"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

Where did I leave off? Oh yes, just before dinner they made the announcement about Labadee being a no go. Then while Hubby was getting ready for dinner, we lose water again. I cannot remember if I told you guys that part already? I have no clue what is going on with the water system on this ship, but 2 days in a row now where the water is just gone at a time when all sorts of people are trying to get ready for dinner 😬

Dinner was at Chops tonight. I love Chops. I think about the mushroom soup and lobster all the time. My soup was delicious! Something was slightly off with the lobster. I am not sure what? Almost tasted like it had sat out on a warmer? It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great either. Dessert was delicious as always, but my Bavarian coffee was odd too. This is a hot drink. It is always served in a glass mug with a spoon. Mine came in a plastic cup with a straw. Very odd. Freeloaders loved their plate of croutons though! 
IMG_0571.thumb.jpeg.974200b435ae7d7810a3c98b9ca23bc7.jpeg
IMG_0572.thumb.jpeg.8976035977ad0e118f348cb2a147d507.jpeg

IMG_0573.thumb.jpeg.5c0c35dd429af42f6d83453904cb3c4c.jpeg

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.73cf5ae15d2d9d99bae551a724ced662.jpeg

After dinner we went to see Frozen in Time. I got a good laugh at myself here because I now know that I spoke too soon when I said we don’t encounter shenanigans.

Shane had reserve two seats beside D17 and whoever it was for did not end up showing. Towards show start time, Shane removes the SC banners. Like hawks, two guys swoop in and ask Shane if they can have the seats. Shane tells them go ahead. D17 later pointed out that these are the same guys who did this at Aqua 80 try #1 a few nights ago.

Anyhow, this is where it got crazy. So the two guys sit down and another guy behind them starts yelling at them. The two guys start yelling back saying they have every right to sit there because they asked (which they did). Then all sorts of swearing and name calling begin. We told D17 to get ready to duck down lol.

These 3 guys caused such a commotion and neither would back down. Everyone was now watching. They basically did not stop swearing and name calling until the show began. So extra and such an overreaction on both parts.

This text was a nice way to end off the night. We don’t always do genie gifts. But when you and your genie go back to 2019, you cannot show up empty handed. We gave this to Shane on the first night we arrived. He sent us this tonight.

📸 Shane 
38058b4a-f717-422c-857a-2dce6e3d060a.thumb.jpeg.1a51ef8be258dba5481810f817d26641.jpeg

(Note: that genie lamp is not from us. Neither is that mouse lol)

48 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:
2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

What does the letter mean when it says you can use it for insurance? Will insurance give you money for missing a stop?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that was the exact line that caught my attention too! I am going to ask around and try to find out. 

We used to get this insurance policy before we moved over to Chase Sapphire. It covers shorex reimbursement for missed port stops so this letter would be helpful to make claims. 

Universal Cruise

Nationwide SVG Logo

ITINERARY CHANGE – PRE-PAID EXCURSION

In the event a cruise line makes a Change in Your Trip itinerary, after Your actual departure date that prevents You from participating in an event/activity that was pre-paid prior to departure and scheduled on Your Trip itinerary, Your nonrefundable pre-paid event/activity expenses will be reimbursed up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits, subject to any applicable sub-limits.

Benefits will not be paid if the event/activity is rescheduled during the course of the Trip.

Verification by the cruise line of the change in the scheduled Trip itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shane had reserve two seats beside D17 and whoever it was for did not end up showing. Towards show start time, Shane removes the SC banners. Like hawks, two guys swoop in and ask Shane if they can have the seats. Shane tells them go ahead. D17 later pointed out that these are the same guys who did this at Aqua 80 try #1 a few nights ago.

Anyhow, this is where it got crazy. So the two guys sit down and another guy behind them starts yelling at them. The two guys start yelling back saying they have every right to sit there because they asked (which they did). Then all sorts of swearing and name calling begin. We told D17 to get ready to duck down lol.

Hey! I admire the resourcefulness of the 2 guys, stalking unneeded Star seats! Super smart!

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This text was a nice way to end off the night. We don’t always do genie gifts. But when you and your genie go back to 2019, you cannot show up empty handed. We gave this to Shane on the first night we arrived. He sent us this tonight.

