YIPPEE !! Finally August 21, 2021 Symphony Opens for Booking

WAAAYTOOO

NOT QUITE YET...

....is this going to be a Live Blog.  I am NOT looking to set the new World Land Speed Record for starting the earliest Live Blog.  It will turn into a live blog MUCH later when we get closer to sail date.

I just wanted to announce to the world that the long anticipated 8 night Symphony itinerary for 21 - 29 August 2021 has finally shown up on the website !!!! 

I've been stalking this cruise for months.  They announced the itinerary - Labadee, Aruba and Curacao - months ago, but never opened it for booking until today.

I quickly snagged one of the Deck 8 Aqua Theater Suites because I could not afford (or didn't want) any of the other Star Class rooms that were left.  Believe it or not, some of the SC rooms were already gone by the time I got there !!  The aft-facing Star Loft was there but I don't really want that one.  I have NO interest in that awful Ultimate Family thing and the Royal Loft is WAAAY out of my price range on this cruise (and so was the Ultimate Family thing, to be fair).

So let the fun begin.  I BELIEVE that this will be the first Oasis class ship to go to Aruba and Curacao.  I could be wrong about that.  For sure it will be the first time Symphony has been there.  This will also be my first cruise on Symphony and I'm very excited. 3 ports in 8 days is my idea of heaven.

Interest, anyone ?

This type of itinerary is a game changer for me. Looking less than 2 years in the future I have finished school and am on the strict teachers schedule going to southern Caribbean in less than 9 nights is impossible with my schedule unless I’m going to San Juan which from Winnipeg Canada costs more per person than the cruise itself. 

Just now, Kelslovestocruise said:

This type of itinerary is a game changer for me. Looking less than 2 years in the future I have finished school and am on the strict teachers schedule going to southern Caribbean in less than 9 nights is impossible with my schedule unless I’m going to San Juan which from Winnipeg Canada costs more per person than the cruise itself. 

Grab a room and let’s go !

23 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am NOT looking to set the new World Land Speed Record for starting the earliest Live Blog.  It will turn into a live blog MUCH later when we get closer to sail date.

Creation of Thread * (Explanation of Booking + Cabin Selection Details + Itinerary Coverage) = Live Blog Started

You have the forum record for earliest Live Blog, whether desired or not. ?

@Matt, you are fully and completely on the hook for starting this horrible, awful, terrible, no good trend (that I will now shamelessly find some reason to follow).

@twangster, your crown is gone unless that other cruise you mentioned in what WAS the earliest live blog at the time is still within the window of victory.

@Lovetocruise2002, you are hereby in fourth place. No bronze for you!

image.gif.c87873a09c0ff47a845e02a5d14290be.gif

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

@Lovetocruise2002, you are hereby in fourth place. No bronze for you!

Oh thank goodness!  This Canadian is tired of getting blamed! ?

And I love that gif.  I have been using that line on many kids ever since Madalorian started.  Best line ever!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Kat9661 said:

That’s how I found this site, through @lovetocruuse2002 Her cruise blog was great. 
I enjoy reading anything cruise related I can find these days.

That’s awesome! There are quite a few people from our cruise community on this sailing! The more the merrier. I cannot wait. You will love Symphony. It was the 8 night itinerary that attracted us, that is rare for Oasis class. That and the chance to sail with friends. ? 

10 hours ago, Kat9661 said:

Can I tell you I’m kicking myself for not booking a Crown Loft after reading your review? Deck 17 looks divine! Oh well, I’ll stalk the availability and consider a room switch. 

I love the lofts!  Are the crown lofts all sold out already?  If you can upgrade, do it!  We have quite the party on Deck 17 already for that sailing.  Maybe that's why Deck 17 is sold out. lol