Jump to content
kontraxed

Diamond - At Last!

Recommended Posts

Following my last cruise, I have finally joined the exalted ranks of the Diamond clan. So, I believe being Diamond gets you on the ship earlier. Does it let you disembark at the end of the cruise any easier? What about those free drinks? Is it three free drinks a night or just for the duration of the cruise? Can you get those drinks at any bar? Any other great benefits to being Diamond? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

Following my last cruise, I have finally joined the exalted ranks of the Diamond clan. So, I believe being Diamond gets you on the ship earlier. Does it let you disembark at the end of the cruise any easier? What about those free drinks? Is it three free drinks a night or just for the duration of the cruise? Can you get those drinks at any bar? Any other great benefits to being Diamond? Thanks!

Great news, yes unlimited drinks in the Diamond lounge and 3 drinks nightly in any bar during Diamond happy hour. See The C & A website for a full list https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-members/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

Following my last cruise, I have finally joined the exalted ranks of the Diamond clan. So, I believe being Diamond gets you on the ship earlier. Does it let you disembark at the end of the cruise any easier? What about those free drinks? Is it three free drinks a night or just for the duration of the cruise? Can you get those drinks at any bar? Any other great benefits to being Diamond? Thanks!

They give you 3 free drink at most bars per night of the cruise, so if you have a significant other that is also Diamond that is 6 free drinks per night. They did it this way so that if you wanted to spend time with non-diamond cruiser friend or relatives you can join them at any bar and even use one of your free drinks for them if you want, I think 4-8 happy hour every night.

But if you go to the Diamond lounge you get free drinks and snacks and the drinks don't count against your 3 free.

The attached is an old sheet but it will give you an idea of the perks.

2-9 Dec 2018_Diamond Perks_Oasis of the Seas.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most terminals have a Diamond line for check in.  It might be grouped with other tiers higher or lower but this varies greatly by port.

Some ships will provide a higher ranked luggage tag for Diamond debarking.  For self assist there typically is no Diamond benefit, join the line like everyone else.

Diamond Happy Hour drinks are from a specific menu.  Your favorite brand of something may not be on the list.  For example a gin and tonic today is Tanqueray and tonic.  If you only drink Sapphire or something else you have to pay for that like you always have. 

iTvF4RY.jpg

Happy hour drinks in the Diamond Lounge are not typically counted against your 3 "coupons".  You are allowed to share the coupons at bars outside of the Diamond Lounge with non-Diamond friends or family.  Bottled water is available during happy hour only.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

They give you 3 free drink at most bars per night of the cruise, so if you have a significant other that is also Diamond that is 6 free drinks per night. They did it this way so that if you wanted to spend time with non-diamond cruiser friend or relatives you can join them at any bar and even use one of your free drinks for them if you want, I think 4-8 happy hour every night.

But if you go to the Diamond lounge you get free drinks and snacks and the drinks don't count against your 3 free.

The attached is an old sheet but it will give you an idea of the perks.

2-9 Dec 2018_Diamond Perks_Oasis of the Seas.pdf 914.38 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry I don't think you should be sharing your vouchers with non-D"s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

Diamond Happy Hour drinks are from a specific menu.  Your favorite brand of something may not be on the list.  For example a gin and tonic today is Tanqueray and tonic.  If you only drink Sapphire or something else you have to pay for that like you always have. 

 

 

If it's free, I'm not being picky.

We are 2 away from Diamond, counting the one coming up in a few weeks.  We may have to book one more while on-board just to get us over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

They give you 3 free drink at most bars per night of the cruise, so if you have a significant other that is also Diamond that is 6 free drinks per night. They did it this way so that if you wanted to spend time with non-diamond cruiser friend or relatives you can join them at any bar and even use one of your free drinks for them if you want, I think 4-8 happy hour every night.

But if you go to the Diamond lounge you get free drinks and snacks and the drinks don't count against your 3 free.

The attached is an old sheet but it will give you an idea of the perks.

2-9 Dec 2018_Diamond Perks_Oasis of the Seas.pdf 914.38 kB · 2 downloads

My wife is 7 points ahead of me, but our accounts are linked.  She will hit Diamond one cruise ahead of me.  It's my understanding that we are both at the highest level of the two.  I know when we linked the two accounts a few cruises ago, I was automatically bumped up to her level even though our points are different,

Am I understanding this correctly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flacruiser99 said:

Yea, keep doing and posting about it and the voucher perc will go poof!

Crown and Anchor encourages it.  It educates non-Diamond cruises about the perks and encourages them to go for Diamond.  

It is allowed, just like sharing the 10 drink cards, it's actually encouraged.  Not to be confused with drink packages that can not be shared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

My wife is 7 points ahead of me, but our accounts are linked.  She will hit Diamond one cruise ahead of me.  It's my understanding that we are both at the highest level of the two.  I know when we linked the two accounts a few cruises ago, I was automatically bumped up to her level even though our points are different,

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, that is correct.  You just need to follow along and "do your job"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Crown and Anchor encourages it.  It educates non-Diamond cruises about the perks and encourages them to go for Diamond.  

It is allowed, just like sharing the 10 drink cards, it's actually encouraged.  Not to be confused with drink packages that can not be shared.

Yep, same thing I was told, I'm not going to get in to the free discussion, about you pay for everything somehow some way. But this is a perk, not something I have paid for like a deluxe drink package.

I don't drink anyway, so my 3 go to my wife, is that also worng?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twangster said:

At a bar it will count as one of your coupons.  In the DL it does not, typically.  Choose wisely.

OK, yeah not what I though, but still great to know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

Following my last cruise, I have finally joined the exalted ranks of the Diamond clan. So, I believe being Diamond gets you on the ship earlier. Does it let you disembark at the end of the cruise any easier? What about those free drinks? Is it three free drinks a night or just for the duration of the cruise? Can you get those drinks at any bar? Any other great benefits to being Diamond? Thanks!

In addition to the happy hour drink vouchers on your seapass or the drinks in the Diamond Lounge, don't forget there are other drink specials, which will be explained in the letter you receive in your stateroom.  I believe you may have already been provided a copy by another member.  For example, there should be a 2-for-1 and other discounts.  If you like photos, take advantage of the free picture (for each Diamond member).  We avoid buying Voom because we can each use a day of internet in the event of an emergency.  Enjoy your cruise!  PS.   If you want to disembark early, I recommend carrying your luggage off....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations it really is the best perk Royal offers in my opinion....access to the Diamond Lounge. Inside you will meet some great people, they offer a breakfast in the morning, snacks throughout the day and a great social event for 3 hours in the evening with drinks and appetizers. There is a great espresso machine for lattes all day and the lounge is available 24/7 for you to enjoy, read a book and the view from many Diamond Lounges is amazing. You will also have access to the Diamond Concierge who can help you with many things and save you so much time as you will never need to go to guest services....

Enjoy your new status!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob&Ana said:

they offer a breakfast in the morning, snakes throughout the day and a great social event for 3 hours in the evening with drinks and appetizers

 

I haven’t noticed any free snakes so far but the O class ships offer snacks throughout the day.  On non-Oasis Class ships the snacks are limited to a few hours in the morning and at the happy hours around dinner time.  I’ll keep my eyes open for the snakes though.  I will want to know if anyone else sees them. 

😉😉😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...