From Canada…to Canada: Discovering Liberty, Eh? – LB 08/24/23 – 09/02/23

Lovetocruise2002

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The kids love their room on this sailing. They have never actually had their own room before on a sailing. It’s their first time.

So not only did the luggage have a nicer room but they also experienced it BEFORE the kids. Awesome! 🤣

On another note, @Ampurp85 made me think of something else. Random observation. It’s only Day 2, but all 4 of us have noticed that the age demographic of this sailing appears to be considerably higher than what we are used seeing on our sailings. Enough to make us take notice. Maybe it’s the itinerary? Maybe the time of year? Don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

In regard to the age, maybe it's the itinerary and the ship. I saw very little in the way of children on Grandeur but even in Jan, just the week before, my Oasis sailing was full of them and the younger folks. 

Yeah, I would be really interested to know the age breakdown of this sailing. It’s a first for us on an August sailing. 

22 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Enough to make us take notice. Maybe it’s the itinerary? Maybe the time of year? Don’t know. 

Just a guess, but I think NJ sailings are especially popular with us locals, and this is pushing the school calendar limits for some. Our town starts school Aug 29th. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

In regard to the age, maybe it's the itinerary and the ship. I saw very little in the way of children on Grandeur but even in Jan, just the week before, my Oasis sailing was full of them and the younger folks. 

We sailed Jan 29th on Oasis and brought our kid, there were quite a few others. I'm interested to see how it is when we go out of NJ on Oct. 1st.... really close to when most schools started, we decided we would just get his unexcused absences for vacation out of the way early this school year, lol 

12 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Another WJ lunch........ signs of conversion to team WJ.

That would be a huge “no way”! Lol

13 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Not trying MD room for lunch?

I asked the family if they wanted to to try that today. MDR lunch had the Royal Burger, Royal Chicken Sandwich, and Lasagna. They all wanted WJ 😔

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

On another note, @Ampurp85 made me think of something else. Random observation. It’s only Day 2, but all 4 of us have noticed that the age demographic of this sailing appears to be considerably higher than what we are used seeing on our sailings. Enough to make us take notice. Maybe it’s the itinerary? Maybe the time of year? Don’t know. 

We sailed to Canada last year on Voyager out of Boston. While there were some young kids, most of the people we saw were at least our age or older (we were 52 and 54 at the time). 

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I asked the family if they wanted to to try that today. MDR lunch had the Royal Burger, Royal Chicken Sandwich, and Lasagna. They all wanted WJ 😔

That's why you go to MDR first and then WJ. Win-win!

What's with you people and only one venue per meal? 🤣

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I should have suggested that to them! I really wanted the lasagna lol

Suggested? Who's running this vacation?

You should have TOLD them that's where you were all eating... and then they would have been free to go to WJ afterwards and you could have skipped it if you wanted.

You may be the forum mod with the suite life experience but your included food venue practices are lacking. Just trying to help for future sea days. 😁

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

We sailed Jan 29th on Oasis and brought our kid, there were quite a few others. I'm interested to see how it is when we go out of NJ on Oct. 1st.... really close to when most schools started, we decided we would just get his unexcused absences for vacation out of the way early this school year, lol 

I was on the sailing a week before you. It was insane the number of children, on top of the Jewish group who chartered. I am sailing Galveston in Oct, I am wondering about the number of children then.

Most of our day has been spent chilling and being lazy. We’re ok with that because our next 4 days will be very busy.

Kids spent the afternoon trying to chase some free rope bracelet. It’s one of those “attend the seminar and get a rope bracelet at the end” things. Except they just want the bracelet. It’s like a scavenger hunt for them. They started yesterday and there are 8-9 to collect or something like that. Hubby took a nap and went to the gym, and I just took some “me” time. 

Now at one of my favourite places on any ship, the suite lounge. 😊

IMG_8460.jpeg

IMG_8461.jpeg

E45A7F38-04E5-4862-92CC-CBA6C19D7BE5.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Kids spent the afternoon trying to chase some free rope bracelet. It’s one of those “attend the seminar and get a rope bracelet at the end” things. Except they just want the bracelet. It’s like a scavenger hunt for them. They started yesterday and there are 8-9 to collect or something like that.

Oh lord, not that bracelet thing! My MIL was more obsessed with it than my young nieces on Wonder in June, lol.

Now at one of my favourite places on any ship, the suite lounge.

That looks very nice. The DL (I know it's not the SL but the snacks should be fairly similar) on Indy was embarrassingly bad last year. 3 hot (well, they should have been hot) items in what looked like a $20 plug in warming tray and some cheese and crackers. The WJ was way better, lol.

After dinner we caught the last half of the production show, In the Air. It was typical of what you would see on Freedom class ships. Going to call it quite tonight and settle in for bed. Our plan is to get off the ship asap tomorrow morning as we self booked an excursion and the meeting time is 9am for that, at the New England Aquarium.  Fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow as it looks like it might be touch and go with the rain.

7 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Is that the euphemism for Harvard?! My brother said that once (I went to school in Boston), and that's what everyone assumed. But he went to BC. 😀

🤣  Hahvahd is in Cambridge. You have to pahk the cah in a completely different paht of Massachusetts to go there.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

🤣  Hahvahd is in Cambridge. You have to pahk the cah in a completely different paht of Massachusetts to go there.

The only place where looking for your 'khakis,' doesn't mean your pants, but your car keys!

My brother's Boston college friend called the house once, only for our little sister to take the message ... "Mahk called." She spelled phonetically. 😀😃

27 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

I don't want to quote your pic, but that is one good looking lobster roll right there at the bottom!

19 minutes ago, Eggbert said:

Lobster rolls, oh my.

The lobster rolls were so good! We got them from a stand in Quincy Market. Top two in the pic were lobster salad rolls, bottom one was the hot roll with butter. That was the best one! 

Top two in the pic were lobster salad rolls, bottom one was the hot roll with butter. That was the best one! 

IMO, the ONLY way to eat a lobster roll!! (I know with Mayo is the traditional way, but hot with butter is the best!!) Because everything is bettah with buttah!

After Quincy Market we headed over to the Paul Revere House. D15 requested to go here.
3C52945D-E382-4ACC-B424-348F549E2DD1.thumb.jpeg.e510b343ac1528493c99fa2e75ae6a61.jpeg

FF879392-5AD5-434D-83A4-E883ADF7E97D.thumb.jpeg.4ccde7dcf4a1f10bf0529be958c2b69c.jpeg

From there we walked our way over to Mike’s Pastry. I have heard so many awesome things about this place, I just knew that if I ever made it to Boston, if would be a “must stop”. 

Reviews said that lines were always long  and cash only, so we can prepared. All of that was true, and so were the reviews that this place has the best cannolis ever!!! They were so delicious and huge! 

I just told Hubby that the highlight of my day was the Lobster Rolls & Mike’s Pastry. Sure beats WJ & MDR any day! 

IMG_8486.jpeg

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

867A9A22-F164-4204-BB2B-A35107FA6EC8.jpeg