More Out of Control CocoCay Pricing

Was on the cruise planner today and at CocoCay there is the "swimming pigs tour"... and before the "sale" it is listed at $154.  I have done this once before with my pig obsessed ex gf and I have no earthly idea why it would cost this much.  You take a beautiful but short boat ride to the area where the pigs are at, and then you get to feed them apples if you choose, get into the water with them for a photo op. 

Why such a bloated price for a short, maybe ten minute boat ride and apples?!  Its not like I'm getting to drive a jet ski over to the island and then taking home lobster.

I love RC and I know this seems like a silly complaint, but I just had to point this out today.

13 hours ago, PhantomWolf said:

Was on the cruise planner today and at CocoCay there is the "swimming pigs tour"... and before the "sale" it is listed at $154.  I have done this once before with my pig obsessed ex gf and I have no earthly idea why it would cost this much.  You take a beautiful but short boat ride to the area where the pigs are at, and then you get to feed them apples if you choose, get into the water with them for a photo op. 

Why such a bloated price for a short, maybe ten minute boat ride and apples?!  Its not like I'm getting to drive a jet ski over to the island and then taking home lobster.

I love RC and I know this seems like a silly complaint, but I just had to point this out today.

Yes, overpriced, and not the authentic island according to other posts. Coco Cay is a beach day, and a normal beach for free, no parking, is a great deal! 

56 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Coco Cay is a beach day, and a normal beach for free, no parking, is a great deal! 

No parking, yummy unlimited food included, and even free drinks if you’re Diamond or above… I compare it to an AI beach club without the additional fee (since we have vouchers & a few drinks is good enough for me).

14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

This is what it is on ours 5/31. 

I feel your pain. The OTW Cabanas held at $4099, until they went on sale for $3299, and they are still not selling.

See on the two cruises I'm on for next year the OTW cabanas are also at 4099 and only a few of them remain. People are paying that much for them so the price won't go down. Really hopped for less so we could snag one but why would royal do that if they can make wayy more if people are willing to spend more.

10 minutes ago, Jill said:

My icon sailing for next week had OW cabanas drop to $1,999. 

Beach club we got for $125

I think the cruise fare has gotten so high that people are forgoing extras. 

This is starting to be the case I think as well. My Icon in 3 weeks has been very competitive with PDCC. I too believe folks are only willing to pay so much for extras after paying for the top dollar ship.

Still not as good as Matt's example, but more competitive.

Just now, CanHardlyWait said:

This is starting to be the case I think as well. My Icon in 3 weeks has been very competitive with PDCC. I too believe folks are only willing to pay so much for extras after paying for the top dollar ship.

Still not as good as Matt's example, but more competitive.

Now if they’d drop the drink package to about $68 I might bite. Lol We have our 5 drinks a day but there are so many cool craft cocktails on this ship, the package would be nice. So far it hasn’t gone below $72. Hoping the 10 drink card makes an appearance 

3 hours ago, Ryansox said:

See on the two cruises I'm on for next year the OTW cabanas are also at 4099 and only a few of them remain. People are paying that much for them so the price won't go down. Really hopped for less so we could snag one but why would royal do that if they can make wayy more if people are willing to spend more.

We book the BC exclusively when we are at PDCC, and everytime the CP shows Over the Water Cabanas as sold out, yet there are ALWAYS A LOT of vacant cabanas through the day (every time we have visited).

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The pricing is not all crazy high.

My May 20 sailing of Freedom of the Seas has the lowest price I've ever seen for an OTW cabana

Screenshot (1).png

Our trip during the tail end of spring break was exactly the opposite on Symphony.  There were a ton of families with kids on the ship.  We were rerouted from Labadee and shared Coco Cay with Oasis, so two oasis class ships.  Hideaway dropped in price dramatically a few days before the sale planner closed and we were able to get is for $22.95 a person.  The water park was maxed out around $200 per person if I remember right.  There was absolutely no crowd in Hideaway beach the day we went and my wife and I had a blast.  Dynamic pricing and supply and demand definitely kicked in here.

image.thumb.png.5444114df07fae89f00345528b4471a3.png

I think i need to be on @Matt's cruise for that crazy price for the OTW cabana 😆

Thanks for the comparison on Celebrity @Rackham. I wish the Hideaway Cabanas were that price for our cruise. Ours were $2299 and sold out. Then 1 popped open at the same price and i was having FOMO and booked the last one before i retire and am poor 😁. Then one more popped open and they're at $2549 now so I'm not unhappy. We'd done the OTW cabana once and decided to try a new experience this time since our helpful server pointed out a bunch of jelly fish when we were in the water. 😍

2 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

We'd done the OTW cabana once and decided to try a new experience this time since our helpful server pointed out a bunch of jelly fish when we were in the water.

Is that better or worse than my wife pointing out the lemon shark she encountered while snorkeling from the OTW cabana we freeloaded in the one time. 🤔

Add in the nurse shark she saw by Chill Beach, the angry chickens, the seagulls, and the big iguana that lives on the Oasis pool island... lots of fun wildlife on CocoCay!