Lobster night location question

Scoular

Hi All! 

I’m looking forward to my next cruise, this time with my partner, his parents and his grandparents on the holy land cruise around Israel and Greek Isles. We’re all super excited!

We’ve purchased the UDP. My question is on lobster night can you only get the free lobster in the MDR or can we get it in Chops too? I thought I’d heard it somewhere previously but after searching in this forum I can’t find it. I know if I’m a suite you can get it in CK but we’re in a balcony for this one, hence the purchase of the UDP. 

Thanks in advance for the inside knowledge!

You should be able to get the MDR lobster tail served to you when dining in the specialty restaurants on lobster night.  I say “should” b/c there seems to be some variance in ship policy on this, lately.  I would simply ask once you are onboard.  If you let them know ahead of time there should be no problem getting your lobster tail but better safe than sorry.  Ask just to be sure.  Enjoy your cruise.  I’m envious of your wonderful itinerary.  

On the Allure 2022 May in #CK they offered a choice the sauced lobster they served or the MDR lobster. My daughter was brought two and my husband four! Then they offered additional as well, the kind offer was declined as it was plenty. 

2022 July on the Harmony in #CK we requested/placed our order for the MDR lobster for the following night (lobster night) , we requested with our #CK server that we would prefer and be ordering the MDR lobster as we were always told it helps for the kitchen to know ahead of time, we were emphatically told no. If we wanted it they would cancel our #CK reservations and we could have it in the MDR. 

Take away, every ship is different and not consistent in their services/rules/protocols. We stayed in #CK because we loved the views in that venue. 

On Allure they brought us lobster in Giovanni's.  On Odyssey, the waiter at Jamie's told us that they were not allowed to do it (and he was just devastated to have to tell us that, he was so apologetic, no matter how many times I told him that I understood and to not worry about it).  So, it just varies.

• 3 weeks later...

Which night is usually lobster night?  I will be on Harmony 8 nights this coming November.  I did purchase a 3 night dining package for this sailing, and waiting for the release of the MDR menu to coordinate our specialty dining.  I'd rather have lobster in the MDR, otherwise that may be too much food at a specialty.  

3 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I am currently on Allure for 8 nights and lobster night is tomorrow which is day 6.  If you plan on dining at specialty restaurants you can look at dining in the Royal app to view menus for each night.  Or you can just ask the wait staff In the MDR to check on which night.

Wow...Looks like you are on the exact same (from Fort Lauderdale) day by day itinerary I will be sailing on Harmony in November.  Have you done this 8 night southern Caribbean itinerary before?  How has the cruise been so far?   52 days to go!!!

On 8/29/2022 at 6:40 AM, Neesa said:

On the Allure 2022 May in #CK they offered a choice the sauced lobster they served or the MDR lobster. My daughter was brought two and my husband four! Then they offered additional as well, the kind offer was declined as it was plenty. 

2022 July on the Harmony in #CK we requested/placed our order for the MDR lobster for the following night (lobster night) , we requested with our #CK server that we would prefer and be ordering the MDR lobster as we were always told it helps for the kitchen to know ahead of time, we were emphatically told no. If we wanted it they would cancel our #CK reservations and we could have it in the MDR. 

Take away, every ship is different and not consistent in their services/rules/protocols. We stayed in #CK because we loved the views in that venue. 

My D+ sister, was also on Harmony in July, she said the lobster in the MDR were tiny and you could only get one. She anxiously awaited our cruise to find out if this was the new norm...we were going on Liberty...it was not. I am thinking there must have been a shortage/availability issue, on Harmony's supply during that time.

10 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

Which night is usually lobster night?  I will be on Harmony 8 nights this coming November.  I did purchase a 3 night dining package for this sailing, and waiting for the release of the MDR menu to coordinate our specialty dining.  I'd rather have lobster in the MDR, otherwise that may be too much food at a specialty.  

You should be able to see menus in the app already.

4 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

Wow...Looks like you are on the exact same (from Fort Lauderdale) day by day itinerary I will be sailing on Harmony in November.  Have you done this 8 night southern Caribbean itinerary before?  How has the cruise been so far?   52 days to go!!!

