sailing into an oasis for diamonds | 12.10.23-12.17.23 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

officially 45 days out!

J + i will return to oasis!

this will be my fourth time on her, and i think the second time for J. 🤔

we will BOTH be acheiving status by the end of this sailing; i will be D+ (huzzah!!) and J will finally be diamond! (i will no longer have to abandon her outside of a diamond lounge to nip in for a quick snack or coffee -- jk i wouldn't do this to her, but i would visit in the morning sometimes before she got up for the day.)

itinerary

MIA > nassau > PDCC > labadee > falmouth > MIA

some general details

• we will fly in and out of FLL because i loathe the MIA airport and vowed on our last trip, never. again.
  • we are in a junior suite, and i looked at the royal up bids for a grand but they are a bit out of our price range right now (even at the minimum bid). according to online, there is just availability for the ultimate panoramic and potentially one more JS avail, so i'm not even sure how much capacity is left tbh.
  • due to my mad skills, we have some absolutely absurd amount of OBC to burn through. between the next cruise credit, the amex credit, and credit from our TA, it's almost equal to some cruise fare. i borderline feel guilty about it.
    • even with all that OBC, i am still waiting til the black friday sale to purchase a few things -- likely PDCC beach club passes, internet, and perhaps ONE evian water package each.
  • this is a sailing that was impacted by premier pass shenanigans, so i do have that extra $50 OBC floating around in the cruise planner
  • we are BACK on oasis for the SAME EXACT ITINERARY in february. 😅 i was desperate to get the heck out of dodge and it was the cheapest of the sailings, so we go again!
    • which will bring me up to a total of five times on oasis and three times for J 😂

other interesting things to note

• i am going on a last-minute family cruise next month on windstar prior to this + it is MUCH smaller in capacity and offerings. i fear i may be in for a bit of culture shock once onboard the smaller ship and then again when back on an O-class.
  • it's been so long since i've had portside bbq, i hope it is still as delicious as i remember!
  • no plans to get off in nassau or falmouth, but we do enjoy a nice beach day on labadee and of course PDCC. we find some of the most relaxing ship days are when we stay aboard while in port.
  • i recently got a slightly smaller suitcase and will be trying to cram everything inside. wish me the best. hoping i can downsize a bit this time around.
  • also we have normal-time flights the day before (none of this fly + sail same day noise 😅) so hopefully i will actually get some sleep the night before and not be an anxious wreck!! (just grown up things, am i right?)
  • I ORDERED NEW DUCKS AND THEY ARE SO FUN!!! i am excited to bring some of these along this time, but thankfully we have enough of our ducking cards from previous trips. i could hug past-me for making the tags without a date so that we can use on all of our sailings.

welp that should be it for now. will commence with packing lists and outfitting, the closer we get to our trip. 💚

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

this is a sailing that was impacted by premier pass shenanigans

🤣🤣❤️❤️❤️😁😆 #PremierePassPeepsForever

also we have normal-time flights the day before (none of this fly + sail same day noise

Hmpph, still trying to understand your need to fly at all.  But that's just me.  😁😁😁

i could hug past-me for making the tags without a date so that we can use on all of our sailings.

I did the dateless tag thing too in anticipation of future ducking. If they weren't signed SweetPea & Batman, I'd send you some of the $70 stash I'm about to trash.... Of course, of all my homies here, you're the one who would most appreciate the Taylor Ham v. Pork Roll admonishment. 😋😍

Nice!! Have some port side for me, since I'm 0-2 in trying it! 😂

Genius idea with the dateless tags! I threw out about 30 from our January Oasis cruise because I never used all of the ducks, but filled out all of the tags. 

Love that the premier pass fiasco is still paying dividends! lol... I had some OBC for my next one from NextCruise and just used it for that Pasta day sale, got lunch for the 3 of us at Giovanni's table for nothing!  Saving the few bucks the TA gave us for black Friday, as well.

15 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wait this is a 4 port sailing? 

That's what I was thinking, what a luxurious rarity for O-class. Port days are far superior to me than sea so this itinerary sounds amazing! Our 2025 on NCL has 6 ports on a normal 7-nighter from SJ and I couldn’t be more pleased! 😂 

Pleeeease come and tell us all about the Wind Star cruise before you head off on Oasis! I stalked the Nov itineraries for that ship on cruisemapper and those potential ports are all bucket listers, Tortola! Jost Van Dyke! Virgin Gorda?! We wanna hear!! 

20 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on your family cruise.

5 hours ago, DDaley said:

Pleeeease come and tell us all about the Wind Star cruise before you head off on Oasis! I stalked the Nov itineraries for that ship on cruisemapper and those potential ports are all bucket listers, Tortola! Jost Van Dyke! Virgin Gorda?! We wanna hear!! 

i am trying to figure out the logistics of where this could be posted - because i want to be respectful to the blog and its content but also i believe its helpful to have the comparison between the sailings. stay tuned. 

but yes!! st barts is my favorite + i am LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!

