diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I was a teenager in the 90s so I live and I do mean live for my grunge music minus nirvana and pearl jam, so when I hear Alice in chains or soundgarden (my absolute 😍) I am happy......which is the opposite of the music I love. But I noticed on Wonder that some 2000s were being played and I just assumed it was because Wonder was newer/better than the other 🤣😂😂🤣.

TEENAGER IN THE 90S!!!! I feel this so much. I write the date I get books on the inside cover and my students mock the ones that are pre-2000 because THEY WEREN'T BORN YET. 😮

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some of us previntages are children of the 90's! Glad you're enjoying it though. Anything but the Perfect Day song and I can deal. 🤣

After our first cruise to PDCC, I came home and sat down at the piano one night to play the PDCC song. My teens and my spouse immediately recognized it and started SCREAMING "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" and forced me to stop. Like, literally closed the lid on my hands. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I was a teenager in the 90s so I live and I do mean live for my grunge music minus nirvana and pearl jam, so when I hear Alice in chains or soundgarden (my absolute 😍) I am happy

I somehow skipped over your post earlier. Black Hole Sun seems to pop up on a TV show every now and again (either a cover or the original) and brings me right back. Peter Frampton covered it with his son on a crappy Fox reality show recently (I watch some bad TV, sue me).

8 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

After our first cruise to PDCC, I came home and sat down at the piano one night to play the PDCC song. My teens and my spouse immediately recognized it and started SCREAMING "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" and forced me to stop. Like, literally closed the lid on my hands. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

i’m crying at this 🤣😅😂 poor bill withers 

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some of us previntages are children of the 90's! 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I was a teenager in the 90s so I live and I do mean live for my grunge music minus nirvana and pearl jam, so when I hear Alice in chains or soundgarden (my absolute 😍

Count me in with the 90s crowd! I was also a teenager in the 90s but my heart is happy when I hear NKOTB! Imagine that on the pool deck or promenade?! My heart would be so happpy! lol

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

my heart is happy when I hear NKOTB!

Maybe they can play them on the suite sun deck for ya. That is clearly NOT the 90s music I had in mind, lol.

TBF, my wife went to one of those throwback concerts a few years ago (without me of course). I think it was like NKOTB, Debbie Gibson, Salt N Peppa, and I forget who else.

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I love Debbie Gibson too! Electric Youth! ❤️😂

Yes! I remember practicing Lost in Your Eyes over and over on the piano so I could play it - I love it so much.

38 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

My first concert ever was Duncan Sheik. Am I showing my age? 🧙‍♂️

Mine was Morrisey, although he is still recording so I don't know if that dates me... I recently went to see The Cure with a friend from high school - it was very nostalgic.

so i’m so out of it from lack of sleep 😂 that we lined up and waited for the doors to open at 5pm and then walked over to the podium to ask the host where to sit because we didn’t know where to go. 

i showed her my seapass card and she said, “my dear, you are on deck 4. your table is on deck 3. you need to go down another level.”

😅😅😅😅😅

also tagging @WAAAYTOOO — J just asked me what the chocolate beverage is that you normally drink? i was thinking chocolate martini? i can’t remember 💚

38 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

so i’m so out of it from lack of sleep 😂 that we lined up and waited for the doors to open at 5pm and then walked over to the podium to ask the host where to sit because we didn’t know where to go. 

i showed her my seapass card and she said, “my dear, you are on deck 4. your table is on deck 3. you need to go down another level.”

😅😅😅😅😅

also tagging @WAAAYTOOO — J just asked me what the chocolate beverage is that you normally drink? i was thinking chocolate martini? i can’t remember 💚

Probably a mud slide.  That sounds so good right now.  We just finished dinner...

You need a proper rest. The fact that you wondered about in jammies tells you something........ sun and rest. Get some extra blankets and drag a chair from the deck to your balcony......j/k.......but sadly I have seen it done. 

What theme is night 4? Is the food even worth it? Maybe order room service and conk out. 

Side note I love 80s music, my first concert was GNR and I was too young to remember much but man was Axl Rose purty as a youth😍..........I mean truthfully he is still okay as a vintage 🤣 😂

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

minus nirvana and pearl jam, so

Oh..lol... I've seen Pearl Jam over 50x in concert, in the late 90s I followed them around the East Coast like a Grateful dead fan.  I was also a dj here in Philly at the popular modern rock/alternative radio station for a few years so I LOVE all the 90s grunge and rock stuff.

