Europe Summer 2025 Available

3 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I like the prices but I cannot book when the Cruise is $1,400 and the flight is $5,000 for economy class.

While we can’t see 2025 flights, flights for 2024 are running cheaper than that. 

We have a cruise out of Southampton in October 2024 and Delta Comfort Plus for the equivalent days in September is $2100.  Lufthansa Premium economy is actually bbookable for the dates we need at $3000.  Economy is much cheaper. 

After flying back from Rome in Economy recently, we said “never again”. 

To be fair, we live on the east coast, so that makes it cheaper than anyone west of us. 

Hoping there is more to come. No Arctic circle cruises, Brilliance was penciled in for Amsterdam. They canceled my Athens to Barcelona cruise this week

on Brilliance and replaced with Enchantment due to new IMO speed/fuel regulations. Now Brilliance is back doing similar cruises in 2025???

Anyone know when Celebrity releases their 2025 schedule...lol

2 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

Hoping there is more to come. No Arctic circle cruises, Brilliance was penciled in for Amsterdam. They canceled my Athens to Barcelona cruise this week

on Brilliance and replaced with Enchantment due to new IMO speed/fuel regulations. Now Brilliance is back doing similar cruises in 2025???

Anyone know when Celebrity releases their 2025 schedule...lol

image.png.7304b83168358796d07aa926b47bbbe7.png

8 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I like the prices but I cannot book when the Cruise is $1,400 and the flight is $5,000 for economy class.

I heard ya.  I recently got an Airline Miles card and with Summer ‘25 being so far out I’m going to book a cruise, with my Miles CC, and hope I’ll have enough points to cover at least some of my airfare (3 of us).  I don’t have many summers left when both my kids are still living in my house, so damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

image.png.7304b83168358796d07aa926b47bbbe7.png

We have only sailed on Royal Caribbean but would consider Celebrity if there were some Europe itineraries that we like better than what was just released for Royal in 2025. Does anyone have any insights that would be helpful for someone new to Celebrity. Is there someone like Matt or forums dedicated to Celebrity?

7 minutes ago, davidlap said:

We have only sailed on Royal Caribbean but would consider Celebrity if there were some Europe itineraries that we like better than what was just released for Royal in 2025. Does anyone have any insights that would be helpful for someone new to Celebrity. Is there someone like Matt or forums dedicated to Celebrity?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/forum/12-celebrity-silversea/

13 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Nobody is going to charge $5k for a standard economy ticket to Europe, even in the dead of summer, unless something crazy changes. Hell, I can book FAT-CDG or FAT-LHR (picked some random major European cities) on random dates in July, the height of 2024 tourist season, for less than $1600 roundtrip. On those same random dates/flights, if you drove up to SFO and did SFO-CDG or SFO-LHR, it's less than $1200 roundtrip. 

10 hours ago, teddy said:

To be fair, we live on the east coast, so that makes it cheaper than anyone west of us. 

Not always the case. Distances have little to do with cost when it comes to flights and it's based on demand and what the individual markets can handle, price wise. For example, I can book a roundtrip PHL-LHR-PHL roundtrip on May 4-18 (random) for the same price as LAX-LHR-LAX ($850ish, both examples nonstop on BA or AA, which essentially act as the same airline on Transatlantic flights). On the same dates, nonstop Air France flights BOS-CDG-BOS run roughly $500 more than nonstop Air France flights SFO-CDG-SFO.

I have missed something or something is missing. For APR 2025 to JUL 2025, there are no ships using Amsterdam or Copenhagen as a home port. 

I know there are issues with Amsterdam (I thought they would just use Rotterdam), but I was unaware of anything “Rotten in Denmark”.

Are there some others ships to still come?

Curt from Canada

10 hours ago, ScottD said:

It's actually a bigger ship overall, so they may feel it as an upgrade- plus it's a great ship. 

With Norwegian itineraries you need an inside pool, and also sailing to/from Southampton the weather is unpredictable, even in summer. We sailed IOTS to the Mediterranean from Southampton one August itinerary, and the first and last two days were rough near the bay of biscay. 

Having been on both I would definitely say AOTS is bigger than IOTS, better specialty restaurants and better shops.

