Does your spouse get your status?

Bowen

25 minutes ago, Riley said:

Yes, spouses/partners enjoy shared status. My Dearly Beloved is a higher status than I am if our points are reviewed on an individual basis, but I get to enjoy that higher status, regardless of whether we are traveling together or not. 

Cool! So how do I go about making this happen? Do I have to create an account for him and then link it to mine?

Yes the point are added to each other. She has gone on a couple without me and I receive the points. I am about to go without her (her decision for some reason) and my points will add to hers. The nice part is each of these solo cruises are double points and we move up faster although the Pinnacle level is still a bit off in the distance.

16 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Yes the point are added to each other. She has gone on a couple without me and I receive the points. I am about to go without her (her decision for some reason) and my points will add to hers.

This isn't true.  You get the status of your partner but not the points.  So whoever has the higher status applies to each person, but each person only accumulates their points individually.

42 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Hubby is D+ without the 340 points, can he book a solo sailing using the DP340 code?

That is a very good point of detail... would need the experienced big guns to answer that one definitively @Matt

My guess is that whilst he has your D+ status, that benefit is points related and not status related.... I'd say no.

• 1 year later...
36 minutes ago, KylieChan said:

So if my partner goes on RC cruises without me will his points go towards my status. Currently he status is tired to mine. 

You keep your own points history behind the scenes but you will maintain the status of whomever has the highest point total in the relationship.

23 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You keep your own points history behind the scenes but you will maintain the status of whomever has the highest point total in the relationship.

We're a perfect example - I enjoy D+ benefits rather than my "mere" Diamond because I'm tied to my wife's history. I could sail 28 nights solo in a suite and still not quite catch her on points.

If we're going to spend the money for one of us to go without the other, that money is better spent on her. 

40 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

We're a perfect example - I enjoy D+ benefits rather than my "mere" Diamond because I'm tied to my wife's history.

Same deal here. Although we earned most of our points after marriage, she sailed with her parents several times as a kid while our honeymoon was my first cruise.

I started sailing RC in 2008 with my ex and my 4 kids. 
I cruised with my SIL a couple of times and sometimes not all kids came with us

by June 2011 I was emerald level and had split from hubby (forgot to tell RC) and kids had emerald level perks but platinum level nights - they still have emerald perks and are working towards having the correct nights to move up to diamond in their own right

when I sailed again in 2019 with new partner (now hubby) he had no extras perks

when we married in 2022 and sailed that summer we saw the loyalty rep on the first day, showed the marriage certificate (not sure if we needed to) and he was upgraded to emerald perks for that cruise

this July we both sail on diamond perks for the first time. I have 82 nights and he has about 33

not sure what will happen when my grandkids sail in 2026 - will they get the emerald perks of their parents or the level that the parents nights say they should have?