47 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Probably a mud slide.  That sounds so good right now.  We just finished dinner...

i will pass this along!!

we ALSO just finished dinner and i am in bed 😂

44 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's a lot more fun and previntage than a chocolate martini. Unless J is a secret agent... then get the martini.

i’m cackling at the thought of J being a secret agent hahahaha

21 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

You need a proper rest. The fact that you wondered about in jammies tells you something........ sun and rest

you know me too well 💚 i didn’t even out this together until you said it. yes. i need sleep. 💚😴

22 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Get some extra blankets and drag a chair from the deck to your balcony......j/k.......but sadly I have seen it done. 

OMG. ….OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragging it this far down the corridor would be beyond insane though 😂

23 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

What theme is night 4? Is the food even worth it? Maybe order room service and conk out. 

it was italian night; i felt bad because there was no going to dinner properly last night and i didn’t want to deprive J of another dinner. 

i actually skipped lunch today (wow i really do need rest) so i was looking forward to cheese rolls and soup, if nothing else. 

we had a very speedy dinner, for which, i was extremely grateful as i am fading fast. 

the head waiter came over and introduced himself to us as well — he had called yesterday to inquire where we had been — and was extremely courteous and accommodating. he told us to call him or just ask for him moving forward and they will always find us a table for two. he was extremely gracious, truly we were blown away by how accommodating they were being.

we were the ones who threw the wrench in the works, wanting to be alone, after all 😅😂

it was italian night; being italian and having some (arguably to me) the best italian at home in NJ, i decided to play it safe. 

i ordered the minestrone soup for the broth for my throat, a caesar (no croutons, dressing on the side), kids spaghetti marinara and my beloved lemon tart.

IMG_8116.thumb.jpeg.d94551d2e346a7e4b523582e8fc6ff01.jpeg

IMG_8117.thumb.jpeg.0bba1f0d036087d5e72ccff4dc0af3be.jpeg

J ordered the arancini, the caesar, the filet of fish (not to be confused with mc donald’s filet-o-fish 😆) and the lemon tart.

i was afraid the arancini wouldn’t hold a candle to the ones at jamie’s, which is why i didn’t get them… J confirmed they paled in comparison. alas.

after dinner we came RIGHT back to the cabin and i was extremely grateful we did not have to stay out for night service and that we could waltz right in. 💚 

IMG_8110.thumb.jpeg.e5c41c43f9e15b469f9902180a37dab5.jpeg

a tiny small friend 🥰

and now!!!! i can read quietly and lay flat and relax. 

labadee tomorrow! weather should be solid. ☀️

random stairwell art that i thought were blueberries 😂

IMG_8114.jpeg

47 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

we had a very speedy dinner, for which, i was extremely grateful as i am fading fast. 

the head waiter came over and introduced himself to us as well — he had called yesterday to inquire where we had been — and was extremely courteous and accommodating. he told us to call him or just ask for him moving forward and they will always find us a table for two. he was extremely gracious, truly we were blown away by how accommodating they were being.

we were the ones who threw the wrench in the works, wanting to be alone, after all 😅😂

it was italian night; being italian and having some (arguably to me) the best italian at home in NJ, i decided to play it safe. 

i ordered the minestrone soup for the broth for my throat, a caesar (no croutons, dressing on the side), kids spaghetti marinara and my beloved lemon tart.

IMG_8116.thumb.jpeg.d94551d2e346a7e4b523582e8fc6ff01.jpeg

IMG_8117.thumb.jpeg.0bba1f0d036087d5e72ccff4dc0af3be.jpeg

J ordered the arancini, the caesar, the filet of fish (not to be confused with mc donald’s filet-o-fish 😆) and the lemon tart.

i was afraid the arancini wouldn’t hold a candle to the ones at jamie’s, which is why i didn’t get them… J confirmed they paled in comparison. alas.

after dinner we came RIGHT back to the cabin and i was extremely grateful we did not have to stay out for night service and that we could waltz right in. 💚 

IMG_8110.thumb.jpeg.e5c41c43f9e15b469f9902180a37dab5.jpeg

a tiny small friend 🥰

and now!!!! i can read quietly and lay flat and relax. 

labadee tomorrow! weather should be solid. ☀️

random stairwell art that i thought were blueberries 😂

IMG_8114.jpeg

I love the delicious wall art.

