sailing into an oasis for diamonds | 12.10.23-12.17.23 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

7 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

well fam, exciting news!!

J and i discussed and we put in a RU bid for the grand suite! we went just BARELY over the minimum bid, so the odds that we are accepted are SHAKY at best. and we know this. 

but it’s nice to have a dream 😊💚

WOOOOO!!!! But if you get it then you can do CK all the way. That means not having to worry about breakfast, lunch, dinner and embarkation lunch. 

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

if you get it then you can do CK all the way. That means not having to worry about breakfast, lunch, dinner and embarkation lunch. 

this and the free internet were more than enough to sway me!!

also i just realized that since this sailing goes to labadee, it’s an added bonus bc of the suites only beach ☺️ 

AND the designated sundeck area is 👌🏻

we actually have a grand suite on the books for next year on symphony which we are so pumped about bc of all the hoops i had to jump through to get it (long story that we will save for THAT liveblog), but i am hoping they will take pity on us by way of @Lovetocruise2002 and see that we are only 2 pax in the suite and feel compelled to give to us 😆

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just what we need, another blog from a suite sn... err... hope you win!

(Yes, the irony that my only live blog ever was from a GS is not lost on me, lol.)

I KID... I KID! I sincerely do hope you win. Oasis class suite perks are great!

Don't give me the shocked reaction. 😭

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Don't give me the shocked reaction. 😭

i’m just laughing because J and i are so low key we are probably the least likely to fit that term 😂

i always tell my people that i’m high maintenance as far as it depends on ME. 

so it’s things like; i bring my own almond milk (instead of expecting everyone to have the particular kind i want), i travel with my own cold brew; my own mattress air pad to make it softer, that kind of thing. 

the reason i bring along my mary poppins’ duffel full tricks is because i hate the idea of not having what i should need (as you all well know). 

so when we sail, the biggest demand we usually have is to have the beds separated and extra towels haha 😂

but since we’ve both worked in some form of customer service for so long, we tend to be pretty unobtrusive when we sail. we are sunseekers in silence 😂 and hit the hay around 9 (if we make it that long haha). heck, i worked at starbucks for six years + J was there for just about that long. 

we would be bad candidates for star class 😂

1 minute ago, asquared17 said:

so when we sail, the biggest demand we usually have is to have the beds separated and extra towels haha

I love it. It's extra hangers when we first meet our stateroom attendant (I hate folding t-shirts, lol) and nothing but towels and ice after that. Although, on Allure last week, my wife may or may not have gotten her hands on some of the fancy peppermint suite soap after telling him how much she liked it. 🤫🤣

27 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

but i am hoping they will take pity on us by way of @Lovetocruise2002 and see that we are only 2 pax in the suite and feel compelled to give to us 😆

I am laughing hard at this because I just got my RU offer for our NYE sailing today. Let me truthfully put out there that I honestly had no intention to bid this time. @Jax will vouch for me on this. But when I saw the minimum bid pricing, it was low, too low to pass up! So I bid just above the minimum too and not going to get my hopes up. And we have 4 in the room this time. And like usual, I am in a “Hubby doesn’t need to know unless we win” mode. If by some dumb luck we win again, then I am in big trouble 😂

Good luck on your GS bid. Don’t listen to @OCSC Mike, I fully support the bid 😜

Ok, boo on anything coconut! 🤢 Yuck!  🤣

30 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am laughing hard at this because I just got my RU offer for our NYE sailing today. Let me truthfully put out there that I honestly had no intention to bid this time. @Jax will vouch for me on this. But when I saw the minimum bid pricing, it was low, too low to pass up! So I bid just above the minimum too and not going to get my hopes up. And we have 4 in the room this time. And like usual, I am in a “Hubby doesn’t need to know unless we win” mode. If by some dumb luck we win again, then I am in big trouble 😂

Wait, aren't you already in a GL? I'm counting on your review of the stair lights on Odyssey!!!!!

Now I feel bad about hijacking this blog over coconut.  🙂  Ok, NOT!  But I thought it was funny to see how many people responded to my post about Almond Joy.  Looking forward to your Cruise embarkation day.  Do we really have to wait 5 1/2 more weeks!

