Hideaway Beach Pricing

baltodave

20 hours ago, baltodave said:

Totally agree.  If they charge for this adults-only beach, what's to stop them from charging to enter the Solarium?

Ditto! Big moneymaker for NCL having the private ‘Vibe Beach Club’ on the larger ships. Adult only, upgraded loungers, private bar. Solarium-like. 
Vibe started as a section on one side of the forward upper deck just behind the exclusive suite sundeck. Then, it expanded even further on newer ships to include virtually all of the forward sundeck for more purchasers. Prices have risen steadily…supply and demand. 
Maybe Royal’s considering upgrading some of the Solariums and making it an adult, for-fee area. 🤔

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

Ditto! Big moneymaker for NCL having the private ‘Vibe Beach Club’ on the larger ships. Adult only, upgraded loungers, private bar. Solarium-like. 
Vibe started as a section on one side of the forward upper deck just behind the exclusive suite sundeck. Then, it expanded even further on newer ships to include virtually all of the forward sundeck for more purchasers. Prices have risen steadily…supply and demand. 
Maybe Royal’s considering upgrading some of the Solariums and making it an adult, for-fee area. 🤔

I always get the vibe pass when cruising NCL but that is due to lack of of pool area and whirlpools on NCL. The big difference is it is a quiet relaxing area, I will not pay extra for this 'party zone' at Coco Cay but I am fine with the free beaches and Oasis pool.

4 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

I have seen some posts from people very excited for this though and seems they want to move the "party" away from kids and crying babies and stuff ... so I guess we shall see

Maybe they remove the DJ from oasis pool and let that be a bit more chill/family focused?

We visited Coco for the first time in June. Our son was five at the time. We didn’t stay at the pool very long because because It wasn’t kid friendly at all. It reminded me of Club La Vela in the 90’s. Hopefully they will make it more family friendly since the adults have their own area now. 

10 minutes ago, Cruiser3812 said:

We visited Coco for the first time in June. Our son was five at the time. We didn’t stay at the pool very long because because It wasn’t kid friendly at all. It reminded me of Club La Vela in the 90’s. Hopefully they will make it more family friendly since the adults have their own area now. 

I hope this water is more sanitary than that water must've been. But it probably isnt.

Sooooo $43.99 for our April Icon. I bought it BUT if the previous sailings say it’s Jersey Shore and nothing but 18-25 year olds….I’ll be cancelling. Figure it’s a one and done because my October Utopia has it for $70.99. 

It’s like now they’re trying to get the Virgin passengers. How about catering to the passengers that made you who you are? The ones who put on damn masks and sailed your ships when you were sinking and still sinking in debt. 

Be very careful Royal because a lot of people who swore they were “Loyal to Royal” are starting to raise eyebrows and considering the competitors who will match status. 

Our cruise its 53.

Not paying it.  Not my cup of tea

I actually think Royal is being smart.  They are trying to attract younger passengers.  

I wish it would be a solarium type, but I get it from a business aspect.

My guess is this will actually make it better in the long run.  People will pay for that Vegas atmosphere and not go to the lagoon. Thus, others will feel less crowded.

The thing that baffles me is the complaint about the cost.  If you go to Bermuda you have no issue paying for excursions.  The beach is free.  The food is free.  Honestly do the math.  Even at 80 bucks, that's a pretty cheap excursion

Obtw you will find me at the beach club!  Hopefully it will go down now hideaway is open, but even so this is our splurge

27 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Our cruise its 53.

Not paying it.  Not my cup of tea

I actually think Royal is being smart.  They are trying to attract younger passengers.  

I wish it would be a solarium type, but I get it from a business aspect.

My guess is this will actually make it better in the long run.  People will pay for that Vegas atmosphere and not go to the lagoon. Thus, others will feel less crowded.

The thing that baffles me is the complaint about the cost.  If you go to Bermuda you have no issue paying for excursions.  The beach is free.  The food is free.  Honestly do the math.  Even at 80 bucks, that's a pretty cheap excursion

Obtw you will find me at the beach club!  Hopefully it will go down now hideaway is open, but even so this is our splurge

I the complaint about the costs is you are paying for access to the island as part of the cruise - it is part of the cost for a cruise that stops there. An excursion at another stop is not factored into the cost for the cruise 

So the expectation was this would just be a section that was set as adults only for something you are paying for in your cruise fare. 