IOTS is considerably older, than AOTS

1 hour ago, Zacharius said:

Not always the case. Distances have little to do with cost when it comes to flights and it's based on demand and what the individual markets can handle, price wise. For example, I can book a roundtrip PHL-LHR-PHL roundtrip on May 4-18 (random) for the same price as LAX-LHR-LAX ($850ish, both examples nonstop on BA or AA, which essentially act as the same airline on Transatlantic flights). On the same dates, nonstop Air France flights BOS-CDG-BOS run roughly $500 more than nonstop Air France flights SFO-CDG-SFO.

Interesting.  I just assumed it would be more expensive.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Traveling Mike said:

I just booked Comfort Plus on Delta for $1376 for  next May. And used airline points for one of them.  So on second free flight only paid taxes.   This year  in May I had  got tickets for under $1000 per person main cabin.    You just need to check around for flights once they open up and check with what the cruiseline can do for their flights too.   I always book my own though, and do better.  Check rates often, and usually on Tues or Wed.   I also will stay a day longer or before if rates are better for a certain day of the week.  As long as the savings are more than the cost of hotel room.  Flights open up for booking about 10 months in advance.   

On 11/10/2023 at 10:19 PM, Linda R said:

I just booked Comfort Plus on Delta for $1376 for  next May. And used airline points for one of them.  So on second free flight only paid taxes.   This year  in May I had  got tickets for under $1000 per person main cabin.    You just need to check around for flights once they open up and check with what the cruiseline can do for their flights too.   I always book my own though, and do better.  Check rates often, and usually on Tues or Wed.   I also will stay a day longer or before if rates are better for a certain day of the week.  As long as the savings are more than the cost of hotel room.  Flights open up for booking about 10 months in advance.   

Flights just opened today for my 9/2024 Greek Isles cruise from Rome. It’s $4,000 for 2 people Delta main cabin/economy. It’s been years since I’ve booked international flights, really hoping rates come down, even $500 less would be good.

12 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Flights just opened today for my 9/2024 Greek Isles cruise from Rome. It’s $4,000 for 2 people Delta main cabin/economy

Those the exactly around the same prices I am seeing for economy/main cabin flights to Barcelona and return from Rome. It's bad. I paid less for that for Premium Economy in the summer of 2022.

39 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You don't even want to know how much I am paying to go from DTW-FLL/MIA the next few months

No, I really don’t. It makes me feel bad for mentioning living close to PC or refusing to drive 3-4 hours to south Florida (even though one has nothing to do with the other).

On the plus side, I’m sure you’ll have a great time on every cruise (unless forced to step foot in a WJ).

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Those the exactly around the same prices I am seeing for economy/main cabin flights to Barcelona and return from Rome. It's bad. I paid less for that for Premium Economy in the summer of 2022.

$4,000 for the most basic seats. If you want a window seat, more leg room, additional perks it quickly adds to the cost. With these prices it’s probably the last trip we’ll ever take to Europe. 

5 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

$4,000 for the most basic seats. If you want a window seat, more leg room, additional perks it quickly adds to the cost. With these prices it’s probably the last trip we’ll ever take to Europe. 

You know, I'm glad it's not just me who thinking that exact same thing. I just told @Jax last week that I won't cancel our trip across the pond for July 2024 because it's our daughter's graduation trip. However, looking for flights for this trip has left me never wanting to go back again unless airfare settles. This will also be our last trip to Europe for some time.

18 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Flights just opened today for my 9/2024 Greek Isles cruise from Rome. It’s $4,000 for 2 people Delta main cabin/economy. It’s been years since I’ve booked international flights, really hoping rates come down, even $500 less would be good.

Just keep checking every couple days.   I am thinking you will get a better rate sooner or later.   I always chack as soon as they are available for a base cost.  Then keep checking over next couple months. 

I ended up booking a 9 night Spain/Portugal  balcony cabin on Independence out of Southampton with refundable deposit for September 2025 for just under $3000 including taxes and port fees total for the both of us, from our travel agent. Seemed like a win/win at this point. Was glad to grab what seemed such a good deal. 

3 hours ago, Kathleen said:

I ended up booking a 9 night Spain/Portugal  balcony cabin on Independence out of Southampton with refundable deposit for September 2025 for just under $3000 including taxes and port fees total for the both of us, from our travel agent. Seemed like a win/win at this point. Was glad to grab what seemed such a good deal. 