Good luck with your RUB!  I hope you win. 

Edited by FireFishII
Added last line

58 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I hate folding t-shirts, lol

me too!!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

i wanted to bid a little more but then it winds up being another (decent) cruise fare for us. so we will see what happens!!

when i looked on the weekend, only the royal loft and ultimate panoramic was open. now there’s two panoramics open. 

CMON FELLOW SAILORS, GET OUT OF YOUR GRAND SUITES SO J AND I CAN EXPERIENCE HAPPINESS!! 😅😂

jk jk 

i hope you get your bid too, sabrina!! 😉💚

36 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Ok, boo on anything coconut! 🤢 Yuck!  🤣

wow and here is where we diverge, apparently… a moment of silence is needed. 💔💔

10 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

Now I feel bad about hijacking this blog over coconut.  🙂  Ok, NOT!  But I thought it was funny to see how many people responded to my post about Almond Joy. 

oh my gosh are you kidding me?! 😂 didn’t we all go down a rabbit hole in the last liveblog about a bunch of random topics?!!

if my liveblogs don’t have side tangents to the extreme, i’d say we are doing something wrong 🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

Looking forward to your Cruise embarkation day.  Do we really have to wait 5 1/2 more weeks!

Good luck with your RUB!  I hope you win. 

i have a feeling time is going to flyyyy and i will pepper in some content with the family cruise here and there as it comes up for comparison 😊💚

also thank you!! it would be so much fun if we did and my stress about meals and reservations for dinner would legit disappear. a dream come true 😍

…also not going to lie but i did seriously contemplate the CLS minimum bid. but J would have killed me 😂

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You can use the “Don’t tell J unless you win” strategy 😂

oh i wouldn't tell her haha, i would just leave her on the hook for what we agreed upon. it would be worth it to me. 💚

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

That CLS is all I care about when RUB comes along for my Jan Allure sailing. I will be solo and ready to enjoy. Heck I would be willing to RUB on mariner from my balcony just to get access to Chops breakfast. So anything on Oasis class would be good.

CLS is my all time favorite cabin, full stop. those views on the ocean-facing ones are just... incredible.

you solo in a CLS is my entire dream. MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Sending positive RUB thoughts your way. The people in the grands surely bid on the panoramic! Personally, I love that you bid and encourage the CLS as well! YOLO and you only have to tell J if you win. I'm fully team @Lovetocruise2002 with this one! 

I'm going to embrace this concept on our shorty Utopia in July! Lets go!

And thanks a lot guys, I've been dreaming about Mounds and Almond Joy for what, almost 24 hours now? 

I love coconut! Oh and I can't get that jingle out of my noggin either 🎶🎶🎶

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

I'm going to embrace this concept on our shorty Utopia in July! Lets go!

You're going to RUB from the exact GS I had on Wonder??? After I told you how great it was??? I'm offended!!! 🤣

I really did love that location, but I get that you guys like some of the fancier suites that I've only seen in videos and I don't actually care about my cabin... so I hope you all get whatever you want!

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You're going to RUB from the exact GS I had on Wonder??? After I told you how great it was??? I'm offended!!! 🤣

I really did love that location, but I get that you guys like some of the fancier suites that I've only seen in videos and I don't actually care about my cabin... so I hope you all get whatever you want!

WELL.....TBH I am looking forward to sailing in your suite, I have no desire to leave it for anything on Deck 18! I will place a RUB on a 2 bedroom Aqua because it's only 4 nights & I have never stayed in one before....and it has 2 bathrooms. We are looking forward to being right next to the lounge though, that cabin I won't give up. (well unless the 2 bed aqua is RUB'd) Hahahaha, I wondered how long it would take for you to notice I said that, I was like hearing from @OCSC Mike in 3,2,1......

My plans for that sailing in 17222 are simple, CK, photo bomb, balcony, CK repeat!!