Nice bottle. Lovely! The other day i dreamed of having Shane as our Genie and showing up with a bottle of Opus One. I love red wine. Now, do i drink that myself? Hello, no. At the rate i drink grapes, I'd be destitute. Would i buy that for my Genie, however? In a heartbeat. 🤣

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner was at Chops tonight. I love Chops. I think about the mushroom soup and lobster all the time. My soup was delicious! Something was slightly off with the lobster. I am not sure what? Almost tasted like it had sat out on a warmer? It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great either. Dessert was delicious as always, but my Bavarian coffee was odd too. This is a hot drink. It is always served in a glass mug with a spoon. Mine came in a plastic cup with a straw. Very odd. Freeloaders loved their plate of croutons though! 
IMG_0571.thumb.jpeg.974200b435ae7d7810a3c98b9ca23bc7.jpeg
IMG_0572.thumb.jpeg.8976035977ad0e118f348cb2a147d507.jpeg

IMG_0573.thumb.jpeg.5c0c35dd429af42f6d83453904cb3c4c.jpeg

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.73cf5ae15d2d9d99bae551a724ced662.jpeg

Red velvet Cake!!!!!

Sorry @Lovetocruise2002  Adding on to your wonderful blog with my observations!  This Aqua80 show was incredible.  We were on Oasis last year and thought it was fine but not great.  The divers seemed much more talented than last year and did much harder dives.  

The water situation stinks!  Yesterday we all had taken showers before it went down.  The first time, my hubby was stuck with suds.

Did Frozen in Time have skaters in duck costumes at one point.  We thought it did and we didn’t really like the show so we skipped it.

Today’s agenda: work out, breakfast in WJ (hate it but it’s easy), sit under pink slide, at some point go to next cruise, dinner at CK, early to bed.  Tomorrow we are going to Blue Hole so need to wake up early.

We are really seeing more cost cutting measures from a year ago.  

Off to work out!

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

Sorry @Lovetocruise2002  Adding on to your wonderful blog with my observations!  This Aqua80 show was incredible.  We were on Oasis last year and thought it was fine but not great.  The divers seemed much more talented than last year and did much harder dives.  

The water situation stinks!  Yesterday we all had taken showers before it went down.  The first time, my hubby was stuck with suds.

Did Frozen in Time have skaters in duck costumes at one point.  We thought it did and we didn’t really like the show so we skipped it.

Today’s agenda: work out, breakfast in WJ (hate it but it’s easy), sit under pink slide, at some point go to next cruise, dinner at CK, early to bed.  Tomorrow we are going to Blue Hole so need to wake up early.

We are really seeing more cost cutting measures from a year ago.  

Off to work out!

Frozen in time had Ducks when we went last January... we also found it to be a weird show and did not go back the second time around on Oasis in October.

8 hours ago, SweetPea said:

It covers shorex reimbursement for missed port stops so this letter would be helpful to make claims. 

Good to know. That would be helpful if you had an excursion that was non-refundable. Thanks! 

8 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Nice bottle. Lovely! The other day i dreamed of having Shane as our Genie and showing up with a bottle of Opus One. I love red wine. Now, do i drink that myself? Hello, no.

My thinking is exactly! I never buy wine like that for myself. 

We were on Oasis last year and thought it was fine but not great.  The divers seemed much more talented than last year and did much harder dives.

we never saw the divers the last time we were on in 2022. But to hear that I was better than last year makes me happy that I saw it this time! 

Did Frozen in Time have skaters in duck costumes at one point.

Yes, that’s the one! It has this whole ugly duckling scene with swan boats and everything. 

Pretty lazy morning so far. Ever since I woke up at 8am, we have just been coasting off the coast of Cuba. Barely moving. I was adopted for breakfast by Andrew and family. Hubby is up now and hitting the FlowRider. Freeloaders have yet to be scene. 

I might wander to the suite sundeck to grab some photos of the crowds. I have heard that the chair hogs are out in full force out there this sailing. Like someone is up there before 7:30am and saving a ton of chairs. No one is policing up there like they are on Deck 15. 

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So the two guys sit down and another guy behind them starts yelling at them. The two guys start yelling back saying they have every right to sit there because they asked (which they did). Then all sorts of swearing and name calling begin. We told D17 to get ready to duck down lol.

These 3 guys caused such a commotion and neither would back down. Everyone was now watching. They basically did not stop swearing and name calling until the show began. So extra and such an overreaction on both parts.

What was the issue ?  The guy in the back didn't want someone sitting in front of him ?  HE wanted the seats ?  What was the beef ?

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What was the issue ?  The guy in the back didn't want someone sitting in front of him ?  HE wanted the seats ?  What was the beef ?

That is what we could not figure out! We don’t know what the original beef was. As the two guys were putting their behinds in the chairs, the guy behind was already yelling something. That part we did not hear. But then the two guys sat and turned around and started yelling back that they asked and it was fine for them to sit there. That was the part we started to hear. Then it started escalating after that .

