Jump to content
KimS

Rolexes & Fine Jewelry worn onboard

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, KimS said:

I've heard that some people wear their Rolexes & other fine jewelry onboard. Wanted to know if that was the case.

Thanks!  KimS

I don't have a Rolex or anything, but I do have some nice items I enjoy. I wear my nice jewelry when I'm on the ship. On shore days, it stays locked in the safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Face it, some people go on cruises/vacations to engage in a game of "Hey, look at me" with people they don't even know.

Thanks for you answer, lol….. but seriously, I don't feel comfortable leaving it at home & never ever take it off. But never to show it off, gosh there's so many fake ones out there, that probably would be the smart thing to do if ya happen to like the look of one! Usually don't check out whose got one on or not! Lol….. But thanks anyhow !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

I don't have a Rolex or anything, but I do have some nice items I enjoy. I wear my nice jewelry when I'm on the ship. On shore days, it stays locked in the safe.

Thanks KriisiZ, We're going on Symphony of the Seas for our 40th anniversary, & have worn my jewelry with a lot of groups feeling safe, but gosh it's been everywhere with me,lol…. Alaska,in the jungles of Costa Rica, Jamaica ,Hawaii ( Always with a group )…. too old to remember, lol. I saw how how expensive some of the jewelry was onboard the ship, so figured it probably was safe. Thanks Again !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KimS said:

I've heard that some people wear their Rolexes & other fine jewelry onboard. Wanted to know if that was the case.

This question sounds like your casing the joint. Are you gonna "Ocean's Eleven" the cruise? :6_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will be fine.  Now there might be some ports that you might not want to wear it ashore at.  Then just lock it in the room safe.  Then again if you have it insured, as you should, then wear it where ever you want.

There are people that travel with lots of watches and jewelry.  Just make sure you have it properly insured and enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KristiZ said:

I don't have a Rolex or anything, but I do have some nice items I enjoy. I wear my nice jewelry when I'm on the ship. On shore days, it stays locked in the safe.

 

14 hours ago, KimS said:

Thanks for you answer, lol….. but seriously, I don't feel comfortable leaving it at home & never ever take it off. But never to show it off, gosh there's so many fake ones out there, that probably would be the smart thing to do if ya happen to like the look of one! Usually don't check out whose got one on or not! Lol….. But thanks anyhow !

 

14 hours ago, KimS said:

Thanks KriisiZ, We're going on Symphony of the Seas for our 40th anniversary, & have worn my jewelry with a lot of groups feeling safe, but gosh it's been everywhere with me,lol…. Alaska,in the jungles of Costa Rica, Jamaica ,Hawaii ( Always with a group )…. too old to remember, lol. I saw how how expensive some of the jewelry was onboard the ship, so figured it probably was safe. Thanks Again !

I think you should be you. Wear it when and where you want to. If others want to think you are showing off, so what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FManke said:

 

 

I think you should be you. Wear it when and where you want to. If others want to think you are showing off, so what.

I agree...if you wear it at home do you worry about what others think?  you be you.  I'll admire it for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, function12 said:

You will be fine.  Now there might be some ports that you might not want to wear it ashore at.  Then just lock it in the room safe.  Then again if you have it insured, as you should, then wear it where ever you want.

There are people that travel with lots of watches and jewelry.  Just make sure you have it properly insured and enjoy it.

Thanks for answering!  I was surprised when I heard so many people wore their expensive stuff on the cruises now 😳, so many years ago I got my husband a beautiful Daytona, surprised him, as we were walking back to the ship handed him the bag & he went straight to the bar‼️ Kept getting double vodkas, lol. Guy finally asked him, anything wrong, my husband told him what I did & the guy told him people would cut off his arm , & there I am sitting with mine not even thinking about it-but husband is more a G-Shock guy! 🙄 But I do love seeing it on him. Thanks again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people are not even going to notice it.  If they do then they think is might be a fake.  Just be mindful of your surroundings and stay in the tourist areas.  Good things don't happen after midnight and down side streets.

I purchased a YG Daytona from Ultra Jewels in Cozumel a few months before the Daytona craziness ( I saved 10K).  I put it on my wrist before I left the shop.  Caught a cab and headed back to the terminal.  I was a little nervous but I was dressed way down.  So, I am sure most people thought it was just some fake gold watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I will put a plug in for jewelers mutual insurance. I have 5+ precious metal Rolex watch’s all in the $xx,xxx.xx price range and they are all insured (as are my wife’s). This is piece of mind. I never have to worry about leaving our watches in the room safe or taking them with us off the ship. You should look into this option if you are concerned at all about where or when you can where your timepieces. And also for the record, zero fu*ks given about other people’s reaction to our watches. We wear them for us and nobody else. With that being said in the 20 years I’ve been wearing Rolex watches I’ve only had a handful of people notice or comment on my watch. People (unless they are watch fanatics) don’t notice watches and especially yellow gold watches as they assume that it’s a fake gold Michael Kors exc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marti314 said:

Time.

ROFL Skid, Alrighty then I’m gonna wear my watch that I love on my 40th anniversary,  60 this year & gonna just enjoy❣️ 🤣  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SPS said:

This question sounds like your casing the joint. Are you gonna "Ocean's Eleven" the cruise? :6_smile:

I feel like "Ocean's Eight" would actually be more accurate here. You know....the one where they actually steal jewelry off of peoples necks? 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...