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

well folks i started packing for the family cruise and did in fact do my vitamins… only to find that i have run out of my beloved QBC plex 😩😩 not to worry, bezos will be delivering a fresh bottle tomorrow, ahead of my subscribe and save 😅😩😂

today’s supplement spotlight: qbc plex by soloray! i take this to help with sinus pressure and overall general health. as mentioned previously, i am NOT advising anyone to take anything without first confirming with your doctor, etc. i usually take three of these prior to boarding the plane, a round of three while in flight to help with the altitude and sinus pressure (another dose depending on the flight time) and a round when we land. 

i also take these when i wake up in the morning and just before bed (they are in the AM/PM batches of baggies)

SOLARAY Quercetin Bromelain & Vitamin C, Immune System, Sinus, Respiratory & Antioxidant Activity Support, Vegan, 500mg of Quercetin & 1,235mg of VIT C, 60 Day Guarantee (60 CT, 20 Serv) https://a.co/d/dajAcl8

would recommend trying if you have any kind of sinus issues!

although, let’s be real — sometimes nothing but an advil cold + sinus will do, and that’s okay too.

the good news is, i’ve realized i will need to reorder our duck tags - holding off til black friday (!), and will be on the hunt for ducks though i fear it will not be the crowd onboard this round… stay tuned. 

other things:

- i had to order a new toiletry bag since the one i had spilled liquid tide pack all over the inside. i tried to wash out and dry but it doesn’t look good. i like these because they are bright and stand out in the suitcase and they are plastic lined on the inside to keep from spilling. i’ve linked the set but you all should be proud bc i am pretty sure i have managed to get it down to TWO instead of three!! pack all 3 Pcs Water-resistant Material Zipper Pouch Set, Mesh Zipper Bags for Storage, Travel, Office (Green) https://a.co/d/6SSdORn

- because i don’t have J to bring my secondary duffel as her carryon, we will be bringing the giant suitcase (and not my new medium one). the good news is, i get 70lbs on the way down. the bad news is… i need to shed those lbs to 50 on the way back 😂since i typically take 50lbs or less, this should be fine (in theory). the better news is, i can purchase almond milk for the oasis cruise in december so that’s like 3-4 lbs right there! 

i am now anxiously awaiting the black friday sale so i can buy internet and (hopefully) beach club passes. 

also i was toying with the idea of splurging on a massage but i have a hard time earmarking a block of a time during the day when i don’t know what the weather will be like, etc. a massage on day one before sailaway has appeal but i feel like that’s rude to J and also, what’s the point if a message if you still have to unpack everything in the cabin when your luggage arrives?!! 

also the traditionalist in me would be slightly offended if i didn’t partake in the usual boarding day traditions. 

so — has anyone had a massage onboard recently? we’ve got OBC to burn 😅😂

also you all are a terrible influence because i bid on the 2 bedroom grand suite. **

we have no business doing this and i suspect if we won that, it would be absolutely absurd. two pax in a room designed for a max of 8. i would cry laughing. 

the convo would probably go something like this:

me: weLP. here…. we are. 

j: i thought we had a double sink bathroom? 

me: …. about that…

j: and why does this seem bigger than the floor plan you originally showed me?

me: so a funny thing happened…

j: is there ANOTHER ROOM INSIDE THIS CABIN?!?

me: YOU GET YOUR OWN BEDROOM!!! SURPRISE!!!!!!

j: …

me: …

j: …

me: … it was the wildest of shots. i had to take it. 

** minimum bid for this was lower than minimum bid for the CLS which was the only way i could justify it. as it is, it’s going to be a 60/40 split if we won, because i wouldn’t rope J into paying more than she could comfortably budget. (i might insist upon the primary bedroom though given the billing 😂)

17 hours ago, asquared17 said:

so — has anyone had a massage onboard recently? we’ve got OBC to burn 😅😂

I know that you can get massages much cheaper on land.  But I absolutely LOVE getting a massage (or two) during my cruise.  Just make sure you stress before the start that you do NOT want any sales pitch. Otherwise you will lose your massage glow. 

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

two pax in a room designed for a max of 8.

Nonsense! It was Hubby and I in the ATS! lol

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i would cry laughing.

When we sailed Liberty in August, I bid on the 4 bedroom Villa (just for fun) and there were 4 of us. I literally said the same thing to my girls. That if we had won, it would laugh so hard.

