Mathew Jones

Deluxe Beverage Package cheaper than Black Friday

Does anyone know if October 27th sailing from Galveston if a package will go on sale,right now it is $66.50 Canadian a day,, since we booked in January it has gone up a $1, for us Canadians it is a big chunk of money

3 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes! 😁

It's now $46 for our Allure sailing on 5/19/19... just cancelled and repurchased!

It is usually $52 for our sailing... first purchased it during last CP sale at $49... woo hoo!

We are on this sailing also and got the $46 deal tonight.  None of other 5 cruises my family has booked is any cheaper though.  A recent Allure cruise the package went down to about $39 the week before.  I don't think we will be that lucky.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unfortunately, nothing for any of my upcoming cruises is reduced to a level where I haven't already purchased or declined to purchase.  😞

I know the feeling, $49 has been the lowest lately.

Can't wait until my next Star Class then I don't have to worry about it.

16 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes! 😁

It's now $46 for our Allure sailing on 5/19/19... just cancelled and repurchased!

It is usually $52 for our sailing... first purchased it during last CP sale at $49... woo hoo!

I'm on the same sailing. Booked last week for $49, cancelling and repurchasing now. On hold with them since cruise planner is messed up on all browsers right now. Hope I didn't miss a better deal!

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Can't wait until my next Star Class then I don't have to worry about it.

What a great Star Class attitude !  I know it's a total mind game (one that RC LOVES, I'm sure) but it's very true.  I look at the prices for the dining packages and drink packages EVERY day on the SC cruises I have booked and then I just say to myself  "I don't have to worry about that !".   

13 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

If only i could get into mine to see if they are cheaper 😞 Darn website is non co-operative 

I was having the same issue.... Try clearing your cache/cookies, try a private/incognito window, or try a new browser. I called to book and apparently I had something in my cart causing an error.

It was a five minute hold, but I would recommend calling since it seems prices have dropped on a lot recently.

2 hours ago, b_resh_uh said:

I was having the same issue.... Try clearing your cache/cookies, try a private/incognito window, or try a new browser. I called to book and apparently I had something in my cart causing an error.

It was a five minute hold, but I would recommend calling since it seems prices have dropped on a lot recently.

Tried all the options but calling ..... may have to try that one 

I found a savings !!  YIPPEE !!  The DBP is being offered on my Freedom April 28 cruise for $44.  I had previously paid $47 so I cancelled the $47 package and purchased the $44 package.  When I checked earlier this morning I could not get to the Cruise Planner for this cruise so I didn't know until just a little while ago that the DBP was actually "on sale".'

YIPPEE !!!!!

The Deals on Deck sale runs between March 7 and March 11, 2019 and is valid on sailings between March 13, 2019 - September 30, 2019.

Royal Caribbean states guests can expect to find discounts on:

• Beverage Packages: Up to 30% off on select sailings
    • Deluxe Beverage Package + VOOM Surf & Stream 1 Device: Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • Deluxe Beverage Package: Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • Refreshment Package: 30% off onboard prices. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Save up to 25% on select shore excursions. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Internet
    • VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • VOOM Surf Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Dining Packages
    • 3 Night Dining Package.  Discount varies by ship. (Excludes MA, MJ, QN, OA Interporting + Master Sailings and Charter Sailings).
    • 3 Night, 4 Night and 5 Night Ultimate Dining Package. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Adventure, Allure, Explorer,Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Majesty, Oasis, Ovation, Quantum, Rhapsody and Charter Sailings).
  • Activities: Up to 10% off on select sailings
    • All Access Ship Tour: 10% off. (Excludes Charter Sailings)

We're going on a 14 Night TA on Oasis (April 21-May 5), and the price is really good right now ($44), but I'm balking at purchasing just because 2x14x$44 is a hefty amount.  Any feedback on purchasing the DBP for a longer (i.e., 14+ nights) cruise?

8 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Any feedback on purchasing the DBP for a longer (i.e., 14+ nights) cruise?