3 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

I recently went to a Love the 90's tour that had Young MC, Color Me Badd, Tone Loc, Sugarhill Gang, Rob Base, and Vanilla Ice perform.  It was pretty awesome.  

LOL! Hubby and I went to the same concert back in the summer of 2019! Just a few of the acts have changed but his favourite (Vanilla Ice) is still there.

I love Candlebox!!!

I am a temple of the dog fan but for some reason I can't actively listen to pearl jam. Yes I know their songs, just like nirvana but they aren't apart of my Playlist.

Sorry to bogart your thread @asquared17 but it seems to happen one way or another.....speaking of. On Allure they were offering IV therapy. You might want to see what's going on, on Oasis.

The aracini doesn't hold a candle to Jamie's and that lemon tart continues to disappoint. But I am glad you might get your much needed rest tonight.

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

LOL! Hubby and I went to the same concert back in the summer of 2019! Just a few of the acts have changed but his favourite (Vanilla Ice) is still there.

Vanilla Ice was great. He went off about how kids nowadays have no idea how to go outside and have fun and listen to great music. 

37 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Sorry to bogart your thread @asquared17 but it seems to happen one way or another

i actually love it when this happens. 🥰

it’s kind of like having you all over for a dinner party and watching everyone having a good time. 

i can think of no greater compliment 💚

37 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

On Allure they were offering IV therapy. You might want to see what's going on, on Oasis.

i forgot to mention!! we checked this out on day one. the crew member insisted that because it was pure vitamins/minerals, there was no room for a reaction. 

i even gently enquired about people responding poorly to the IV but she insisted it was not a problem. 

given that there was a dude hooked up to an IV just chilling there like a live experiment, i elected not to push further; it seemed uncouth.

but again; are they just giving such low amounts of minerals that it CAN’T affect someone adversely? or are they just hoping that it never will (and it hasn’t so far?) 

anyone can react to anything. you push your IV drip to go too fast and you’ll get dizzy as hell and your blood sugar will get all wonky. 

meanwhile she’s telling us that you can go and drink alcohol directly before and directly after — as if this is a selling point.

….MAAM. if i drink alcohol before, it will dehydrate me, which will make it harder for you to find a juicy vein to stab me with. 

what on EARTH.

the lemon tart could have had less meringue tbh but i was just glad to have some lemony goodness that i didn’t care  😂

we are doing 18.8 knots at present but the seas are like a flat calm compared to 3am this morning.

i am going to try and sleep, and pray that this sore throat can kindly get the heck out of here, as i simply have no time to be sick. 💚

goodnight, friends!!

10 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Intrigued while reading about everyone’s early morning adventures…I decided I will finally check this out myself.  I typically do not wake up before 6:30 (when cruising) but during my May cruise I will definitely grab a few early morning walkabouts.  
That’s the beauty of reading the live blog section!  I get so much information which builds my curiosity.  Thanks for the mentions!  

Early morning is such a great time on the ship, its quiet and peaceful.   On Non-Oasis class ships, I like to run on the track (above the pool deck) and enjoy seeing the ship workers go about their business and the amateur photographers outside trying to catch the sunrise.   Once the sun comes up, the sunbathers and their chair hog relatives start magically appeariing to stake out their spot for the day.

10 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

The 90's gets no love! 😠 They have 70's and 80's events and somehow the 2000's is lumped in with current music.

Some of us previntages are children of the 90's! Glad you're enjoying it though. Anything but the Perfect Day song and I can deal. 🤣

80's gets the most love for a reason.  

At least they aren't playing the Wash your Hands song nonstop anymore

16 hours ago, asquared17 said:

and requested a refund for our beach club “excursion” since we did not even get to eat lunch before the call to return to the ship had come. 

You had to seriously ask for that?! It wasn't automatic? 

NCL is the premier nickel and dime cruise line, but even we were auto refunded our cabana any time we had to leave Great Stirrup Cay early. 

