twangster

🎵Panama! 🎵 Vision of the Seas Oct. 30, 2019

Follow up on the transfer to the Port of Miami.  Royal offered this for free. 

I left my cabin around 7:30am to let my cabin attendant prep it for the next guest and hung out in the Schooner Bar.  Voom worked until 9am when they cycled it for the next cruise.  

Around 9:45am I got off and made my way through CBP.  No facial recognition in terminal 18 yet.  Outside I went to the right where buses for airport transfers purchased from Royal meet.  They put me on the Miami airport bus and around 10.40am we left terminal 18 in Port Everglades.

We stopped twice at Miami airport at two different terminals where the bulk of folks got off.  We then proceeded to the port.  First stop terminal A and Navigator where two guests got off.  Next stop terminal G for Empress where 6 guests got off.  It was pretty close to noon when we reached Empress.  

Painless check in and onto the ship.  Beverage in hand at 12:23pm.  Lyft was $36 and Uber was $39 so with tip that was roughly a $40 savings.  

I really appreciated this extra effort from Royal.  Loyalty pays.

Just an amazing live blog, @twangster! Thanks so much for sharing. I’ve mulled over whether I might want to do this kind of trip some day, and while it’s still in the “some day” bucket it’s a solid, “Yeah, I’d definitely like to experience this.”

The part of me that’s always enjoyed taking things apart and figuring out how they work is busting at the seams to get a close look at those locks.

I finally got time to review your fantastic blog.  We returned from a 12 day cruise on Serenade on Nov 8th.  Needless to say, your blog got me out of the “post cruise blues”.  We are looking forward to making this trip some day.  Once again, thanks for sharing your experiences!!!