IMG_6113.thumb.jpeg.a1b664b00846ab6fe80ffeed32cdaf45.jpeg

this was the special truffle pasta we got at shellona, and then the rest are pictures of shell beach (aptly named), the cove where shellona is 🐚

the ship itself is a retired silver sea that they took and revamped with new cabins, so we will see how this goes!!

IMG_6116.jpeg

IMG_9514.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

YES!! although i consider nassau to be a bit of a lost port anyway, but i do love the view when we come into port with the lighthouse and everything. 

Also yaaaaay you will join us fancy D+ folks who will still have access to the lounge all the time. 

😂😂 i know this is a bit of a sore subject for many… and there’s a good chance they’d boot me out of the lounge anyway since we won’t reach our new status until the end of the trip 😅

19 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am back on Oasis in March. I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that you will sail her twice before then

we’re simply ironing out the kinks for you guys!!!

17 hours ago, SweetPea said:

🤣🤣❤️❤️❤️😁😆 #PremierePassPeepsForever

we’ll never let go 😂

Hmpph, still trying to understand your need to fly at all.  But that's just me.  😁😁😁

believe me i ask myself this often… and then i remember how seasickness is worse… and i move on with my choices 😂

I did the dateless tag thing too in anticipation of future ducking. If they weren't signed SweetPea & Batman, I'd send you some of the $70 stash I'm about to trash.... Of course, of all my homies here, you're the one who would most appreciate the Taylor Ham v. Pork Roll admonishment. 😋😍

i’m cackling 😂 i’m glad at least @Neesa benefited from the ducks. no need to waste all the resources!

10 hours ago, ScottD said:

Have some port side for me, since I'm 0-2 in trying it! 😂

hahahaha we definitely will!! it will probably be a night we are zonked and don’t want to sit through dinner if we can’t get into CK. 

9 hours ago, Sweety said:

Congratulations on you C&A status for the both of you. Welcome to the D+ family.

thank you!! 💚💚

8 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Have an amazing time! We'll be following for sure... loved Oasis!

thank you!! we are excited to be back aboard 😊 have the best time on wonder this week! can’t wait to follow along with you guys. 

5 hours ago, DDaley said:

That's what I was thinking, what a luxurious rarity for O-class. Port days are far superior to me than sea so this itinerary sounds amazing!

i am not sure why i thought a 4-port was the norm but looking back, i suppose it usually is a three port sailing on oasis class.  

apparently we liked it so much we’re sailing it twice 😂 also i distinctly remember the four port oasis sailing being cheaper than the symphony sailing running at the same time come february. i think the only other one at the time was maybe odyssey/the demon ship and there was no way we were doing that again 😂

also: today i printed out my boarding pass IN COLOR 😂 because i will never not have a paper copy ever again. 

I forgot to say ...

I can't remember exactly when our Jackson is leaving, but i do know his first son is due in December (i thought he said just before Christmas) and he'll be home in time for the birth. Here's a pic i didn't post on my own blog. I love how mischievous he looks. He's a lot of fun, if he's still around on your trip. 

20230930_003502.thumb.jpg.c1bf15d10a5de277fd783f47850a332a.jpg

23 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i am trying to figure out the logistics of where this could be posted - because i want to be respectful to the blog and its content but also i believe its helpful to have the comparison between the sailings

You could do a post where you are comparing between Royal and whatever cruise line. We have had members do that before. There are comparison posts here between Royal and DCL, Royal and MSC, etc.

I would love a comparison post! Just do it!

After Oasis wildly disappointed us in its 12:30a Ghost Town status, Batman got royally ticked and booked us on Norwegian over Thanksgiving, and i was actually thinking of one post to compare them, post shutdown. My first thought was a comparison of a Deck 17 Bloody Mary v. a Haven Bloody Mary in an Epic Smackdown, but then i thought.....  shut up. 😀 I sorta feel like i did enough of that already.  

But Royal anchors us all, and i love comparisons with a known sample. I'd really love one on Virgin if anyone is so inclined. 🥲

On 10/27/2023 at 6:04 PM, DDaley said:

I’d like to think you could just sneak us a baby recap right here in the blog! 🤫 I feel like as long as it’s a comparison to what you’ve previously experienced on RCCL, it’s still valid content!

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You could do a post where you are comparing between Royal and whatever cruise line. We have had members do that before. There are comparison posts here between Royal and DCL, Royal and MSC, etc.

