New Website for Royal - Bugs!

Such a terrible design!  How could anyone think this is an upgrade?  Sure, you can go to the "Already booked" option......but WHY??  Clearly you should be able to click on a cruise on your list and from there get all the options there are for that cruise (ie. the planner).  This seems to be a total disconnect!

2 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

This is proof that Royal's IT doesn't follow proper release protocols. You never should do your changes on your live system until there is a tested version. They weren't even ready in the first place never mind trying to do testing on it. This is why version releases are important.

I can see where perhaps they hoped for a better outcome, but I am rather surprised they did not roll back.  24+ hours of essentially a dead account management site is unacceptable for a major company like this.

Their backend system is antiquated and overdue for an overhaul, so it's not a simple upgrade.  However, as you mentioned @LetsTryThisTech, the duration of the problems exhibited is really bizarre to see in production for this length of time.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I can see where perhaps they hoped for a better outcome, but I am rather surprised they did not roll back.  24+ hours of essentially a dead account management site is unacceptable for a major company like this.

Their backend system is antiquated and overdue for an overhaul, so it's not a simple upgrade.  However, as you mentioned @LetsTryThisTech, the duration of the problems exhibited is really bizarre to see in production for this length of time.

So, has anyone called Royal to see what they're going to do about this mess? I tried and the young man I spoke with was absolutely no help at all. 

12 hours ago, rjac said:

So, has anyone called Royal to see what they're going to do about this mess? I tried and the young man I spoke with was absolutely no help at all. 

Last night I started looking for information. I ended up on Twitter and sent a PM. First I was told the issues only affected “a small number of people” but they could not say when it would work. 

I focused on the fact that there was no warning and I can not find any information shared by the company to address concerns. As someone with a cruise in 35 days I am very concerned when RCL says I do not have a reservation.

After a number of messages back and forth they asked me my reservation number. At 8:14pm they told me to “hold on” while they checked. That was my last response.

I didn’t think they would make me feel worse but they did.

i am thankful to all of you and your tricks to get into the new website.

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

If you have your reservation number, just input it in the "look up reservation" field and it should populate. All 7 of my reservations needed to be inputted and no further issues. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately when I do that on the new site it says I do not have a reservation.

On Facebook and other platforms I hear the website "should" be working by Monday by people who have spoken w/ Royal.  Looking at the current design, it's NOT easy to navigate.  It seems with every upgrade they offer less.  There was an upgrade about a year ago where before you could see all the "Suite" layouts where as now, they just list the perks of the Royal Suite experience but no actual pictures/layouts.  I really hope that this upgrade would bring that back and enhance other things but we will wait and see...

Has anyone had any luck booking drink packages?  I was planning on getting our drink package today for our cruise in 28 days.  When I click on the cruise planner I get "Bad Request."  I've also tried to go to the FAQ/Help section and I get the same "Bad Request" page.  I'm not going to be happy if I have to purchase the package on the ship and pay a higher price...they need to solve this ASAP! 

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

There is a possibility it is functioning as they intend.  Decoupling the Crown and Anchor login from future cruise planning, requiring each cruise to be accessed on its own, using the reservation number unique to that cruise.  Maybe this is exactly how they want it to function.

5aa3e8702ce1f_rcicp.thumb.jpeg.95a07b08382db27453650b1b340f66fa.jpeg

That may very well be. But, with this big of a change/upgrade it seems to me that Royal would have sent out an e-mail weeks ago telling us what was coming, what to expect and when it would be launched. I know, not everyone has signed up to receive e-mail from Royal....shame on them. But for the rest us of subscribers, who receive sale updates, new cruises, etc., it would have been nice to have been forewarned about this overnight mess!:27_sunglasses:

2 hours ago, rjac said:

@PrincipalTinker

Try this link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do. That will get you into their website so you can access your reservation. If that does not work get back to us here on the board.:27_sunglasses:

Thanks! That link works and I can see my cruise and everything I booked is there!

5 minutes ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Thanks! That link works and I can see my cruise and everything I booked is there!

Hopefully you have already done the online registration and printed off your cruise documents. If not, do it now before that link goes down or worse things happen to Royal's website!:27_sunglasses:

7 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I tweeted at them requesting a timeline, and they just said to call their toll free number.

Good luck with that! I tried that yesterday, I felt sorry for the young man I spoke with. He was absolutely clueless. It's a shame that Royal is subjecting their customer service personnel to this kind of abuse!:27_sunglasses: