Royal Caribbean Blog

Z-plasty? WTH is a Z-plasty? (Yet *another* nahtacruz blog)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the surgery went without a hitch. Got there at 6:15, was being carted into the OR right on time at 7:30. A few minutes later, I was in blackout from whatever cocktail they put in my IV before wheel

I forgot something in that last update. Our younger daughter (aka the artist, whose work I’ve shown in earlier live blogs) got her acceptance notice for the summer Japanese Language and Cultural Immer

Just back from post-op visit #2. Everything is continuing to heal wonderfully, and I’m down down to minimal bandaging (mainly to protect the graft site on the back of my calf. Still a bit swollen in s

Posted Images

First seeing this thread. Glad the surgery went well and you're feeling better. 

Our vac is called ROB after the NES robot from the 80s. Never had one but always wanted one ... Like the power glove ... Always wanted that too! Anyway it's always getting stuck and lost. It's a Shark and replaced a Roomba. We will be going back to Roomba for sure.

2 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Our vac is called ROB after the NES robot from the 80s. Never had one but always wanted one ... Like the power glove ... Always wanted that too! Anyway it's always getting stuck and lost. It's a Shark and replaced a Roomba. We will be going back to Roomba for sure.

Ours is a Eufy model. Got it partly because I have other Eufy gear and know they’re a good brand, partly for lower cost vs Roomba, and partly because unlike every other robo-vac it’s low-profile — their whole lineup is almost an inch shorter than every other brand’s models, and I’ve seen it easily scoot under bedroom furniture that would have sent normal-size models bouncing away.

With two cats, a dog, and two long-haired humans in the house, Puck earns his keep every Wednesday and Saturday.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Life goal:  Rise to the level where one needs two robo vacs to keep up with @WAAAYTOOO

Oh come on!  I don't even have one yet.  Now I need to go get two?!  And if Raye has it, well then you know how the story goes...😆

I want the Roomba...Hubby did not get the message for Christmas or Valentine's Day lol

31 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Oh come on!  I don't even have one yet.  Now I need to go get two?!  And if Raye has it, well then you know how the story goes...😆

I want the Roomba...Hubby did not get the message for Christmas or Valentine's Day lol

Wait until he hears he needs to buy you two...  

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Even something like a Roomba I refuse to buy as a gift, I look at it like "here go clean" LOL.

My wife also doesn't find my comments about how I outsourced her vacuuming duties.

Further, to her the robo vacuum is only good for "touch ups" but still need to vacuum weekly with the Dyson (she's a bit OCD / obsessed with mess). When she'll say something like "I have to vacuum" she doesn't laugh when I offer to help and press start on ROB. 

9 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Even something like a Roomba I refuse to buy as a gift, I look at it like "here go clean" LOL.

Yeah but when I was married I would often receive tools as gifts.  One could argue that is basically like saying "Get off your lazy backside and fix something!".

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah but when I was married I would often receive tools as gifts.  One could argue that is basically like saying "Get off your lazy backside and fix something!".

There are other gifts to buy a bot other than tools?

And Joe's blog has officially been hijacked to Robot Vacuum of the Seas blog 🙃

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yep I've received tools too. One little set of small sockets and various bits I use frequently to tighten whatever or put whatever together.

Joking aside, I still buy things to make her life, heck our life easier, I just try to not wait until Christmas or whatever. Figure something like a Roomba is for both of us since I do actually help vacuum. Working from home through this pandemic has made that a bit easier. Don't get me wrong, I'd love tools, a grill, or anything else deemed "manly" as a gift. I'd just rather buy cleaning stuff she requests on a random April afternoon then her bday lol.

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And Joe's blog has officially been hijacked to Robot Vacuum of the Seas blog 🙃

Only while he is loopy on pain meds. (maybe he won't notice)

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There are other gifts to buy a bot other than tools?

Memory upgrade.  A faster CPU.   A new OS like bot 2.0. 

My pattern from past operations seems to be holding. I need the pain meds like clockwork for some period of time, and after that it’s like some switch has flipped and I more or less don’t need them at all, except to sleep for another couple of nights.

Today, only 3 days post surgery, that switch has already flipped. My last pain meds were at 6:30 AM and I haven’t needed anything since then. If I hold to pattern I’ll just need something for sleep tonight and maybe tomorrow, and then I’ll probably be done beyond taking Advil.

And why the heck is there suddenly a page about the merits of robovacs in the middle of my live blog?!? 😂🤪

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

And why the heck is there suddenly a page about the merits of robovacs in the middle of my live blog?!? 😂🤪

Well shoot.  Who knew Joe would flip like a switch this soon? 

I thought we had at least another day of robovac talk left in this thread.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about robovacs on a cruise forum?  It rarely seems to fit the conversation.

Glad you are feeling better Joe.

I forgot something in that last update. Our younger daughter (aka the artist, whose work I’ve shown in earlier live blogs) got her acceptance notice for the summer Japanese Language and Cultural Immersion program that she applied for nearly a year ago!

Assuming she’s able to get vaccinated in time and nothing else comes along to muck things up, she’ll be spending 4 weeks with a host family in Kyoto from mid-July through mid-August.

This is a huge deal for her. She’s been self-studying Japanese for almost a year now, and has been saving money from her part-time job to help pay for it (until her job was let go due to COVID-19 anyway). She hopes to live and work in Japan after college; she wants to get into character design for one of the smaller video game firms there. We’re really happy for her!

How exciting her dreams are coming to fruition.... I hope she can get vaccinated prior to going as the Olympics are on at this time and I imagine there will be a great influx of people from all over the world ...My son is being recruited by a video game developer in Germany so he may be off on his adventure soon too..... unfortunately we in Australia have not had a vaccine roll out yet  so I have got my fingers crossed he can get one before he has to go....It is very hard for the young ones to plan and get ahead in these times it is nice (for a change) to hear a good story

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

At least we didn’t start talking about pizza! Lol

Fun fact, I leave the pizza stone in the oven. When not cooking pizza I just toss whatever pan on top of it. My wife says that's why things cook slower, I think the oven is just garbage. 🙂

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Change a word

Not really much to report. There is some kind of "tape" that was covering the incision site, and that's now started to come off on its own. Underneath, I can see what looks like a nicely healing incision. That's as descriptive as I'll get, to spare those with more sensitive constitutions. 😄 

And we checked our daughter's bank account balance, to see how much see had actually saved up from work for the trip to Japan. She was thrilled to find out that even though she hasn't worked since February of last year, she was so aggressive with her savings during the time she was working that she has almost enough to pay for the whole thing! She had originally been saving up for a used car that she wanted to buy when she turned 18; but between learning about this program, and realizing that if she does move to Japan there would be no way to keep any car she bought, she decided when she applied that it was better to use the money for this. My wife and I will be paying the balance on the tuition along with her airfare, but she's done a great job of learning about saving, budgeting, and putting off some of those "instant gratification" purchases to be able to hit a longer-term goal.

Oh, and we found out that 10% of the trip cost is being covered by the program operator through a merit grant thanks to her grades. Kudos, kiddo!