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I was thinking maybe you could just do a post in this blog. 🤔 since that cruise is before this one.

okay friends, that’s what i will do!! service will likely be iffy anyway so bear with me 😅

also @DDaley that pasta was the ultimate. i dream of it still. 🤩😍

9 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Royal anchors us all, and i love comparisons with a known sample. I'd really love one on Virgin if anyone is so inclined. 🥲

i have heard mixed reviews about virgin but i think the thing that threw me most were the cabins and the lack of viewing the ocean from the sun deck (unless you’re in a suite and have access to richard’s rooftop). but i’m still intrigued by it in some ways. 

i’ve decided tomorrow to do the supplements assembly line for the first cruise (wow that sounds SUPER BOUGIE someone take me down a notch 😅) and may as well do the small baggies for december’s cruise as well. 

also if you get any type of sunburn, i SWEAR by this lotion by coola: https://www.amazon.com/Coola-Organic-Radical-Recovery-Lavender/dp/B098CTZYJX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=A22V1EWY3ZO2&keywords=coola+lotion&qid=1698721349&sprefix=coola+lotion%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-2

they also sell a cute travel kit version as well (yes, i bought it). 

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Sunscreen-Protection-Dermatologist-Approved/dp/B09L5BR1N7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=36F95KX8ITQ1T&keywords=coola+travel+kit&qid=1698721396&sprefix=coola+travel+kit%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

it really takes the sting out of a bad sunburn. i won't travel without it now.

7 hours ago, asquared17 said:

I just ordered the travel set to take with me on my upcoming cruise.  Thanks for the suggestion!

3 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I just ordered the travel set to take with me on my upcoming cruise.  Thanks for the suggestion!

I ordered a tube, too. Must have been a FOMO thing.  After I ordered it, I thought to myself, "Raye, you know you have to actually go OUTside in order to get a sunburn, right ?"  Oh well....if I ever do decide to go outside I guess I will be ready !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I ordered a tube, too. Must have been a FOMO thing.  After I ordered it, I thought to myself, "Raye, you know you have to actually go OUTside in order to get a sunburn, right ?"  Oh well....if I ever do decide to go outside I guess I will be ready !

The deck does count, so does the walk to and from the terminal on embarkation and disembarkation days. 

19 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i’ve decided tomorrow to do the supplements assembly line for the first cruise (wow that sounds SUPER BOUGIE someone take me down a notch 😅) and may as well do the small baggies for december’s cruise as well. 

also if you get any type of sunburn, i SWEAR by this lotion by coola: https://www.amazon.com/Coola-Organic-Radical-Recovery-Lavender/dp/B098CTZYJX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=A22V1EWY3ZO2&keywords=coola+lotion&qid=1698721349&sprefix=coola+lotion%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-2

they also sell a cute travel kit version as well (yes, i bought it). 

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Sunscreen-Protection-Dermatologist-Approved/dp/B09L5BR1N7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=36F95KX8ITQ1T&keywords=coola+travel+kit&qid=1698721396&sprefix=coola+travel+kit%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

it really takes the sting out of a bad sunburn. i won't travel without it now.

You're killing me. I'm supposed to be being good this month in prep for our next cruise Nov 19, but you have the BEST product recommendations. I cannot live without the Charcoal pills you recommended. End of. 

And oh, i know this has nothing to do with cruising. But we're in the middle of Trick Or Treat here. 

If you can guess the only 2 things i had to replenish, you should def buy yourself a lottery ticket tonight ... because i was WAY off base.20231031_175412.thumb.jpg.9326bc090eb17afd4dd267df1be412a7.jpg

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

You're killing me. I'm supposed to be being good this month in prep for our next cruise Nov 19, but you have the BEST product recommendations. I cannot live without the Charcoal pills you recommended. End of. 

aww shucks ☺️ this is probably why my handle was theundergroundinfluencer 😂 because i wouldn’t recommend a lot - just what i really believed in!! 

i also recently got ginger capsules; they are great if you have any kind of nausea — obvs fresh ginger is better, but you can’t always travel with it. so i keep a small baggie of ginger and charcoal capsules in my purse at all times. 💃🏻

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

And @asquared17, i bought that travel kit. I hate myself. But i had to do it. 

[plays queen “another one bites the dust” aggressively louder]

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

hahaha i’m kidding. but honestly. i used to use the sunbum post-sun lotion and it just didn’t have enough UMPH to it and also it would always get all weird and liquidy/separated. i also tried the sunbum dry oil spray, which seemed a little bit better — but that was a MESS. then i found the coola lotion + it was a godsend. 

i bought the full size and the travel kit; i use the kit bag as my pool toiletries (face sunscreen, bottle opener, sunglass cleaner, holder for seapass card) since it matches an “aquatic” theme and then the mini lotion comes along for short trips and the bigger lotion for longer trips. 💚

I was going to say the goldfish and Ring pops. Most kids aren't given chocolate as much anymore. I went into the office and our Halloween candy was Goldfish, Welch's fruit snacks and SmartPop......I was so mad because I planned to sneak some candy home 🤣

Any way I am glad my buddy @asquared17 has gotten everyone right with that sunscreen and whatnot.