June restart...

21 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Here's an encouraging story - NOT!  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/travel/coronavirus-cruises.html

If you look at the NYT  reported timeline, its going to be 90+ days after the specs are delivered before a US cruise could go.  There's a 30 day notification of desire to sail, then if the test cruise is successful, an 60 period allowed for certificate to sail is granted.  Likely 120 days once the balloon goes up, taking into account 1 month of test cruises (my hypothesis).  So if specs delivered 1 Apr - August start possible if all goes well.

That's predicated on the CSO remaining unchanged.

I think the CSO will be revised to reflect vaccinations that are now available that were not when the CSO was put together on a cocktail napkin in bar in under 30 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Landry_TX said:

Have they said anything about shore excursions? 

Not the CDC, but the Safe Sail Panel recommends cruise line directed / controlled tours with "safe" vendors.  Its part of the long list of back to sail recommendations provided to the gov't last year.  MSC has exercised that a similar protocol in their excursion requirement.

1 hour ago, Zacharius said:

This is great news for those who want to travel, but man, I am really curious to see how Nassau handles itself as a cruise origin point. That whole port area seems like it will be a headache-and-a-half to deal with as an originating passenger. I would have to pound a few beers at Pirate Republic before dealing with that. 

What if you just check in on the app and get on-board.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Any indication that they're all 7-day cruises? I'm trying to do the math on July cruise dates

The FAQ document only mentions "7 day roundtrip" in the verbage. So i guess every Saturday, makes the figuring easier.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD_FAQs.pdf

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

So.... if Adventure is doing this big restart in Nassau (and not from Florida) can we assume all June cruises are kaput?

Why go through all the motions of launching a restart from Nassau in June,  if June Florida cruises are still possible? 

seems to be a realistic assumption

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Any day now ? 

I hope so.

I just read the NYT article and even though it was published today the information contained within the article is already dated.  The information within the article some of which comes from the CDC goes back to October when the no sail order was lifted.  Just an example of how far behind the CDC, in the article the CDC is still talking about requiring crew members be tested.  All cruise lines have stated they will require all crew members be tested, many have said they will require crew members be vaccinated, if they combine the testing requirement with the a vaccination requirement that should cover it.

With the US scheduled to hit 100 million vaccine doses administered today Friday the CDC needs to catch up.  The guidelines issued back in October were based on testing alone not testing and vaccines combined.  By the time we get to July or August the US could have administered over 200 million doses of the vaccine the CDC should realize there is no need to require cruise lines wait 30 days to do a test sailing then wait another 60 days after the test sailing for approval to resumes some type of normal operation.

7 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

I’m done with CDC.  Let’s have a Friday cheers for Royal and the Bahamian Government.   I don’t know how to add one of those pictures. Someone help me out please.  Lol

I think everyone is done with the CDC. Unfortunately, while this is GREAT news, it is only one ship and cruise lines are completely reliant on the US based cruise market for survival 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

So.... if Adventure is doing this big restart in Nassau (and not from Florida) can we assume all June cruises are kaput?

Why go through all the motions of launching a restart from Nassau in June,  if June Florida cruises are still possible? 

I do not think there is any chance of any cruises in the US to be starting in June.  Too much to go thru with CDC still that takes time.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

That's predicated on the CSO remaining unchanged.

I think the CSO will be revised to reflect vaccinations that are now available that were not when the CSO was put together on a cocktail napkin in bar in under 30 minutes.

Hope you're right.  I'm pretty cynical with the moving goal posts, or more accurate, they haven't erected the goal post yet.  120 day pre-US departure timeline would be a padded estimate of  when you consider crews callback, inoculations (waiting), training, test cruises, request to sail permit, then certification to sail permit. Probably will need to wait for the correct ink to print the certificates which will require another 90 days of deliberations.? 

News coverage:

https://www.wesh.com/article/royal-caribbean-marks-2021-return-to-caribbean-with-cruises-from-the-bahamas/35888095

Port Canaveral is taking the position that Royal can learn while operating from Nassau and bring those lessons to Port Canaveral once the CDC comes around and allows cruising in the US.

I'd look to Air2Sea for possible best fares.

The airlines have revenue engines that monitor demand and adjust pricing to reflect demand, even if no bookings occur.

It's been reported that airline prices jumped just from cruisers looking to see what flights are available.

Air2Sea has locked in contracts and seats like they did for Barbados.

15 hours ago, twangster said:

I'd say for USA, probably.  But Europe is still in play, especially England.

16 hours ago, twangster said:

NCL cancelling june is a strong indicator they all will.

I'm feeling pessimistic on my July Navigator but suddenly super optimistic on a June Adventure ...

Note that for kids 10 and under, they do not need a negative PCR test to get the Bahamas health visa. 

My big concern is you need a test w/in 5 days if arriving, but you need to start your visa application at least 48 hours before arriving. That's a concerningly small window of time to get a PCR test result back.

48 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My big concern is you need a test w/in 5 days if arriving, but you need to start your visa application at least 48 hours before arriving. That's a concerningly small window of time to get a PCR test result back.

I suspect the Bahamas (and Royal Caribbean) would be eager to optimize their health visa requirements to make it work.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect the Bahamas (and Royal Caribbean) would be eager to optimize their health visa requirements to make it work.

Also I don't know for a fact but I suspect when you really look at it there is a network in place between hotels/airlines/airports, etc. to get people tested and moved through the system.

I was starting to look at a Cozumel trip in June (I am now planning to arrive in Cozumel by ship not by plane ... it will be an Adventure ? ) and it seemed like there was constant reference to testing being arranged by various parties for you, etc.

18 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

I hope so.

I just read the NYT article and even though it was published today the information contained within the article is already dated.  The information within the article some of which comes from the CDC goes back to October when the no sail order was lifted.  Just an example of how far behind the CDC, in the article the CDC is still talking about requiring crew members be tested.  All cruise lines have stated they will require all crew members be tested, many have said they will require crew members be vaccinated, if they combine the testing requirement with the a vaccination requirement that should cover it.

With the US scheduled to hit 100 million vaccine doses administered today Friday the CDC needs to catch up.  The guidelines issued back in October were based on testing alone not testing and vaccines combined.  By the time we get to July or August the US could have administered over 200 million doses of the vaccine the CDC should realize there is no need to require cruise lines wait 30 days to do a test sailing then wait another 60 days after the test sailing for approval to resumes some type of normal operation.

Agree with your assertions, but based upon observations of that agency, there hasn't been any forward movement in support of the cruise industry.  I'm not claiming its maliciousness or dislike of an industry,  but " hyper-risk" aversion.   Like a parent too fearful to let their kids ride a bike because they might fall.  As you  highlighted the  number of inoculations, risk is greatly mitigated.  In fact, sailing with an inoculated crew and guest compliment is like using "training wheels".