As you can see, I see nothing wrong with what you are bidding on. 😂 

On 11/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, FireFishII said:

I know that you can get massages much cheaper on land.  But I absolutely LOVE getting a massage (or two) during my cruise.  Just make sure you stress before the start that you do NOT want any sales pitch. Otherwise you will lose your massage glow. 

oh this is a great tip, thank you!! would not have thought of this, but makes total sense. 💚

On 11/6/2023 at 2:32 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Nonsense! It was Hubby and I in the ATS! lol

On 11/6/2023 at 11:13 AM, asquared17 said:

i would cry laughing.

When we sailed Liberty in August, I bid on the 4 bedroom Villa (just for fun) and there were 4 of us. I literally said the same thing to my girls. That if we had won, it would laugh so hard.

As you can see, I see nothing wrong with what you are bidding on. 😂 

not going to lie, i thought of you both when i made the bid on the 2BR 😂 and that was why i hoped we would win hahaha

i appreciate your enablement — i mean — SUPPORT!! 🤣

…now for my daily checking of what suites are still available for this sailing and hoping someone upgrades so we can win 😅

well, we snagged beach club passes for this sailing on the BF sale, which i used OBC for. since the sale kicked off a little early (i noticed first on the app and then confirmed on the website after i checked out those passes 😂 i was NOT taking any chances), i was able to run down the small list of things i'd wanted.

i also purchased one case of evian + internet, but used my CC for that in case a miracle occurs and we win our royal up. then i can get at least the internet refunded.

i'm trying to think if they would stock evian in the suite for us or not... it's been so long since we sailed sky class that i honestly can't remember. #firstworldproblems

in any case, now i don't have to stay up til midnight hoping and praying that everything would work out.

weirdly, all the specialty dining stands strong at 10% off. either that doesn't get changed until later/tomorrow, or they really aren't running a sale on it. curious.

No to Evian unless in Star class has been my experience. I asked for it while in Sky and would be told they didn't have in in Sky. I think I was given some in CK but I was not allowed to receive any bottles. I just purchase the package now because I drink copious amounts and am sensitive to the filtered water taste, as in I hate it. 

In CK on the Wonder they poured it into our glases and took the bottle away....I'm sure it's a cost saving measure. It wasn't everyday either, it was when they could "find some"

Evian for the win !

26 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Evian for the win !

I'm sure I've (lovingly) joked about the obsession with water you guys have. I don't judge, I just don't really give a 2nd thought to my bottled water.

That said, I rarely drink the free stuff we get from C&A on the ship (I'd just rather be drinking flavored water or iced tea that we keep in our cooler). I mentioned the ship bottled water to my wife (all she drinks at home, local spring water, not Evian)... and she responded, oh yeah, it's disgusting. 🤣

Nice of her to tell me, lol. I save it for her. I could at least be using it to take my morning vitamins, meds, etc.

58 minutes ago, Neesa said:

In CK on the Wonder they poured it into our glases and took the bottle away....I'm sure it's a cost saving measure. It wasn't everyday either, it was when they could "find some"

omg.  (what a demon ship sailing this was!)

i am glad i snagged at least one case; like you i am sensitive to the quality of drinking water. i figure the vouchers will be good to use… somewhere, once i track down who the heck else has one liter bottles. i may try the WJ i suppose, but best luck so far seems to be specialty dining. 

…it would be hysterical if we could go into portside bbq for it. 

also fun fact; noticed in the cruise planner last night that el loco is open for breakfast!! assuming i could get there early enough before the masses, i’d be fine with that since it used to be our old stomping grounds for breakfast 💚

20 hours ago, asquared17 said:

omg.  (what a demon ship sailing this was!)

i am glad i snagged at least one case; like you i am sensitive to the quality of drinking water. i figure the vouchers will be good to use… somewhere, once i track down who the heck else has one liter bottles. i may try the WJ i suppose, but best luck so far seems to be specialty dining. 

…it would be hysterical if we could go into portside bbq for it. 

also fun fact; noticed in the cruise planner last night that el loco is open for breakfast!! assuming i could get there early enough before the masses, i’d be fine with that since it used to be our old stomping grounds for breakfast 💚

I was really hoping for El Loco fresh breakfast last month on Oasis, but it never opened. I see that they use it like a mini buffet on other ships, but i don't think they even did that. Hopefully it actually is available for Breakfast now, that'd be aweome.