0dd4a3ef6.jpeg

IMG_8207.thumb.jpeg.424e91cda7b3c6b1ec739ad3c9a37c43.jpeg

IMG_8208.thumb.jpeg.9b1bd76f90b53a33e856eade1d63c093.jpeg

not sure about everyone else but, i couldn’t go to dinner, knowing i had to pack all my bags 😂 so i did about 85% before we went to dinner. 

tomorrow is always a journey because of hauling all the luggage and queuing up to walk off. i don’t feel like i take a deep breath until we clear security and hit the united club. 

J accidentally turned off the master switch so when we came back from dinner the room was stuffy 😅

thankfully it is cooling down fast. 

i have leftover smartfood and chips that i am not sure will make it home. i will probably give ATM (our stateroom attendant) the unopened bag of chips. if he doesn’t eat them, maybe he can trade them to someone who does?? 

thankfully we took care of everyone’s tips last night (we usually aim for the last formal night/night 6 to tip) which freed us up to just wander aimlessly. 

for now, i am looking forward to getting into pajamas and hopefully getting some rest before the long haul that is tomorrow. 💚

You are making me want portside.  But I notice they tend to have an extra Aqua show on cruises now......which is great. Because the weather and waves have been hit or miss.

I found so many " I'm here for the shenanigans " shirts. I am deciding what kind I want to order. Will definitely be there for Alaska but maybe not for may......maybe🤣😂😂😂

Aslo the short attire.......I am always 😱. I have definitely seen plenty of wardrobe malfunctions. Truthfully these past 3 cruises were the most amount of nudity I have seen on a cruise. It's like people don't care.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

But I notice they tend to have an extra Aqua show on cruises now......which is great. Because the weather and waves have been hit or miss.

On ours in October, the weather canceled almost every one or cut them short, so they threw two "partial shows" together on the last night so people could at least see SOME of it. It was a very abbreviated version, basically all of the swimming, none of the diving.

we got in the elevator at around 6:45, hit deck 5 at 6:50 and they had us snaking around outside on the deck immediately. 

we were walking off with my collective 100+ lbs of luggage (best believe i took home 6 evians) and through customs by 7:05. 

the longest part of this morning’s disembarkation was waiting five minutes for the lyft driver. 

because we were SO early, there was zero traffic and we were at the airport in 31 minutes. 

we are so early we can’t even check in for our flight. 

and now i work on my trio of beverages… 

IMG_8235.jpeg

IMG_8228.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

You are making me want portside.

this is the way!!

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I found so many " I'm here for the shenanigans " shirts. I am deciding what kind I want to order

i can’t wait for this!!

10 hours ago, ScottD said:

The aqua show song!

YES!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I think I actually spit when I tried this time. 🤦‍♂️ The doggo in this room with me even popped her head up and gave me side eye for disturbing her, LOL.

😎💀😆 it was worth a try hahahaha

11 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Just catching up but love those mini towel animals!

they are the cutest!!! @WAAAYTOOO is right, i love and prefer the minis!!!

9 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

Love a surprise Aqua show!

oh yes 😎

32 minutes ago, Sweety said:

CPS (Chicago Public School) has made changes to our school calendar. Spring break is in March for the next two years. Cheaper cruises. Woohoo!

HUZZAH!!

22 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Disembarking sucks. Getting off the ship is depressing especially when you are the. Facing a flight. Enjoyed the blog, safe travels. 

it truly is the worst day 😩 but thank you for coming along!!

8 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

it truly is the worst day

#understatement

Safe travels and thanks again for sharing!

My past blogs have always been so long-winded. I'm trying to learn from you and the other regular bloggers here and hope to share brief comments with a few pics (mostly food/drink obviously) at random times rather than long recaps of each day. Step one is actually taking pics, lol.

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

#understatement

Safe travels and thanks again for sharing!

My past blogs have always been so long-winded. I'm trying to learn from you and the other regular bloggers here and hope to share brief comments with a few pics (mostly food/drink obviously) at random times rather than long recaps of each day. Step one is actually taking pics, lol.

Just realized will be on ships at the same time in July (we leave on 7\18).  I'll probably do a brief blog, as it'll be a new ship (to me)  and island for me, but we are still on the fence about wifi since we'll be in port for almost 2 full days out of the 5. I assume we'll get one device for the kid, it's just easier if we decide to do an adult night out and he hangs in the room or wants to roam around a little- he likes to video chat with his friends to show off the ships, lol.