Star of the Seas

1 hour ago, Gilley said:

I know pricing is going to be crazy for this new ship.   I will have to wait for her to come to Jersey.  I figure if Symphony and Odyssey made, maybe Icon and Star will too.  Although I’m still waiting on Wonder to come.  Already booked on Icon with a family group of 40 people .

I am Wondering if Icon class can fit under the Verrazzano Bridge. Have there been any height above water stats released?

17 hours ago, Tony Crawford said:

I about flipped out when I saw this this morning!  Unfortunately, I can't make the maiden for Icon, but there's no way I miss the maiden for Star!

So exciting!  Only one more question... What's next after Star of the Seas???  I'm BEGGING for an Oasis or Icon class to hit the West coast!

I thought they were done with Oasis after Utopia, unless you mean one of the current Oasis goes to the West Coast.

40 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Cool... now drop the Icon prices because it's not new anymore 😆

Realistically, how much would they even drop

The reason I bring up the nomenclature of the new Royal lingo is because I am an optimist and thinking where is this company in let's say...25 years. 

New ships being added at nearly one a year and older vessels lasting longer than one might expect, I think it's reasonable that Royal may very well have 50 some vessels working in 25 years. Can you see that with a future exaggeration of 50 vessels it's going to be important to be clear what lingo would represent a ship, a cabin, a venue, an activity, or a level of C & A?

Now, another chance to take a stab at current thinking; 25 years from now imagine how many Diamond and above there are going to be....ummmm humph.

On 10/6/2023 at 12:59 PM, Rackham said:

What I'm curious to see is the average % of passengers who are Diamond and above versus month. Because based on public postings it appears the number of Diamonds and up is less during school breaks and higher when school is in session. 

Good question.  I believe longer, more unique itineraries play a big part in addition to the time of year.

On a recent Greenland cruise,  I calculated 65.8% of the passengers were diamond or above. The President's cruise and a Panama canal cruise also had high numbers.

For comparison,  I was on a Mexican Riviera cruise in May.  More than 1/2 of the passengers were gold or pre-gold.