This is our first Southern Caribbean and I love it!
We have had gorgeous weather all week so far although we did catch a strong downpour yesterday morning in Aruba!  Torrential downpour!  But then it cleared up and was sunny and hot.  Another quick storm in late afternoon passed quickly too so for us it didn’t ruin any of our plans!  Today we are heading north and tomorrow we will be in Labadee.  Bright sunshine right now!

Our itinerary was changed around so we would miss Fiona and it has worked out perfectly!  Hope yours is just as awesome!

3 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

My D+ sister, was also on Harmony in July, she said the lobster in the MDR were tiny and you could only get one. She anxiously awaited our cruise to find out if this was the new norm...we were going on Liberty...it was not. I am thinking there must have been a shortage/availability issue, on Harmony's supply during that time.

Interesting. This is the first instance I have ever heard of where you could not get any number of lobster tails in the MDR on lobster night.  Hopefully it was just a one-time shortage.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting. This is the first instance I have ever heard of where you could not get any number of lobster tails in the MDR on lobster night.  Hopefully it was just a one-time shortage.

I hope so, my wife makes it her personal mission to impact the lobster population on lobster night.  🤣

10 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Can I ask why it matter that your sister is D+ when it comes to lobster?

10 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

I am sure managing stock levels in a kitchen on the scale of a cruise ship is a tough job. At low stock levels they probably have to limit it and at other times they probably need to get the old stuff out of the way they can. So they make it much easier to get them. Even frozen, that stuff has a shelf life.

I thought I remember someone saying that they even offered the tails in the Buffet occasionally on lobster night. May have been on NCL. I cant recall.

11 hours ago, Pooch said:

You should be able to see menus in the app already.

Thanks for the heads up!  I kept checking the website under "my cruise" and not the app.  Confirmed it will be night 6.  I sure hope there isn't a limit to one per person.  Worst case, my girlfriend doesn't eat seafood so I can just eat hers 😃 I can already see the difference in the menu compared to our 4 day on Freedom.  

11 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This is our first Southern Caribbean and I love it!
Our itinerary was changed around so we would miss Fiona and it has worked out perfectly!  Hope yours is just as awesome!

Glad you are enjoying it, and thank you I'm sure ours will be too!  Been counting the days since we booked it Feb 14th of this year.  Luckily we had a 4 day in May on Freedom to help us get through.   

12 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Was she perhaps referring to the upcharge whole lobster and not the (not very good) tails served on “lobster night”? 

@Aron_RossYou can go to MDR for dessert only. 

In regards to the C&A status question. I guess I find it odd to mention in certain aspects. Whenever I see it in a post that isn't about perks, it screams something negative to me like entitlement. I just wanted to make sure they didn't mean it that way. I.e. "I'm D+and therefore I should have gotten 6 lobsters" because of that. 

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Can I ask why it matter that your sister is D+ when it comes to lobster?

Simply experience, in other words she has been on many cruises with RC,  therefore, was surprised at what she found that night. I know firsthand that C&A level has nothing to do with serving size, and more, since my wife got three on our second cruise. She also realized that was a mistake and has never done so again. lol

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Aron_RossYou can go to MDR for dessert only. 

In regards to the C&A status question. I guess I find it odd to mention in certain aspects. Whenever I see it in a post that isn't about perks, it screams something negative to me like entitlement. I just wanted to make sure they didn't mean it that way. I.e. "I'm D+and therefore I should have gotten 6 lobsters" because of that. 

FWIW Ampurp85...you will never see me doing that.

BTW...AAron_Ross...my wife has gone to the MDR just to have the onion soup. My personal favorite is the wild mushroom soup. When there was a shortage of mushrooms on a couple of cruises, I mourned the lost opportunity to indulge. 

14 hours ago, D Alt said:

Is Lobster Night only on certain ships or perhaps is it only on longer cruises? I don't see it on my 5 night Adventure but I do see it on Liberty on night 6, but then not on my Anthem Holiday cruise?  It better be on the 7N Alaska cruise! too soon to see menu. 

I believe it is only on cruises 6 nights and more.

We had it last night and it was delicious!  Very good sized too!  We had a plate of the tails brought to our table to share…because we also wanted the beef tenderloin and other selections.  The lobster was so sweet and plentiful!