But seems they are pitching it as an upcharge/special access type thing vs just an adults only designated area of the general experience 

I booked it for 3 upcoming cruises. One cruise is with my young adult kids.  They will all be of age, I don’t book excursions for them typically, so this will be a nice thing to try.  The second is with a friend,  and the third is Easter break with the husband.  I figure book now and if it’s “that bad” I can cancel later, otherwise their dynamic pricing might be at double or more if I decided to wait.   I feel like this will be like the beach club during the Covid comeback…priced low enough to try it out and then it will become untouchable.  If my Feb of ‘25 sailing had it to book at all I’d consider that too.

Easter break was $20 more than each of my 2 February  cruises.  

I am hoping the Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle vouchers will work here

IMG_7764.png

I think many people will be willing to pay the $X to go to the club. Cruises are all about over indulgence. Let's remember 50% of every cruise are 1st timers and they are looking to spend money. Compared to other add-ons onboard; these cost of entry prices fall right in line with a day of a drink package, a dinner at Chops, but this is less than the cost of a random excursion. I think the regular admission sells out every day. 

Now as for me, a Royal Caribbean veteran; I do not see where the value is. I do not see why this area is any different than the other complimentary areas of PDCC. There is no WOW! here. Nothing unique, nothing special.

I also do not see a single solar panel. 

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I have to believe they will. Why wouldn't they? They work at the Beach Club and everywhere else on CocoCay.

I would assume so too ... though I am a little curious if some of the "craft cocktails" here and also some of the more elaborate cocktails shown in the teaser video for Icon won't be covered (or fully covered) by those vouchers or the drink package 

29 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

I would assume so too ... though I am a little curious if some of the "craft cocktails" here and also some of the more elaborate cocktails shown in the teaser video for Icon won't be covered (or fully covered) by those vouchers or the drink package 

The craft cocktails should be interesting (I won't be there and don't care, just making conversation). Maybe they'll be like the Bamboo Room cocktails on the couple ships that have that venue... $1 over what the vouchers cover... although those come in fun containers like a tiki cup or an IV bag, lol.

Here's the thing @TheMaxRebo

Many of the areas are free beaches and the pool.  Nobody is forcing anyone to pay anything. 

In reality it is an excursion just like Bermuda or Cozumel.  You do what you want.  

Impo that's how they are seeing it.  They are giving you a free beach with the same things, food and drinks as if you were on the ship at sea!  

Do you feel that charging for the specialty restaurants on board are wrong?  If not how is this any different?  The passengers are paying for a specialty.  

38 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Here's the thing @TheMaxRebo

Many of the areas are free beaches and the pool.  Nobody is forcing anyone to pay anything. 

In reality it is an excursion just like Bermuda or Cozumel.  You do what you want.  

Impo that's how they are seeing it.  They are giving you a free beach with the same things, food and drinks as if you were on the ship at sea!  

Do you feel that charging for the specialty restaurants on board are wrong?  If not how is this any different?  The passengers are paying for a specialty.  

Oh, they can definitely do what they want for sure - but there is a complementary adults only space on the ship and there isn't one in the island and the previous indication is this would be included and now it isn't

So I can understand people being a little bummed

And do get people are willing to pay for exclusivity/lower crowds - same thing as people paying for after hours events at Disney World 

1 hour ago, foxrunner said:

We are the April 13th 2024 Icon sailing and Hideaway goes for $70 per person. Mariner is also at CCC that day. Is it possible that the pricing will be different? 

I’m the week after you on Icon and it’s $43.99. I just don’t get this “dynamic” pricing. Maybe I’m the first week after all the spring breaks end? 

19 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m the week after you on Icon and it’s $43.99. I just don’t get this “dynamic” pricing. Maybe I’m the first week after all the spring breaks end? 

I don't think we'll solve this mystery. It's $43.99 for my March, June, and July Wonder cruises. My guess was it's possibly b/c we're there alone with no other ship but who knows?

If the take rate on the Millennial beach party is low the price will come down.  If the cruise feedback is the DJ is just too much it will tone down a bit.   If RCL gets a high take rate at these prices ($88.99 pp on our cruise) for a loud beach party we will just continue to go to South Beach.

It is funny that the pricing is anywhere from $50 to $89 and yet they are all "10% off".  10% off what??

What really bothers me is people are quoting Royal as saying it was free/included in your fare X amount of months back. I CANNOT stand when they pull this garbage. I never believed it would be included and if I said that here 50 people would have said don't borrow trouble. Don't assume the worst. Royal said it will be free quote unquote. We should always assume the worst. This is how they now operate 24/7. Hey, you want to charge for it, charge for it. But don't try to get good press and non refundable reservations for products you claim in the press will be included, when you have Zero intention of doing so. It's sleezy to say or imply it will be free in interviews when you know that's not going to be the case. It's free country. Charge what you want. But be upfront and honest. 

