twangster

Adventure 5 Nights 5/5/18 Repositioning San Juan to Bayonne

Following dinner I wandered around the ship taking advantage of diamond happy hour drinks since I didn't purchase the drink package.  The Captain's address in the Promenade at 8:00 was well attended (maybe it's the free sparkling wine).  The ship band was there to entertain us while we waited for the Captain.

xnA77Xf.jpg

wXQmgR7.jpg

To the pub then the Schooner Bar for live music.  I finally met @mpoole3 and a few others.  He had a friend he cruised with to Cuba who let us into the Suite Lounge so we could take a few pictures.

8re0zTu.jpg

x8SlHVx.jpg

Absent of Coastal Kitchen it reminds me of an Oasis class suite lounge a little bit.

TptONCq.jpg

Since we were up on deck 14 we checked out the silent disco which was very busy.

G6MT13D.jpg

V5kxCmm.jpg

Returning to the cabin I discovered a gift waiting for me.  This is my first cruise as a Diamond Plus and it was a Crown and Anchor beach towel.

3sgaqUU.jpg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Absent of Coastal Kitchen it reminds me of an Oasis class suite lounge a little bit.

I thought the same thing after looking at your photos

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Following dinner I wandered around the ship taking advantage of diamond happy hour drinks since I didn't purchase the drink package.  The Captain's address in the Promenade at 8:00 was well attended (maybe it's the free sparkling wine).  The ship band was there to entertain us while we waited for the Captain.

413040637_Day2Eve-6.jpg.e7479cabce11ab8e44aa5b901dcc7812.jpg

682424848_Day2Eve-7.jpg.e86c3964373cffe49432ae406cabf6ce.jpg

To the pub then the Schooner Bar for live music.  I finally met @mpoole3 and a few others.  He had a friend he cruised with to Cuba who let us into the Suite Lounge so we could take a few pictures.

1874867739_Day2Eve-2.jpg.1b095508d50b23791cbfba89d87fbebd.jpg

1861485845_Day2Eve-3.jpg.428d788408d33d3e94b92e063df02660.jpg

Since we were up on deck 14 we checked out the silent disco which was very busy.

1408035723_Day2Eve-4.jpg.622365721df66f2a90ee94dfe7c26185.jpg

1123491035_Day2Eve-5.jpg.7593cbdf39c62cd4f7d4926b85f7dca2.jpg

Returning to the cabin I discovered a gift waiting for me.  This is my first cruise as a Diamond Plus and it was a Crown and Anchor beach towel.

1886494597_Day2Eve-8.jpg.ca94dd0bb2f5c4841f6cd6a1e32e43a1.jpg

I love my towel. They are so colorful.

The pool deck area in the daylight. 

v8nouXl.jpg

The new kids water park:

SkRck15.jpg

gYdVNDe.jpg

You can see where they placed the new deck 12 cabins in the panoramic ocean view cabins.  The jogging track was re-routed around the solarium open ceiling and you can see the color difference where the new jogging track meets the old jogging track.

L2T6ltA.jpg

VmzaQce.jpg

The new cabins created a new St Tropez sun deck much like on the Freedom class that have received the new cabins in this area.  Just like Liberty they have installed glass dividers to break the wind in this area.  On Freedom this area was more open.

HLmQDYa.jpg

The view of the solarium from St Tropez.

3JsnMWu.jpg

x5NMnMF.jpg

I couldn't go into the new cabins since they are occupied (I saw people in them from the helipad on day one) but the hallways in this area smell and look new as you would expect.

Tuz7zNs.jpg

txVVvPC.jpg

On 5/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, JLMoran said:

I did notice the balcony railing / glass is angled outward. Do you still have a good view to either side when sitting, or do you have to walk right up to the railing to have any view to the sides?

This balcony is not as deep as my last balcony on Serenade.  Sitting down you definitely feel like you are in a cave.

oBpDlRB.jpg

Leaning against the railing doesn't feel unnatural.

Ew1MuVk.jpg

B6esYQC.jpg

Looking down the life boats stick out ever so slightly but you still have great views down to the water.

AE5pThu.jpg