3 hours ago, Va4fam said:

80's gets the most love for a reason.  

Amen! I was feeling left out with all these teens of the 90s nonsense! Hmpph!

Not that i don't love me some 90s music, but 80s is the best. 

I remember teaching my high school seniors the day Kurt Cobain died and i honestly thought it would provoke a modicum of emotion from them. One asked, "who's that?" Another said, "who cares." I hung my head in shame and moved on to Shakespearean sonnets .....

good morning from labadee!!

i mostly slept, although our neighbors (who have up til this point been relatively quiet) were ROWDY on the balcony at 3am, pulling me out of a sound sleep. 

as i laid there, contemplating the best course of action, i wondered, were we perhaps cursed? 

and then a bolt of inspiration struck me!!!!

we had the balcony light. 

so i reached my arm up in the dark and clicked our balcony light on and then off slowly — maybe about 5 or 6 times — and their shouting gradually dwindled. 

a minute later, someone exited the cabin and there was silence. 

now, this begs the question(s):

were they simply having a good time and… lost track of time?

were the swingers? (i have seen no pineapples on the door)

were they perhaps nocturnal? (we rarely hear from them during the day)

the world may never know. 

my sore throat feels like it has crept slightly higher (from the back closer to the roof of my mouth) and into some congestion. (not that yall signed up for this play by play) 

today we will take advantage of the sun and i will continue drinking tea. 

maybe get a smoothie from the vitality spa to soothe. 

IMG_8120.jpeg

Handled, beautifully and with class. I hope you feel better asap! 

The lack of awareness of other passengers is REAL. Since sailing has been back it's like all sorts of cruise etiquette has sailed away. If this is February, it gives me pause when it comes to summer sailings with over capacity ships. 

There should be a mandatory but friendly cruise etiquette reminder video sent to every passenger before embarkation, humph!* ode to @SweetPea

Seriously though, I hope you have the BEST day in Labadee, I really love my days there. 

26 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

my sore throat feels like it has crept slightly higher (from the back closer to the roof of my mouth) and into some congestion. (not that yall signed up for this play by play) 

today we will take advantage of the sun and i will continue drinking tea. 

maybe get a smoothie from the vitality spa to soothe. 

Feel better. My wife has frequent congestion issues. Just stay away from dairy in the smoothie.

I love how this blog took a quick turn to my childhood. I'm also a teen from the 90's. This made me go down a rabbit hole of all my favorite music videos on YouTube. 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

his favourite (Vanilla Ice) is still there.

This made me legit laugh for a few minutes. There HAS to be a picture of hubby rocking this type of outfit.....

300-VanillaIce-010190-jpg_233121.jpg.4d0e061b401f97b8a3e57a7a65688899.jpg

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

now, this begs the question(s):

were they simply having a good time and… lost track of time?

were the swingers? (i have seen no pineapples on the door)

were they perhaps nocturnal? (we rarely hear from them during the day)

perhaps this is best left unanswered.......

Have a great time on Labadee. Hopefully Mother Nature took her midol.....sorry for the sexist joke....but really.....she better behave today for you. 

11 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Early morning is such a great time on the ship, its quiet and peaceful.

THIS!!! 100 percent agree 💚

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Handled, beautifully and with class. I hope you feel better asap!

thank you! 💚💚 we had some light breakfast (first breakfast 😂) and i am sipping lemon ginger tea on the pool deck. it is a peaceful time. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Feel better. My wife has frequent congestion issues. Just stay away from dairy in the smoothie.

yes, good call; i would probably have them make it with almond milk. i don’t even use regular milk in my coffee. 

21 minutes ago, GregD said:

perhaps this is best left unanswered.......

i laughed so hard at this 🤣🤣🤣🤣

and YES we hope the weather straightens out today and CHILLS. 

IMG_8123.thumb.jpeg.06c8dc6ed13a6d91779dd12d44282ed2.jpeg

next up: 

my cup clip. my dad made fun of me and said i was a sucker for buying it but no sooner had i texted him a picture of it, telling him not to be jealous… when someone came over out of the wild blue and touched my cup clip!!! “where did you buy??”

me: amazon!!

her: 😔 i was hoping on the ship 

later, me to J: we should just buy a couple extra and sell them on board. that’s probably legal, right? 🤣