diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

in a surprising turn of events, ELF was slammed at 1:05pm (opened at 1) so i diverted to the jammer. 

chicken fingers and fries it is, my friends. 

IMG_7975.thumb.jpeg.dcce8c8d20c03e805a1329387fb64945.jpeg

i’ve also never seen solarium chairs in the wave pool before???

IMG_7971.thumb.jpeg.fa7a01ad447a78b22d825c2b77c1eda7.jpeg

can confirm my beloved honey biscuits are aboard. J brought me one when she returned with her breakfast hours ago, which i happily devoured. 

IMG_7974.thumb.jpeg.837a586f9271e789dcc6f5993a7a71b9.jpeg

2 hours ago, GregD said:

I filled out your entertainment schedule for you

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i just laughed so loudly that the entire pool deck stared at me 😆💀😂

No! Trust me, if Simeon is on board, go see him. It's worth it! I totally forget what One Sky is like. And in other news, the freeloaders and Hubby want to see Cats again! 😣

it just started raining SIDEWAYS. 

thankfully i had seen the storm and looked at J to initiate for us to leave and return to our room. i’d put a jumpsuit outside to let the sun and potential humidity get rid of some of the wrinkles, so i needed to go back and rescue it. 

got here just in time!!!!! 

it’s about 20 mins after (we lost wifi and everything) — the captain on the ascent got on the PA and told everyone to clear the deck — and now it seems to be just raining normally. …”normally” aka vertical rain 😂

my dad was watching on the nassau webcam and said it got so bad you couldn’t even see the ships. 😳😱😳

it’s hard to tell from the videos but… WOOF. 

moments before disaster struck!

IMG_7977.jpeg

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

also they brought us the diamond plus snack amenity — two choco strawberries and two small krispy treats — and then i dropped them on the ground trying to move them from the table to the counter. 

rip in pieces. 

so....I'm guessing the germaphobe in you doesn't do the 5 second rule? lol..

5 hours ago, asquared17 said:

the mac and cheese was disturbingly good AND the bbq chicken was outstanding. i don’t know why we all sleep on portside. we can definitely do dinner there again. 

also mine (the chicken + mac) was a KIDS PORTION. 

like. c’mon. 😎

Portside is so good!! I could eat there all week and be happy.....well, except I still need night 1 fillet in CK

okay so the afternoon was a literal wash with the rain BUT we have sailaway champagne!!!

and even though i was late getting back to the cabin, i saw ascent’s aft as she sailed off into the distance. this is the second time we’ve been in port with her. 

tonite i think we will try to go to the aqua show. i feel awake enough that we can do that, after our dining room shenanigans. 

but let me explain…. 

originally i had us signed up for my time dining. somehow, the time was set for 7:15. and that…. would not do. 

so i asked our travel agent to get us into the early seating. the early seating was listed at 5:45 in the cruise compass. PERFECT. we could roll in just before six pm and eat like civilized humans. 

somehow the early seating was full but she put us on the waitlist. 

yeaterday we came here to arrange the dining situation, they told us, no problem, you are in for the 5pm early seating. 

okay. news to me, but no problem. 

our only request was to have a table for two.

its not that we CAN’T talk to fellow cruisers, its more like we are fried from working full time in customer facing roles and prefer quieter evenings. ( @WAAAYTOOO and dan being the exceptions to this; and obvs all of you here!! 💚)

in any case!!!!!!

yesterday we were told that we were seated with another couple but we could potentially request a table for two once everything we settled. since we planned to go to portside for dinner, and told them as much, that was fine. 

fast forward to today. we came to deck 5. pleaded our case. they said okay but you have to go to deck three. 

we figured the seating info in our seapass referred to our MTD arrangement so we came to 5, but no problem. we obediently went down to deck three. 

stood in line, pled our case again. they sent us to another station. we explained AGAIN. the crew member’s eyes started to look a bit panicked as he told us to go back to deck 5c insisting that they would accommodate us up there. 

me: we just came from deck 5, but it’s totally fine!! we’re happy to go back!! no worries at all!!

crew member: thank you so much. ask for the manager. his name is ***. 

me to J as we walked back to the elevator: i’m starting to feel like a human ping pong ball. 🤪😅😂

we go back up to 5. find the crew behind the station. start explaining again. my eyes alight on the manager’s name tag. i say, “you are just the man we are looking for!! they said you would be able to accommodate us down on deck three!”

he says, “no problem,” and gestures for us to wait in the seating next to the MDR and explains we will not be able to be seated until 5:25 each night. 

me: PERFECT! do you need us to come even later? because we will!!! 