@Lovetocruise2002chair hogs were bad today on the main pool deck.  If you can stand the main pool deck, look for us in the 2nd row of the pink slide.  Yesterday no issue getting chairs on our way to breakfast at 9:15.  Today hubby went up there at 8 and there were about 8 chairs left.  He grabbed our 4 and yes we joined the chair hogging crew.  However, DD and I will spend a lot of time there so I don’t feel bad as I was in my chair before 10 and won’t leave until 4ish.  Super hot today!  

12 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

What does the letter mean when it says you can use it for insurance? Will insurance give you money for missing a stop? Is it only the port fees, or more than that? We missed a stop at Costa Maya last year and Royal refunded our port fees so I didn't think anything of it. 

Some insurance policies have missed port coverage where they give you a flat fee for missing a port when your itinerary is altered. Also if it was a port where you could have scheduled your own outside excursions that were non-refundable, this is the proof you need to claim that with insurance as well.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:00 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After ice cream, I went to the Schooner Bar to meet up with @recogneyes. I really love getting together with her! Great conversation about all sorts of things. I got her to try the lavender martini 😋 and just so great to see her again. I am sad because we talked about our cruising upcoming cruise schedules and it doesn’t look like we will see each other for a while. 

So great getting caught up in person…love our conversations. We cover a lot of topics in a short period of time. Lavender martini in the schooner bar can be our tradition when we meet up again…hopefully not too far in the future. 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pretty lazy morning so far. Ever since I woke up at 8am, we have just been coasting off the coast of Cuba. Barely moving. I was adopted for breakfast by Andrew and family. Hubby is up now and hitting the FlowRider. Freeloaders have yet to be scene. 

I might wander to the suite sundeck to grab some photos of the crowds. I have heard that the chair hogs are out in full force out there this sailing. Like someone is up there before 7:30am and saving a ton of chairs. No one is policing up there like they are on Deck 15. 

Slow cruising sounds amazing. I would be very interested to learn about the suite sun deck chair situation. 

1 hour ago, recogneyes said:

So great getting caught up in person…love our conversations. We cover a lot of topics in a short period of time.

I was telling Justin the same thing! We covered so much in our hour and a half ❤️

32 minutes ago, Jorge_Jay said:

I would be very interested to learn about the suite sun deck chair situation

I probably will not make it there today. But I promise to before this sailing is over. 

I think we definitely got the “genie special” this afternoon! I have to say, I am not easily surprised but I did not see this one coming! 

When getting drinks with @recogneyes, she asked me if we had been to the pub. I said no and that we are not huge fans of the pub in general. She said we have to at least pop by for a  visit to see the pub signer because he is really good.

Later then evening, we ran into @recogneyes again at playmakers, and Stephen, the pub signer was there. She introduced us and we said will try to find time to see him. If you are wondering where I am going with this, keep reading…

Today is a sea day, and Shane overheard us saying last night that we might do El Loco today. He suggested that we do a delivery because it might be busy and our kids never get anywhere early. When we came back to our room to eat, this is what we found. 

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

This blog is amazing, I can't thank you enough. The joy this last photo gave me, just wow!

Congratulations to YOU the parents and your amazing high school graduate D17. I'm sure this young lady is destined for greatness. 👩‍🎓🎓

It is an honor joining your family on this oh so special sailing. 

Cheers to you, what an incredible family you are!!!!

4 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Congratulations to YOU the parents and your amazing high school graduate D17. I'm sure this young lady is destined for greatness. 👩‍🎓🎓

I sure hope so! We need someone to take care of us when we grow old! And she already knows my cruising style. 😂

Thank you @Neesa! And congratulations to you too with your graduate! ❤️

Afternoon report:

With lunch done, I headed to Starbucks for my daily Strawberry refresher. Then Hubby said he was going back to the FlowRider, D17 is reading on the suite sundeck, D15 is chilling with her books in the cabin. 

I had to go to the suite sundeck to grab the sunscreen from D17 to bring to Hubby at the FlowRider (see, still playing home genie) so I grabbed some pics of the crowds on the suite sundeck. Not bad. Perhaps it got too hot for everyone . I will try to go again earlier over the next two days. 
IMG_0593.thumb.jpeg.c64fdf9e2f6b3d9e5fe10d91daf82a59.jpeg

IMG_0594.thumb.jpeg.36ad6b1fdc583a041cb379fa0a78f906.jpeg

37 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

So he delivers ELF the room which is cool but then gets the pub singer there for a private concert ? Mercy, I’m somehow booking star class in the future. That’s sublime genie service. 

That pretty much sums up what happened 😂 I will say though, Shane is truly one of a kind. 

37 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did I miss the Genie surprise ?

Scroll back a few posts. I think that was it lol

22 minutes ago, bellemiche said:

Shane won't happen to be on Harmony in July will he? 😍  What an amazing surprise!

No. He is going home in a few weeks and then headed to SY in May.