Lovetocruise2002

“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This has been extremely relaxing in terms of not having the check the cruise planner multiple times etc.

It's definitely been strange not checking the CP for either my Anthem or Oasis sailings.  Although, probably a good thing since I'm in the middle of opening our salon right now, and just a little stressed.  This blog has been a nice distraction, and gives me plenty of time to start getting ready for the Anthem GC.

Just now, betatke1480 said:

It's definitely been strange not checking the CP for either my Anthem or Oasis sailings.  Although, probably a good thing since I'm in the middle of opening our salon right now, and just a little stressed.  This blog has been a nice distraction, and gives me plenty of time to start getting ready for the Anthem GC.

For someone as Type A as myself, it is very strange to hand over the control to someone else. But such a nice change.

19 hours ago, CGTLH said:

the Genie on Anthem he said it wasn't included and Chops on Symphony doesn't offer it.

Interesting.  I will ask Yen (Anthem) about that.  We won't be ordering it but I would like to know.  I didn't realize that Symphony didn't have the tower !  Very interesting !  Maybe b/c of Hooked ?

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting.  I will ask Yen (Anthem) about that.  We won't be ordering it but I would like to know.  I didn't realize that Symphony didn't have the tower !  Very interesting !  Maybe b/c of Hooked ?

No need to ask. Saw a posting from the very next sailing saying they got it (had different Genie).

Still have mixed opinions from that sailing.

Thinking the same thing when it comes to the tower on Symphony. Still the tower presentation beats is something.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Without a doubt, from what I've heard, it was your Genie who dropped the ball on that one.

Looking at their Facebook profile it shows current job "Former Royal Genie at Royal Caribbean Cruises". So it just makes me wonder if they decided to change career paths or something else.

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

Looking at their Facebook profile it shows current job "Former Royal Genie at Royal Caribbean Cruises". So it just makes me wonder if they decided to change career paths or something else.

Few months ago, it was still Ovation but who knows now...I still feel that a good/not great Genie can really make or break the experience.

Update:

So...either we have a really awesome and organized Genie (which I think is likely the case) or things get done unusually fast on Harmony.  We are 32 days out and we have our schedule pretty much finalized already. For those trying to calculate value, here is an example of some things we have on our schedule that is included with Star Class:

- Bridge and Galley tour

- Backstage tour 

- private Escape the Rubicon session 

- Cupcake making classes

Not much else to do at this point. It’s going to be a long wait... 

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So...either we have a really awesome and organized Genie (which I think is likely the case) or things get done unusually fast on Harmony.  We are 32 days out and we have our schedule pretty much finalized already. For those trying to calculate value, here is an example of some things we have on our schedule that is included with Star Class:

- Bridge and Galley tour

Happily following along here! So excited for you!! 

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It’s going to be a long wait... 

32 days...long wait, I think you can make it. I've got 156 days for my Bermuda cruise this year, 437 days to my B2B next April and 554 to my Alaska cruise tour next August. Now, those are long waits! However, I'm looking at the positive side. Just consider all the "great" deals I can take advantage of waiting. :3_grin:

6 minutes ago, rjac said:

I've got 156 days for my Bermuda cruise this year, 437 days to my B2B next April and 554 to my Alaska cruise tour next August. Now, those are long waits!

You and I are in very similar boats -- 253 days until my Bermuda cruise this year, and 541 days until my Iceland & Greenland cruise next August. I wish I had a B2B in between those two!

21 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Update:

- Bridge and Galley tour

- Backstage tour 

- private Escape the Rubicon session 

- Cupcake making classes

Not much else to do at this point. It’s going to be a long wait... 

WOW !!!  Pretty awesome.  I think your Genie must be a real Genie !  I've never had that much reserved before getting onboard.  Where are you eating lunch on embark day ?  I had our Genie make reservations at Chops b/c I am concerned that it might be very busy on embark day now, with The Key people dining there.  We have normally been the only ones in the restaurant but I think those days are over !

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sabor...It was an easy decision because I have wanted to try it every time we've sailed OA class and we (Hubby) were too frugal to want to spend the extra! 😆

Try all the margaritas.  All of them.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Try all the margaritas.  All of them.

It was a fun challenge! Think I managed to do all the margaritas on Harmony plus the Mezcal selections. Only part I didn't do were the sangrias and flights.

Plus it helped having a bartender that you've met on a few other sailings. I give her credit, managed to make the Jalapeno Cucumber Margarita not taste like lawn clippings.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is the plan!  I will provide photo evidence. 😉

Uhh, hope there's none of you praying to the Porcelain God after trying Matt's recommendation "Try all the margaritas.  All of them". 🤢

2 minutes ago, rjac said:

Uhh, hope there's none of you praying to the Porcelain God after trying Matt's recommendation "Try all the margaritas.  All of them". 🤢

He didn't say all the same day. Taking out the flights you only have 5 margaritas in the "Drink around Sabor" challenge. 

Now if trying to do the flights and meet the package rules you might run into some issues.

2,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=366,

59 minutes ago, rjac said:

There will be none of that. My kids are with me on this one. What kind of example would I be setting? 😆 That and I would never attempt to try them all at once. That for sure would not end well.

Some random thoughts and observations since I last posted.  This past week and a half or so, I've been emailing Araceli here and there to fine tune some plans.  Our main schedule was done already, and now it's the little things.  She is as wonderful as many have told me.  Communication with her has been prompt and detailed.  I cannot wait to meet her in 3 weeks time.  Anyway, here is what I have discovered so far:

- Genies really can make things happen, even things that don't cross your mind (and I've done lots of research so not much surprises me).

- Genies also do say no sometimes.  For example, we were hoping for burgers from Johnny Rockets or Jamie's to be delivered to our cabana in Labadee, and the answer was no.  So contrary to popular belief, they cannot make everything happen.

- I have also come to the conclusion that what a Genie can do also depends on the ship.  For example, I asked if seats could be reserved on the promenade for certain events and it was explained to me that they do that on Oasis and Allure but not Harmony.  We also inquired about private ice time (as I have heard of other Star Class passengers doing this with success) and we were told that they cannot do that on Harmony but instead, they would give the girls a sticker for public ice time.  No clue what that means right now.  So, no surprise here that Royal is not consistent even with Star Class and genie benefits.

- It has been so stress free to be able to move dining around without any worries that there would not be availability.  We've done it a few times now and Araceli has come back with a simple answer of "Done :)"  

22 days and counting...🙂