J: [trying to slink off in the face of my enthusiasm for a slightly later dining time] 

we sit for no more than three minutes, they come back to get us, and walk us to the little circle cove in the back of the MDR. there is a two top nestled next to the wall. 

THERE IS A LITERAL WALL BETWEEN ME AND HUMANITY. 

i could not be more delighted 😅🤣

and thus, we ate. 

after dinner, we went to guest services to make note of the fact that the light above our cabin in the hallway is out. when i mentioned to ATM, he said it’s been like that since last week 😳

we then ventured to 8, for another champagne for me from vintages. 🍾

IMG_8008.thumb.jpeg.fbb7d50aa04976956db7b66dae1aed4e.jpeg

on our way through central park to go aft, we saw the stowaway piano player!!!!

IMG_8009.thumb.jpeg.84ee46b8d59d12be27d08124fef67fea.jpeg

update: they have removed the chairs from deck 7 overlooking the aqua theater 😩

i took a chance and sat on the (wet) wooden rounder anyway 😂

IMG_8011.thumb.jpeg.19358292ebe5d58f9f2b6b077cbd6ed3.jpegIMG_8010.thumb.jpeg.d93358102343dc46acc6ab7f2da41912.jpeg

and now it’s aqua 80 time!!!!!!

We had a pretty similar MDR situation on Allure in October. I'm sure I mentioned it. We were switched from early seating to MTD (allegedly due to IT incompetence) and wound up being told to show up at 5:15 every night and we'd be seated shortly. Worked out just fine. Hope it continues to go smoothly for you.

52 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

THERE IS A LITERAL WALL BETWEEN ME AND HUMANITY. 

i could not be more delighted 😅🤣

and thus, we ate. 

Sounds like the perfect table! 

I am going to pretend I didn't see that Aqua80 photo......

I should also mention, any time I'm in the car with my son, and The Power of Love comes on my radio, he makes me change the station because "its not the same without the aqua theater." 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

I should also mention, any time I'm in the car with my son, and The Power of Love comes on my radio, he makes me change the station because "its not the same without the aqua theater." 

this is one smart kid!!!! huey lewis is MEANT for the aqua show!!!!

we typically watch the aqua show on the port side, deck 7. usually there are chairs there; i don’t think we’ve ever seen the show from the starboard side, which was interesting as it gave me a different perspective when they would send things out from the section by the rock wall, and also i could crane my neck up to the tip top and see the lighting and sound booth, which was pretty cool.

our family works in live events/production, so i tend to pay more attention to that at times than the show itself 😂 thankfully the aqua show more than held my attention.

there are even newer elements and things that weren’t here when we saw it last…. oh gosh was that 2019? 😅😬😂

i will say, without reservation, aqua 80 is the very best of them all. 

the other aqua shows are very good, but the music in aqua 80 and the engagement is so delightful and easy to follow. there’s no obscure storyline to try and make sense of. it’s just pure FUN. 

between the stunning lighting and aerial work, the dives and the water effects too — i don’t really understand how this would translate to the smaller, enclosed dome on icon.

i am sure it is impressive, but there is something to be said about the magic of the open air aqua theater and the starry night sky.

you truly cannot beat it.

just magical. ✨ 

IMG_8013.jpeg

IMG_8012.jpeg

IMG_8025.jpeg

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

wound up being told to show up at 5:15 every night and we'd be seated shortly. Worked out just fine. Hope it continues to go smoothly for you

they told us to go back to deck three tomorrow night at 5 and we’d be at a table for two 😅 so i guess we will see what happens!

7 hours ago, GregD said:

Sounds like the perfect table! 

I am going to pretend I didn't see that Aqua80 photo......

Ha...my son says "it's the aqua show song" every time we hear Purple Rain on the radio! Yes, son....it's the aqua show song 🤣

Also, @asquared17 they must love when they get actual, normal human beings that act like normal human beings when little glitches like the dinner arrangements occur. I guarantee all of the interactions with stuff like that don't go that nicely, people yelling, asking for managers, asking for freebies.... it's got to be so relieving to them when they can actually resolve a simple issue without being screamed at.  They are so helpful and nice about everything, I cringe when I hear people talking down to them or yelling at them about stuff they have no control over, or is a very simple inconvenience. 

10 hours ago, asquared17 said:

they told us to go back to deck three tomorrow night at 5 and we’d be at a table for two 😅 so i guess we will see what happens!

Yep, that’s exactly what we did although I can’t remember which deck. I think it may have been 5. We had different servers each of the 3 nights we ate there but that was fine with us as long as we had a 2-top. It was only a 5N cruise.

