Jump to content
Lovetocruise2002

“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have no prior Genie experience to compare it to, but from what I have heard from others, not all Genies are as thorough as this.  Some people don't even hear from their Genies until very close to sail date and the emails traded are few and far between.  I cannot wait to meet her on Sunday!

We're sailing in 10 days and have received one email from our Genie. And only then after I emailed the concierge asking if they had forgotten about us.  Since then, nothing more from the Genie. Very disappointed in the communication from this Genie and already negatively impacting the opinion of our first Star Class experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TrophyHusband said:

We're sailing in 10 days and have received one email from our Genie. And only then after I emailed the concierge asking if they had forgotten about us.  Since then, nothing more from the Genie. Very disappointed in the communication from this Genie and already negatively impacting the opinion of our first Star Class experience.

You wouldn’t happen to be on Oasis by any chance would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TrophyHusband said:

We're sailing in 10 days and have received one email from our Genie. And only then after I emailed the concierge asking if they had forgotten about us.  Since then, nothing more from the Genie. Very disappointed in the communication from this Genie and already negatively impacting the opinion of our first Star Class experience.

Hmmm...definitely not typical from my experience.  Do you mind if I ask the name of your Genie ?

Did you receive the SC questionnaire a month or so from your sail date ?

What kind of questions/information did your Genie provide in the email you did receive ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hmmm...definitely not typical from my experience.  Do you mind if I ask the name of your Genie ?

Did you receive the SC questionnaire a month or so from your sail date ?

What kind of questions/information did your Genie provide in the email you did receive ?

We received our SC questionnaire on January 15th which we completed and sent back the next day. That was the only contact we had until March 3rd when I emailed the Oasis concierge asking if we had an assigned Genie and if they had forgotten about us.

Later that night I received an email from our Genie; 

"Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean. I hope you’re getting excited for your upcoming adventure. My name is XXX and I am thrilled to serve as your Royal Genie. I can’t wait to welcome you to your XXXX Suite XXX onboard Oasis of the Seas on Sunday, March 17, 2019. 
I’m thrilled to help you create the most memorable vacation ever. If you have any requests for dining, shows, tours, activities or are celebrating any special occasions, please send them my way. To get started, I recommend you begin reserving your Shore Excursions and any Spa services now on Cruise Planner http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner.
Star Class is a wonderful program with exclusive services and amenities, due to the nature and exclusivity of the program these services are only for the guests residing in the Star Class Suites which allows to provide a better experience.
Once I hear back from you, I’ll reach out again to confirm all the exciting details. From this point on, any questions or requests can be sent my way. I’m looking forward to seeing you onboard soon and helping to make your trip extra special."

I responded that night acknowledging receipt of the email and asking a few simple questions. I'm still waiting for him to "reach out again to confirm all the exciting details". 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TrophyHusband said:

Yes. We are sailing on Oasis on March 17th. Why??

I have heard from a few other star class cruisers on OA in the next few weeks who have had very similar experiences. Not sure what is going on with the Genies there. I am actually really surprised because the Genies on OA are long standing ones. Not newbies. Hopefully you will get on board and it will more than make up for the lack of pre-cruise communication. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have heard from a few other star class cruisers on OA in the next few weeks who have had very similar experiences. Not sure what is going on with the Genies there. I am actually really surprised because the Genies on OA are long standing ones. Not newbies. Hopefully you will get on board and it will more than make up for the lack of pre-cruise communication. 

Like you, I'm a planner. And when I read your blog, and others, about the planning pre-cruise you did with your Genie it pisses me off, thinking....no...knowing, we've already missed out on some things.

- Reserving Cabanas? Now probably too late 
- Dinner plans? Not done
- CK Menus? No idea

Especially considering RCL advertises contact with your Genie 4-weeks before cruising to facilitate your "expereince"

"Approximately 4 weeks before:  Your Royal Genie will contact you via email in order to finalize the details of your vacation."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to our regularly scheduled program 😉

2 days out!!

Today’s agenda:

Attempt to teach 31 tweens/teens who are just as ready for vacation as I am 😩

Mani/Pedi with my girls after school 💅🏻

Go home and eat the bare minimum since I will go into the widely known “star class food coma” soon. 🍝

Finish packing 🧳

Head to bed 😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TrophyHusband said:

Like you, I'm a planner. And when I read your blog, and others, about the planning pre-cruise you did with your Genie it pisses me off, thinking....no...knowing, we've already missed out on some things.

- Reserving Cabanas? Now probably too late 
- Dinner plans? Not done
- CK Menus? No idea

Especially considering RCL advertises contact with your Genie 4-weeks before cruising to facilitate your "expereince"

"Approximately 4 weeks before:  Your Royal Genie will contact you via email in order to finalize the details of your vacation."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

I'm a major planner too so I'd be peeved as well.  Our genie contact on Allure was excellent, now I can't even get a simple question answered by the suite concierge for the same cruise you are on (Oasis 03-17).

 

We are already playing the "this time two weeks from now we will be at Chops" etc. game 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Back to our regularly scheduled program 😉

2 days out!!

Today’s agenda:

Attempt to teach 31 tweens/teens who are just as ready for vacation as I am 😩

Mani/Pedi with my girls after school 💅🏻

Go home and eat the bare minimum since I will go into the widely known “star class food coma” soon. 🍝

Finish packing 🧳

Head to bed 😴

Can't help but notice your to do list has nothing about feeding your pet moose, ice fishing or vacuuming your igloo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

HA !  Good luck with sleeping !  It'll never happen !

Actually I already have not been sleeping well the last couple nights! Too excited 😊 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can't help but notice your to do list has nothing about feeding your pet moose, ice fishing or vacuuming your igloo.

 

7 minutes ago, vancouverdude said:

She is to busy curling one last time!

You two are impossible! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is currently raining on my happy dance...

Sorry about that.

Been waiting for the “actual” cruise blog to start for weeks now - hope you have a fantastic time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is currently raining on my happy dance...

I take that notice to mean they had an outbreak of some sort, however minor (it hasn't made the network news... yet). Better to have the ship thoroughly sanitized than for you and the family to come down with norovirus or something just as bad!

And no, @Lovetocruise2002, there is no way you can pack enough of those hyper-cleansing wipes I know you bring on every trip to scour the entire ship!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The value of a genie is one of those things that @WAAAYTOOO always talks about. After I received the email above, I emailed Araceli right away. She replied within 1/2h and informed us not to worry that it is as @JLMoran suspected and they are taking extra precautions. Guess we can sleep in just a bit 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...