I purchased both the UDP and the DBP on our Christmas/NY cruise on Grandeur last year (12 nights) and honestly, I don't think I would do it again.  As much as I love the specialty restaurants, how many times can you go to Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi (nobody's talking to you, Matt 😋) for lunch and dinner with 6 sea days ?  The drinks package was pretty much the same way.  After a week or so, I basically used the drink package for canned Cokes only.

There is a scenario where you can wait a few days and purchase the UDP later in the cruise.  But typically most people do their heaviest "partying" at the beginning of the cruise so if you are one of THOSE people then you probably wouldn't want to wait.  Unfortunately, there is no way to buy it early and cut it off for the last days of the cruise....

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I purchased both the UDP and the DBP on our Christmas/NY cruise on Grandeur last year (12 nights) and honestly, I don't think I would do it again.  As much as I love the specialty restaurants, how many times can you go to Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi (nobody's talking to you, Matt 😋) for lunch and dinner with 6 sea days ?  The drinks package was pretty much the same way.  After a week or so, I basically used the drink package for canned Cokes only.

There is a scenario where you can wait a few days and purchase the UDP later in the cruise.  But typically most people do their heaviest "partying" at the beginning of the cruise so if you are one of THOSE people then you probably wouldn't want to wait.  Unfortunately, there is no way to buy it early and cut it off for the last days of the cruise....

I'm struggling with the same thing for the Anthem GC, and it is only 9 nights, there is really only 5 restaurants plus the MDR, so we will be eating at some of them 2 times at least. I bought the deluxe drink package, but I'm not positive we will get the full benefit.

5 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I'm struggling with the same thing for the Anthem GC, and it is only 9 nights, there is really only 5 restaurants plus the MDR, so we will be eating at some of them 2 times at least. I bought the deluxe drink package, but I'm not positive we will get the full benefit.

Well...now the other side of my split personality will come out...and say that often (lately) it has been more about having options than $$value for me.  I am absolutely, 100% positive that the drinks package is NOT a financial "win" for me.  I am not much of a drinker to begin with and as the cruise goes on I am normally even less interested in drinking BUT when I have the DBP I know that I CAN drink anything that I want at any time so I find some kind of twisted satisfaction in that.  The same is true of the dining package.  I like to have the  OPTION of eating anywhere I want and I blame Star Class for this.  I will call this SCES (Star Class Entitlement Syndrome).

5 hours ago, nanowerx said:

My June Harmony cruise has been bouncing between $52 & $56. I am at least waiting until it dips down into the upper 40s before I jump....if it ever does!

Same month, ship and plan as me!     I’m Diamond now so I have been contemplating even buying but if it hits an number in the forties I’m buying 

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well...now the other side of my split personality will come out...and say that often (lately) it has been more about having options than $$value for me.  I am absolutely, 100% positive that the drinks package is NOT a financial "win" for me.  I am not much of a drinker to begin with and as the cruise goes on I am normally even less interested in drinking BUT when I have the DBP I know that I CAN drink anything that I want at any time so I find some kind of twisted satisfaction in that.  The same is true of the dining package.  I like to have the  OPTION of eating anywhere I want and I blame Star Class for this.  I will call this SCES (Star Class Entitlement Syndrome).

That was kinda my logic when I got my MIL the Refreshment Package vs just putting some credit on her SeaPass.  She doesn't drink alcohol at all (she will have one drink once in a blue moon and then she's good for a couple months, lol), but I wanted her to have free reign of any sodas, blended drinks, coffee drinks, whatever she felt like.  It wound up being $72 or so, and I know she didn't get anywhere near $72 worth of beverages.  But if I hadn't gotten her the package, she would've stuck to the free water, tea and lemonade because she'd worry about chipping away at the set budget and the whole point of the trip was to make sure she didn't have a care in the world.

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The drink package for my December Navigator cruise is $52 today.  It was $52 yesterday. And it was $52 when we booked 2 weeks ago. And all of the days in between (yep, I check every day).  Still hoping that it will budge at SOME point.

I'm sure it will, you've got plenty of time.  I'm still looking at $56 in October, but I expect I'll get it for $45ish eventually.