I’ve got $2810 for hubby and me “on hold” for Norwegian Fjords June 2025. Balcony. Waiting for celebrity to release then name a decision. 

I thought that price was very fair but flights might do us in lol 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You know, I'm glad it's not just me who thinking that exact same thing. I just told @Jax last week that I won't cancel our trip across the pond for July 2024 because it's our daughter's graduation trip. However, looking for flights for this trip has left me never wanting to go back again unless airfare settles. This will also be our last trip to Europe for some time.

I agree; airfare prices have been so discouraging. Like you, I booked this for our son’s grad trip right when Europe was released and got a pretty good deal but airfare has wiped that good deal away.  We are use to paying a premium to fly to Florida but I definitely was not expecting these prices to London. 

I set Google Flight alerts and "reprice" my Delta flights when it drops (sometimes by several hundred dollars) by switching back and forth between flight times or comfort + and main cabin. The savings goes towards ecredits. I am out of Tampa and fly into Heathrow, so I am fortunate to have enough flights running daily between Delta and Virgin to be able to do this. Unlike cruises, the best price on flights isn't when it first comes out so you need to keep an eye on it. This plus Skymiles takes a tiny bit of the sting off at these prices. I also fly in and out Tuesday or Wednesday when the prices are typically lower. 

1 hour ago, TessFromFlorida said:

I set Google Flight alerts and "reprice" my Delta flights when it drops (sometimes by several hundred dollars) by switching back and forth between flight times or comfort + and main cabin. The savings goes towards ecredits. I am out of Tampa and fly into Heathrow, so I am fortunate to have enough flights running daily between Delta and Virgin to be able to do this. Unlike cruises, the best price on flights isn't when it first comes out so you need to keep an eye on it. This plus Skymiles takes a tiny bit of the sting off at these prices. I also fly in and out Tuesday or Wednesday when the prices are typically lower. 

Totally agree with this. I have saved quite a bit from price drops as well on air. But I book through Air2Sea and re-price that way.

However, the most discouraging thing about going to Europe this coming summer (2024) is that even though I check every day, prices came out high and have not budged at all! I don't even know how that can be? Usually, air fluctuates here and there if you watch it daily (I do), but these particular flights that I need to Barcelona and return from Rome, have not moved in the slightest. To add to that, I've been pricing out leaving from two different airports, and both scenarios, the flight pricing has remained super high. I don't know what is happening except that at this point, flights for 4 people are costing me way more than the cruise itself. Which is sad.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Totally agree with this. I have saved quite a bit from price drops as well on air. But I book through Air2Sea and re-price that way.

However, the most discouraging thing about going to Europe this coming summer (2024) is that even though I check every day, prices came out high and have not budged at all! I don't even know how that can be? Usually, air fluctuates here and there if you watch it daily (I do), but these particular flights that I need to Barcelona and return from Rome, have not moved in the slightest. To add to that, I've been pricing out leaving from two different airports, and both scenarios, the flight pricing has remained super high. I don't know what is happening except that at this point, flights for 4 people are costing me way more than the cruise itself. Which is sad.

I had a price drop 3 weeks ago, but agree, other than that drop the price has stayed the same or has gone up. We sailed out of Civitavecchia this summer and our flight schedule was nutty to keep cost "low". TPA>LHR on Delta/Virgin, then through Chase Rewards,  LHR>ZRH>FCO Swiss, and on the way back SAS FCO>CPH>LHR, with the return on Delta to TPA. We are carry-on only. Chase Rewards does a great job of building flight schedules, for those who have access.

9 minutes ago, TessFromFlorida said:

I had a price drop 3 weeks ago, but agree, other than that drop the price has stayed the same or has gone up. We sailed out of Civitavecchia this summer and our flight schedule was nutty to keep cost "low". TPA>LHR on Delta/Virgin, then through Chase Rewards,  LHR>ZRH>FCO Swiss, and on the way back SAS FCO>CPH>LHR, with the return on Delta to TPA. We are carry-on only. Chase Rewards does a great job of building flight schedules, for those who have access.

Buy some Powerball tickets if you get through that itinerary on time.