Lovetocruise2002

"Follow That Star...Our Journey Back to Oasis" - Star Class - 3/15/2020-3/22/2020

18 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I was going to mention that! Good news: they have a fail safe... you can each only book 3 while onboard ... the "damage" can be limited to 6 per couple! 😁🤣😁

Well if you have 4 adults with you, then we could make it to 12🥳Bart Simpson Saturday GIF

8 minutes ago, GlassSlipper said:

We are on Deck 9 on Oasis just a couple of  weeks after you-can’t wait to see the pictures and hopefully a video.

There will definitely be pics and we’ll see about the video. I have yet to decide if I want to scope or not this sailing. 

Don’t hesitate to let me know if there is something specific that you are looking for.

4 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

So, @Lovetocruise2002, I have worked everyday since I departed the Oasis last Sunday. Finally I get a day off today and sat down to wrap up my blog.  Then I see this, which of course I HAD to read😂. I’m looking forward to following along. 

Happy to have you. I will be on a mission to find Djuro. 😉

On 2/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cabin

Trying out the ATS on Deck 9.  The girls are excited for their own bedroom, I am withholding my opinion for now.  The suite snob is slightly out of her comfort zone once again as Deck 9 is a bit far from Deck 17.

Pre-Cruise thoughts

• In addition to the Toronto Maple Leafs and Star Wars, Hubby loves Back to the Future, so we’re pretty interested in the new Aqua 80 show, especially after seeing pictures by @twangster.

I missed that the new Aqua show is 80s theme. Makes it more exciting (another Back to the Future fan 😄).

Curious....what do you like about on deck 17?  We've been on 7 and 10 before on Oasis class and found them both great in location beings near Central Park, Board Walk and even pool deck for latter.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Curious....what do you like about on deck 17?  We've been on 7 and 10 before on Oasis class and found them both great in location beings near Central Park, Board Walk and even pool deck for latter.

Hmm...where should I start?

- It's known as the "Gated Community" lol, the halls are very wide and quiet and the only traffic there are those staying on Deck 17.

- The proximity to CK and the Suite Lounge is a huge plus for us.  We make good use of that.  The ATS is going to be a bit of a trek.

- There is nothing like the Lofts.  The wide expanse of the cabin due to the high ceilings, the views, total "Wow" factor in these cabins.  This is probably the most important to us.

- The loft attendants are in a league of their own.  I would never have known this to be true until we experienced it ourselves.  And this is not saying that other cabin attendants are not good, but the service and they way the loft attendants conduct themselves it just different.

Thanks for explaining.  Never experienced suite perks so wasn't sure the difference. 😊

I just looked at the deck plan and see what you mean...how rooms on deck 17 are more isolated...so great for minimal traffic.  And can imagine the views of the 2 level lofts.  

Will be interested in your thoughts after you try the ATS.  They do look amazing and really spacious!  So hopefully you'll find it not as inconvenient as you are thinking and a great alternative room.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:47 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cabin

Trying out the ATS on Deck 9.  The girls are excited for their own bedroom, I am withholding my opinion for now.  The suite snob is slightly out of her comfort zone once again as Deck 9 is a bit far from Deck 17.

This should be a great place to watch the Aqua show from. And you will love it!  The best of the 3 I have seen. The couple we took with us said it was the best show of any kind they had ever seen.  I also really enjoyed the escape room if you like that kind of thing. Enjoy the upgrades to your first love. She was amazing!  

10 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

This should be a great place to watch the Aqua show from. And you will love it!  The best of the 3 I have seen. The couple we took with us said it was the best show of any kind they had ever seen.  I also really enjoyed the escape room if you like that kind of thing. Enjoy the upgrades to your first love. She was amazing!  

Funny you say that because we specifically asked to watch the show from the Aqua Theatre not our balcony the first time around. We will catch it on our balcony as well. It will be interesting to compare both perspectives. 

2 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Here I've been debating on when/if to start a blog for our Oasis cruise, and @Lovetocruise2002 beat me to starting her blog for a sailing 3 weeks after mine...  At least I won't have to put all of the precruise genie stuff.  

The more the merrier. Honestly though, I only started it now cause I did not want to back track with all the pre-cruise Genie stuff. I like to just blog it as it happens. 

13 hours ago, betatke1480 said:

Here I've been debating on when/if to start a blog for our Oasis cruise, and @Lovetocruise2002 beat me to starting her blog for a sailing 3 weeks after mine...  At least I won't have to put all of the precruise genie stuff.  

I love Star Class Blogs!  There can never be enough!  Go for it!

25 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I've been looking forward to when this blog started. I can't wait to follow along. At least next week since I'm on a cruise, I wont have too much FOMO, afterwards though, it will be real......

I have had FOMO for about 6 months now!  Cannot wait, only 30 more sleeps (as the kids say lol)...

Sabrina, i have a muy imporrante question (to me):

I'm am very interested in the hair dryer in your suite. On Anthem, it was cheap and you had to hold a button down while drying your hair for hot air to come out. I was kicking myself for not packing my own. If you could do a full post and review on the hair dryer sitch, I'm sure there may be one other person on the planet besides me that would appreciate that! 🤣

Thank you in advance. 

22 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Sabrina, i have a muy imporrante question (to me):

I'm am very interested in the hair dryer in your suite. On Anthem, it was cheap and you had to hold a button down while drying your hair for hot air to come out. I was kicking myself for not packing my own. If you could do a full post and review on the hair dryer sitch, I'm sure there may be one other person on the planet besides me that would appreciate that! 🤣

Thank you in advance. 

I will check it out but I can almost guarantee that it will be a cheapo one.  Even in the Star Loft last year, it was not impressive.  One step us from the white cheapo ones in the regular cabins but still not great.  We always bring our own.  But I will definitely check it out for you.  I get it.  I am equally obsessed about my hair. 😄

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will check it out but I can almost guarantee that it will be a cheapo one.  Even in the Star Loft last year, it was not impressive.  One step us from the white cheapo ones in the regular cabins but still not great.  We always bring our own.  But I will definitely check it out for you.  I get it.  I am equally obsessed about my hair. 😄

I knew you would appreciate the importance of this most pressing request! 😅

If you don't pull out the dryers, no worries. We are driving so i will pack my own. I had carpal tunnel from those dang things on Anthem! 😳

Really, really looking forward to your onboard review, especially where you wind up eating. So many choices!  I need to do a good 20 now so i can gain 10 back onboard.... 

Some updates from this past week: 

Izzy has confirmed that the Thermal Spa is indeed complimentary for Star Class guest.  Each adult receives a one day pass.  Too bad for the kids.  We asked Izzy if we needed to pick a day and make reservations ahead of time.  He told us no, we could just show up whenever and he would let the spa receptionist know and they will handle the charges.

The other thing that I found interesting, which I did not know before this, is that they reserve specific blocks of time in the Escape Room for SC guests.  He originally had us in for Day 7 and we wanted another time and date.  He told us that if we went to a time slot that wasn't blocked for SC, we would have to pay the normal fee.  Again, there may or may not be inconsistencies with this between ships in the fleet.  In the end, we moved to another SC time block.

We are just about a month away and everything is pretty much good to go.  All schedules and reservations are taken care of already.  Izzy has already given us information on what to do when we arrive at Terminal A.  I am really pleased with how smooth this has been.  I also think that it has to do with the fact that I know more of what to expect this time. 

I asked Izzy if he could make time go faster?  That is pretty much the only "No" that I have received so far. 😆