Lovetocruise2002

“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Since our original booking in January, I have re-priced our sold-out cabin 3 times for a total savings of almost $3000 less than what we originally booked for.  The cost was many hours of tracking, but it paid off. 

How do you reprice a sold out cabin?

Love your reviews and your wealth of knowledge and experience.  Am really excited for you to be trying star class, and your kids Oasis class.  We'll be on Symphony at same time (in measly Boardwalk balcony room .. lol) so will need to read your review after the fact but will definitely follow. Its exciting with the time leading up to a cruise...just 5 weeks.

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

How do you reprice a sold out cabin?

See this post: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10443-fare-reduction-for-phantom-cabin/&tab=comments#comment-98112

3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Love your reviews and your wealth of knowledge and experience.  Am really excited for you to be trying star class, and your kids Oasis class.  We'll be on Symphony at same time (in measly Boardwalk balcony room .. lol) so will need to read your review after the fact but will definitely follow. Its exciting with the time leading up to a cruise...just 5 weeks.

35 days and  counting!  Thanks for following even if it is after the fact. 🙂

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Joe @JLMoran i've seen Sabrina's @Lovetocruise2002 list for her Genie, in regards for those of us who don't have a genie trying to visit with her. 😯

4215389-6429447596-dcea1.jpg

You are always welcome to visit.  I told @Floski months ago that the more people who come along, the more interesting the blog would get 😄

9 hours ago, FlowBro Ty said:

@Lovetocruise2002 I Am Following. I Have Less Than Six Months To My Cruise On Harmony. Hope You Have A Great Time.

Thanks for following along.

Just now, ellcee said:

@bellemiche It's fun to read different blogs from the same cruise!

Could not agree more!

On 2/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Getting this party started early because I am just way too excited!  Can you tell? 😂  Here goes....

Woa, woa, woa...starting your live blog a month early? Who does such a thing!

23 minutes ago, mworkman said:

🤔 I think i'll blog our Alaskan cruise in 2020, should i start the thread now?😂 Or is it too late?  Please tell me i din't miss the window for submitting blog threads. 😫

Go for it! Lol!

Truthfully, I started this now because I had some time this past weekend to write it up and the week before we leave is going to be a really busy one.  Since it was written up and ready to go, I thought why not?

And I figured if @Matt can start his Brilliance blog 6 weeks early, then I am good with 5 weeks early. 😉

Update:

After a few twists and turns, and some uncertainty, we finally have a confirmed Genie!  And I couldn’t be any happier.

FFCDF289-A960-4F65-8AF4-5C387F28E750.jpeg.6481b1ee038d9ae4fac5f98c5a5ab497.jpeg

Araceli’s reputation precedes her and I have literally heard nothing but wonderful things about her. 

Let the real planning begin. We are already off to a great start. I asked her for Coastal Kitchen menus earlier and she sent them in less than 10 minutes!

Last night Araceli asked us to send over our dinner plans so she can start a preliminary schedule.  I then asked her to email me a copy of all CK menus and Specialty, which she did within minutes.  I am sad to report that Hubby has put his foot down and said no to CK except for Night 1.  You all know I love the filet on Night 1 so he gave in for that one.  Saying goodbye to my Braised Beef Gnocchi, Grilled Tofu, and Short Rib that I love. 

That leaves us with 6 nights of Specialty dining.

I've already told Araceli that Chef's table is out because that does not interest us, and we are also skipping Wonderland because once was enough for us.  That leaves us with Izumi Hibachi, Chops, 150 CP, and Jamie's.  We can do two of these restaurants twice. 

Which two would you do twice??

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Saying goodbye to my Braised Beef Gnocchi, Grilled Tofu, and Short Rib that I love. 

Ask your Genie about getting those dishes delivered to your room on the nights they are offered.  It may be food overkill, but I'm sure it can be arranged!  They made a dish from a different night's menu for us when we only had one night at CK on Symphony.

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Ask your Genie about getting those dishes delivered to your room on the nights they are offered.  It may be food overkill, but I'm sure it can be arranged!  They made a dish from a different night's menu for us when we only had one night at CK on Symphony.

The thought has already crossed my mind but I am not sure if my stomach can hold all that food!  Great tip about the different night's menu though.  I did not think they could do that.

2 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I will be following along...I hope to see some pics and reports from outside your gated community as that's where I will be on my Harmony cruise come Novemeber!... 🙂

You can count on it!  I will still be out and about for those kids of mine! 😂

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Izumi Hibachi, Chops, 150 CP, and Jamie's

My vote would be Izumi and Jamie's, or you can try what @AshleyDillo suggest and maybe having a dinner in your room, hubby could order what he want and you could order your CK, send the girls to Johnny Rockets.

We had Sabor delivered and it was great. We ate out on the deck which was awesome but it was hard to see (I'm getting old), it may have been better at the table.

Your meal choices are exactly the same as ours.  No Chef's Table, no Wonderland.

I imagine that once at the hibachi will be enough.  I have always found the food there to be mediocre but we continue to go for the "show".  It's always fun but once is always enough for us.  I am not a fan of Jaimie's so we will usually hit that once for dinner and maybe once for a lunch here or there.  I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.  I don't find the menu there to be that exciting.  I guess that really leaves Chops....and don't forget...you have 7 lunches to eat too !!  Dan absolutely loves the sushi side at Izumi so we go there a lot even though I am not crazy about it.  I usually choose lunch to go there b/c I can just get a bowl of soup or some tempura and that's enough for me.  The girls might like going to Johnny Rocket's at lunchtime.  Don't forget, the milkshakes are all included !

I'm sure that you will suffer from food fatigue before it's all over.  We ALWAYS do.  Nice problem to have though.

Just now, tiny260 said:

hubby could order what he want and you could order your CK

Hmm..that is a good idea too. I am still so hesitant on the dinner on the balcony thing because of the mixed reviews about food being lukewarm to cold.  I can see how that happens too.  Can't blame them for that.  At the moment, we plan on doing breakfast and some lunches on the balcony.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

and don't forget...you have 7 lunches to eat too !!  Dan absolutely loves the sushi side at Izumi so we go there a lot even though I am not crazy about it.  I usually choose lunch to go there b/c I can just get a bowl of soup or some tempura and that's enough for me.

We did this once and it was so good on Allure that I convinced Jaye to go back a second time, she's starting to accept that just maybe she might like Sushi, she is still not convinced.

Have not been on a ship that has the hot rocks yet, so I still want her to try that.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.  I don't find the menu there to be that exciting. 

They are rolling with the "new" menu now on Harmony.  We looked at it last night and did not find it that interesting.  That is going to be once for us likely.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

you have 7 lunches to eat too !!

That will likely be Sabor, Johnny Rockets, Izumi.  I am going to fall into a food coma.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The girls might like going to Johnny Rocket's at lunchtime.  Don't forget, the milkshakes are all included !

I think they will be living there.  They are already on it with the milkshakes and cheese fries, chili cheese fries, and bacon cheese fries lol.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.

Missed the bread and salts on Symphony. However the new rolls/bread served is delish. Warm, soft, buttery, salty, with a hint of earthiness.