10 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

we are coming into PDCC - i do love seeing it all lit up.

and once again, i think we will have poor weather 😔

this is why i much prefer it as our last day of the cruise 😞

I hope it improves for ya! We prefer day 2… I’m pretty full by the last day & fear I couldn’t eat as much snack shack food. 🤣

we had the same issue with MDR on our Liberty cruise, got bounced from floor to floor 3 times before a manager gave us a card because we were polite and was not screaming at him like a few other folks. So every night at 5:25pm we stood beside a podium and they came and got us, although it was a different table everynight we had a great experience from every server.

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

SO agree with you re: Aqua80s.  By far the best AT show.  The musical arrangement is the BEST.

nothing else comes close, in my opinion 💚

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

Also, @asquared17 they must love when they get actual, normal human beings that act like normal human beings when little glitches like the dinner arrangements occur.

i agree. i think if you work in customer service/retail/food service, you go one of two ways. 

1) you’re entitled and you want things a certain way because you know it can be done. 

2) you know what can be done and you remember what it feels like when someone is demanding it, so you do everything in your power NOT to be that person. 

i strive really hard for the second choice, because who is it serving to throw down??? i only “throw down” when repeated human interactions are met with a brick wall of indifference and a lack of action. it has to be really horrendous for it to get to that point though. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

REMEMBER THE FUNNEL CAKE!!!

yes!! our lunch is pushed back til 12:45 (a first for us) so i will have to get the cake before then i think. 

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This picture is awesome!  Hope the weather improves!  🙏 

thank you!! we hope so too. 💚 even if we just get sunshine from 9-1 that would be acceptable 😅 (me, bargaining with the weather 😆)

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

my son says "it's the aqua show song" every time we hear Purple Rain on the radio! Yes, son....it's the aqua show song 🤣

I AM DYING 😆😆😆😆 purple rain the aqua show song GOODBYE 😆😆😆😆

(he’s not wrong though 🤣)

1 hour ago, Robert M said:

we had the same issue with MDR on our Liberty cruise, got bounced from floor to floor 3 times before a manager gave us a card because we were polite and was not screaming at him like a few other folks. So every night at 5:25pm we stood beside a podium and they came and got us, although it was a different table everynight we had a great experience from every server.

honestly we would prefer this because then we’re not sitting down til like 5:30 and eating just before 6. this works for us. we don’t mind the walking (human ping pong balls 😂) but it certainly is a journey. 

we were just so happy they could accommodate us; we really were pleased to wait. whenever was easier for them. we are on vacation, after all. 😎

2 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i strive really hard for the second choice, because who is it serving to throw down??? i only “throw down” when repeated human interactions are met with a brick wall of indifference and a lack of action. it has to be really horrendous for it to get to that point though.

Agreed. Just show me that you are doing what you can to come up with a solution. We're low maintenance and I'm pretty non-confrontational but at some point...

5 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

our lunch is pushed back til 12:45 (a first for us) so i will have to get the cake before then i think

Before, after, both... whatever works.

Beach Club lunch? Sorry if I missed you mentioning your plans.

42 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

nothing else comes close, in my opinion 💚

@WAAAYTOOO and @asquared17, I am really looking forward to seeing the complete Aqua80 show. The last time we sailed OA (March 2022), it was cancelled so many times and they only showed part of the production, it was a mess. But I remember they had some really good songs. However, Aqua Nation (Icon) might take the prize for the best musical arrangement for us. It will be interesting to compare.

33 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Beach Club lunch? Sorry if I missed you mentioning your plans.

well i did forget to mention them 😆

we are at the beach club today, having gotten passes for black friday. 

after waking up in time to see us back in, it wasn’t long before freedom arrived next to us. 

when we walked off around 8 this morning, i turned to J and asked, “where are raye and dan????” @WAAAYTOOO 💚

we always take the walk to the beach club instead of the tram, and it was pleasantly quiet by the time we arrived. 

our favorite set of 4 seats at the water’s edge were available, and as i type this, the sun is FIGHTING to come out. 

IMG_8038.jpeg

16 hours ago, asquared17 said:

the early seating was listed at 5:45 in the cruise compass. PERFECT. we could roll in just before six pm and eat like civilized vintages at a Blue Light Special. 

Fixed it for you .... 🥰

In all seriousness, Batman and I agree with you on wanting to eat alone. But what they put you through sounds a bit ridic. You said human ping pong. I was envisioning Monkey in the Middle where that dining time with a table of 2 was just out of reach until Deck 3 got tired of playing and threw you a hint. 😆