22 hours ago, Jill said:

Sooooo $43.99 for our April Icon. I bought it BUT if the previous sailings say it’s Jersey Shore and nothing but 18-25 year olds….I’ll be cancelling. Figure it’s a one and done because my October Utopia has it for $70.99. 

It’s like now they’re trying to get the Virgin passengers. How about catering to the passengers that made you who you are? The ones who put on damn masks and sailed your ships when you were sinking and still sinking in debt. 

Be very careful Royal because a lot of people who swore they were “Loyal to Royal” are starting to raise eyebrows and considering the competitors who will match status. 

Ditto !

On 9/15/2023 at 9:00 PM, Jill said:

Yeah it might be a real smart move for the other big lines to institute a status match program for a few months while Royal keeps pushing loyalists away. Interesting times...

10 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

What really bothers me is people are quoting Royal as saying it was free/included in your fare X amount of months back. I CANNOT stand when they pull this garbage. I never believed it would be included and if I said that here 50 people would have said don't borrow trouble. Don't assume the worst. Royal said it will be free quote unquote. We should always assume the worst. This is how they now operate 24/7. Hey, you want to charge for it, charge for it. But don't try to get good press and non refundable reservations for products you claim in the press will be included, when you have Zero intention of doing so. It's sleezy to say or imply it will be free in interviews when you know that's not going to be the case. It's free country. Charge what you want. But be upfront and honest. 

I think a lot of the reaction this week is because we all seemed to mostly be expecting "Solarium at PDCC" and for it to be included.  What was unveiled is "Las Vegas Resort at PDCC" for a cost.  Totally different.

I'm not sure at this point what I picked up directly from RCI and what from other's reporting on what it might/would be.  Now we know and can choose it or not.  I wasn't going to be a customer for Solarium at PDCC and I'm not a customer for this either so no harm to me.

I know you personally hate changes like this after you are booked and it might be the NRD thing that is the real issue.  I'm booked on 3 separate lines over the next 2 years and only RCI is NRD.  I don't intend to cancel any of them, but somehow knowing that I can makes me not feel trapped like I think you feel sometimes @CanHardlyWait.

My advice on not borrowing trouble still holds.  There's enough things actually happening to not worry about those that we are imagining.  You're right though that the expectation, until they show otherwise, is that they will monetize every single thing they can.  If you listen to the investor calls, they are clear about this goal.

17 hours ago, Jill said:

FYI our week is school vacation week.

I should clarify my question Icon and Mariner will be at Coco Cay on the same day. Will the Mariner pricing be the same $70.99 as Icon??

Some things RCL is unmatched with, like C&A loyalty - the best in the industry.  They have also always been a great value for vacations which is why we have been loyal to Royal.  But in so many area the two best mass market cruise lines, RCL and NCL, are pushing prices through the roof.  The beverage packages are sky high, everything is going a la carte, so many shore excursions are now $300+, etc.  The idea that now a strip of adult only sand (+ pool) for my wife and I with no extra food & beverage is $178 (Icon $88.99 x 2) just seems excessive.  The “value” seems to be slowly disappearing.  A week on Icon is now very similar to a week at Sandals which is a different dynamic.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 8:42 PM, Montemy2419 said:

Anthem of the Sea April 21 to 28, 2024 $52.99...it's a whole 10% off... wow, what a deal 🙂 

We will stick to the free beach area and RC can make  money off other people.

That is a good deal actually. My Odyssey cruise in Feb is currently $64.99

The general population of Royal Caribbean Blog is more mature experienced cruisers. The general population of a Royal Caribbean cruise is not. What we want on here and what they want is different. It is adding nothing of value to me but it's not hurting me having it there either.

The positive for me is that some of the other areas become a little quieter.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:53 PM, foxrunner said:

We are the April 13th 2024 Icon sailing and Hideaway goes for $70 per person. Mariner is also at CCC that day. Is it possible that the pricing will be different? 

I’m on that Mariner sailing date.  I have no interest in this area, but I checked my planner out of curiosity for you.  $74.99 is the price for that date.

12 hours ago, DMcrusin said:

I’m on that Mariner sailing date.  I have no interest in this area, but I checked my planner out of curiosity for you.  $74.99 is the price for that date.

Thanks for checking. Icon is now $74.99. So my theory holds. We are going to try Hideaway but it is likely a one and done by the description. Have a great cruise.