Jump to content

Royal Up - Suites


AAD
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, just 17 days out from sailing.... Still no suite GTY assignment.... And no RoyalUp decision.  I know this is the norm.  But it's maddening!  There are lotso suites remaining and certainly hardly anyone is going to book a last minute cruise right now for 12/31 - 1/8!  I refuse to buy certainty and a decision though by paying $12k+ for the three of us for a suite.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sweety said:

With the extra money I saved through Royalup ,I am booking three more cruises on our Jewel cruise. I pointed out the savings to my hubby. I am making sure we have the magical card with his name on it.

I like your logic. It sounds like you couldn’t afford not to book the additional sailings. Cruise math is interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While Royal Up is so addictive I have made in total 12 bids since joining this game some minimum some max & never have I even had a bid "locked" that I can remember. To add insult to injury, my last 2 sailings I received my thanks but no thanks notification first night of cruise during dinner service, yes feeling super sorry for myself. 

So my plan is I am going to book a Star Class cabin for the 3 of us when the 2023 summer is released, I am going to choose something Mr. Cabash loves, Aruba perhaps and just tell him minimal about the cabin, oh it has a balcony and two bathrooms and when he asks "how much did it cost?" I'm going to tell him minus the 750.00 deposit and drone on about how expensive it is to sail now, costs of everything going up you know! 

It will be 2023 by the time the devil gets his due so I will start stashing some extra monies now so when it's time I can pay in full for my Star Class experience. Good plan, no? Oh, and it's still cheaper than DCL! Yes, that will work, wish me LUCK!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Neesa said:

So my plan is I am going to book a Star Class cabin for the 3 of us when the 2023 summer is released, I am going to choose something Mr. Cabash loves, Aruba perhaps and just tell him minimal about the cabin, oh it has a balcony and two bathrooms and when he asks "how much did it cost?" I'm going to tell him minus the 750.00 deposit and drone on about how expensive it is to sail now, costs of everything going up you know! 

Love that!  I was just telling @Jaxthat suite snobs will do just about anything to justify the cause.  I love your plan!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, finally got our WS GTY assignment... a JS on Deck 6.  Meh.  The balcony is as big as they come for JS so that's a plus.  I've done the max bids on the GS1 and GS2, and a strong bid on OS and AQS1 so we'll see.... There's definitely inventory there for GS1 and OS.  I will report back... Wish me luck!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the Royal Up, they are offering suites with are sold out. We tend to do a mock booking to see what is really available before considering a bid. To date have not made any offers as are happy with the cabin types and locations we have booked but will try the Royal Up on an upcoming Odyssey and Freedom sailing and see. I won't bid much so doubt I will snag a bargain but with the change in procols, people may cancel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing we have done is when trying to get into a Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier on some of the longer cruises the totals can really add up.  

On the flip side since were are willing (sort of willing) to part with the funds for the upgrade and if we do not get the Star Suite, we take that money and we started a "RC Cruise Fund".  I really don't want the Star Class to be a YOLO.  If we get it this time yippee and if not then we are getting very close to purchasing a Star Class outright and technically it is not costing us much money that we don't really have.  I did not think this would work, it is amazing though we are getting so close...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, not easy being green said:

Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier

@not easy being green that is a fantasic way to do it. So obvious but we never thought like this. We will add up the cost of what we paid for the various items and factor that into the bid. If we win we can cancel the cruise planner purchases. Thank you got a great suggestion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, not easy being green said:

One thing we have done is when trying to get into a Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier on some of the longer cruises the totals can really add up.  

On the flip side since were are willing (sort of willing) to part with the funds for the upgrade and if we do not get the Star Suite, we take that money and we started a "RC Cruise Fund".  I really don't want the Star Class to be a YOLO.  If we get it this time yippee and if not then we are getting very close to purchasing a Star Class outright and technically it is not costing us much money that we don't really have.  I did not think this would work, it is amazing though we are getting so close...

 

Yes, totally doing that. Agree. Yet the likelihood of Star Class at my $5k total cap is not so likely. I don’t even need Star.  So I’m bidding for the. GS1,  OS, GS2, AQS1.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, AAD said:

Yes, totally doing that. Agree. Yet the likelihood of Star Class at my $5k total cap is not so likely. I don’t even need Star.  

Does anyone actually NEED Star?   :::::::::::::::::::::::::: ducking! :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to go out on a limb, I know I need Star... I work really hard for my vacation and we save what we can (so we can cruise).  Not living near a port much less a major airport adds a ton of $$$$ to every cruise we take.  We have been cruising since before our twins came along and now they are almost 19.  Once they are done with college we are moving to FL (hopefully cruising is still an option) then we can really start enjoying more so, with out all the extra stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

We just received our Royal Up email for our upcoming Odyssey 12th Feb cruise and when I checked a mock booking, all the suites are sold out, so why bother sending an email, there is no point. 

When I got my RoyalUp email last week all suites were gone.  I bid anyway.  With yesterday's announcement on change of protocol, a bunch opened up.  So you never know.  Plus a lot more people may be testing positive right before the cruise with how transmissible the new variant is, so I figure it's worth a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AAD said:

So, it happened!!!  🤩😍   CLS #1726   What do you all think of that location??  I saved about $7000 off the going rate so pretty happy...  

 

image.thumb.png.4e961bebf52103b6a2c42d8995fc3064.png

You'll love it.  There's almost no foot traffic back there and you can watch at least part of the Aqua Show from your balcony! Congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...